Can win Obama win a debate Against Newt ??

Sooo, you ask a question - and then answer it...

Obama is brilliant; he's the incumbent - and he has inside knowledge that Newt isn't privy to...

So, yes, I would expect Obama to win a debate against Newt.

There's nothing brilliant about a reader.

If Obama starts telling lies and Newt catches him in the lie and exposes him he won't be able to lie his way out of it convincingly.

The way he held his own against McCain was by knowing the questions ahead of time and having prepared answers ready for it. McCain ether didn't know how to respond or he refused to.

Oh yes....same old "Obama can't speak without a telepromter" nonsense

Obama trounced McCain regardless of the debate format. There were no telepromters for either side. Candidates did not know the questions in advance, but Obama was prepared.

He will also be prepared to discuss Newts proposed policies and what they would mean to the American people

Obama is brilliant; he's the incumbent - and he has inside knowledge that Newt isn't privy to...

If Obama starts telling lies and Newt catches him in the lie and exposes him he won't be able to lie his way out of it convincingly.

The way he held his own against McCain was by knowing the questions ahead of time and having prepared answers ready for it. McCain ether didn't know how to respond or he refused to.

I think even Hillary would have surprised allot of people, and looked good debating McCain. What ever it was, that McCain was good at, it was not Debating or Campaigning.

He was old and partially crippled.

Regardless how Democrats claim to help old people it's not beneath them to take advantage of them any chance they get.

Obama trounced McCain regardless of the debate format. There were no telepromters for either side. Candidates did not know the questions in advance, but Obama was prepared.

He will also be prepared to discuss Newts proposed policies and what they would mean to the American people

Best to remember that Newt ain't McCain. This ain't the Kiddie Pool. Wear protection, so you don't spot yourself, and stay close to the bathroom during the debates. :) Stay away from sharp objects too. ;)

I think even Hillary would have surprised allot of people, and looked good debating McCain. What ever it was, that McCain was good at, it was not Debating or Campaigning.

He was old and partially crippled.

Regardless how Democrats claim to help old people it's not beneath them to take advantage of them any chance they get.

Still, he was a poor Candidate.

HELL NO !!!the idiot that libtards voted into office will get trounced !!

:evil: not even you, yidnar, can make this distracting... the more I see of newt, the more I like him, BUT there is so much more going on than what debates will reveal to the uninsightful. :cool:

Best to remember that Newt ain't McCain. This ain't the Kiddie Pool. Wear protection, so you don't spot yourself, and stay close to the bathroom during the debates. :) Stay away from sharp objects too. ;)

Newt is still Newt.......the surly old man act gets tiresome

"Hey boy.......Get off my LAWN"

Newt is still Newt.......the surly old man act gets tiresome

"Hey boy.......Get off my LAWN"

You do have a point in Newt being Newt, he's made enemies, but, Debate is not his weak point, closets may or may not be, that remains to be seen. What you are not accounting for, is that Obama's record, makes Anybody but him look the Better, no matter how you try to spin it. What concerns me Personally about Newt, is, and I Pray, he is not an Obama Light.

We need to focus on establishing Justice, Impartial Justice, Maintaining it and serving it first, leaning neither Left or Right, or there will be back lash. We should not be abandoning Integrity for Expediency, no matter how slick the Pitch.

Gingrich will lose a debate with Obama if he states the Supreme Court is not in the Constitution or that public sector employees should be fired and replaced by minor children.

That type if ignorance and idiocy is all that’s heard from Gingrich; his ‘brilliance’ and ‘intelligence’ clearly a myth.

I saw somebody making Obama look like an idiot the other day.

His name was Barack Obama.

:lol:

Any opponent in a debate against Obama just needs to let Obama talk - off the teleprompter. Obama will destroy himself.

Last edited:

Any opponent in a debate against Obama just needs to let Obama talk - off the teleprompter. Obama will destroy himself.

Good luck with that strategy......it sure worked in 2008

No doubt Obama can mix it up when he has to. Just look at his speech this week on his foreign policy. Obama can also be charming, academic and humorous

Newt is just Newt. Surly and condescending

It will not bode well with the American public at large

It really depends on what preconceptions you bring with you when you watch him, doesn't it?

At least I recognize that my opinions shade my viewing.... too bad you can't do the same.

Good luck with that strategy......it sure worked in 2008
He was an unknown in 2008. He has a record now, and that record stinks. He's not going to get another pass.....He could still pull it off, but it won't be easy.

I'm looking for someone who wants to bet $1000 on Newt winning the election vs. Obama if he gets the nomination.

You got anything more than a big mouth?

Hmmmm............almost 19K posts in two years!!!

s0n......you clearly dont get out of the house much, yet we're all sure you're an expert on "big mouths". Funny how the social invalids among us are always giving the most advice!!:D

I'm looking for someone who wants to bet $1000 on Newt winning the election vs. Obama if he gets the nomination.

You got anything more than a big mouth?

Hmmmm............almost 19K posts in two years!!!

s0n......you clearly dont get out of the house much, yet we're all sure you're an expert on "big mouths". Funny how the social invalids among us are always giving the most advice!!:D

You want the bet, old man?

Gingrich will lose a debate with Obama if he states the Supreme Court is not in the Constitution or that public sector employees should be fired and replaced by minor children.

That type if ignorance and idiocy is all that’s heard from Gingrich; his ‘brilliance’ and ‘intelligence’ clearly a myth.

Newt isn't brilliant. He's an idiot with an articulate speaking style that just sounds brilliant.

obamie is like ewe, he doesn't know his ass from a hole in da ground.

Newt isn't brilliant. He's an idiot with an articulate speaking style that just sounds brilliant.

Fear not...

Newt has a big target on his back now.....the Republicans will once again turn on their own and Newt will fall back to the pack

Romney is waiting

Forum List

Back