Can win Obama win a debate Against Newt ??

Because, WT, the country would be far more screwed up if the GOP as it is constituted right now in national leadership were in charge. It is screwed up because it is taking years to do undo the damage of the bushies and the newts. They screwed it up that badly.

What would happen at an Obama - Gingrich campaigns and debates?

Obama could not really rely on his accomplishments. Every time he would try, our historian and current event expert, Gingrich would blow him away. He would exploit Obama's lack of history knowledge and explain why his actions were inappropriate.

Obama would rely on rhetoric and crowd pleasing slogans to get his ball rolling and Newt wouldn't have any part of it. He would call it out for what it is... words, and promises that do him well in the past 3 years.

Gingrich would rely on HIS own accomplishments and Obama will be prepared enough to come back with a three sentence retort, but that wouldn't be enough.. Gingrich, who is ultimately superior in general knowledge, politics and history could reply with concrete answers to deny Obama the win in any discourse. Obama just can't be prepared for the vast knowledge that Newt has.

Obama will try to win on cam[paign ads on infidelity and past mistakes of Newt. Will that be enough?

Gingrich ads will show Obama's promises and mistakes in office. They will be videos of Obama's words coming back to hit him where it hurts.

Obama has a clear win when it comes to funding ads. Gingrich doesn't yet have the funds to match his. Will money speak louder? Can Newt get the financial backing to match the ad competition?

Will discourse at either convention alter the public mind? OWS problem for Obama and unhappiness with Newt in the Republican Convention?

I am impressed...

The Republicans actually revering someone who is a historian. That usually means someone who was educated in history and forms opinions based on that education

When historians ranked the Bush presidency the worst in modern times and fifth worst of all time, Republicans dismissed historians as elitists out of touch with reality. When historians list FDR as one of our greatest presidents they dismiss it as propaganda

Now they are giving us...Look everybody....we are running a historian

"Newt Gingrich is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like"

Paul Krugman

From Krugman?

:lmao:

Krugman was for it until the gop was for it, then he was against it.

That man as been discredited so many times it is beyond pale, Yet here you are. spouting BS.

If it's a Thursday night in the fall of 2012, and there's a televised debate featuring Obama's vapid, market researched sound bites vs Romney's vapid market researched sound bites, I'll be watching Monday Night Football highlights.

At least with Newt, you stand a chance of actually learning something.

How to successfully cheat on your spouse.

we already know that, we learned that from clinton,, and jfk,, :badgrin:

Because, WT, the country would be far more screwed up if the GOP as it is constituted right now in national leadership were in charge. It is screwed up because it is taking years to do undo the damage of the bushies and the newts. They screwed it up that badly.

except for the fact that obamie tripled down on the fuck ups.. we about three times worse off than we were when you put the asshole in office. in short he's going toe WRONG way.. next??

You have forgotten recent history. No, we aren't in worse shape now than we were in the Fall of 08, or the winter of 09.

Sooo, you ask a question - and then answer it...

Obama is brilliant; he's the incumbent - and he has inside knowledge that Newt isn't privy to...

So, yes, I would expect Obama to win a debate against Newt.

If he's so brilliant why is the country so fucked up? tweedle dee?

Because stupid people elected enough Republicans to block him from doing anything brilliant.

except for the fact that obamie tripled down on the fuck ups.. we about three times worse off than we were when you put the asshole in office. in short he's going toe WRONG way.. next??

No, we aren't. That's the problem, you cry but offer nothing but crying. Offer something of worth. I voted McCain, and I have admitted my mistake several times. Knowing what I know now but how screwed up the far right of the GOP is, I certainly would not have voted for McCain.

Newt can't beat Obama. Bachmann can't beat Obama. Santorum can't beat Obama. Perry is worried about his base in Texas now, and can't beat Obama.

Romney can beat Obama.

You have forgotten recent history. No, we aren't in worse shape now than we were in the Fall of 08, or the winter of 09.

NO, actually, they are, because of the duration of this thing.

For most Americans, their primary investment is still their home. This year, home values have continued to decrease by another 12% since last year.

Salaries have not kept up with the rate of inflation.

Job creation has not kept up with the increase in the labor force.

The difference between this recession and recessions past is that in those other ones, yeah, I took a big hit in 2001, but by 2004 I was in a vastly better position.

I took a big hit in 2008, but in 2011, I'm really not in any better position, and I think that's the way it is for most people right now. Even the ones who've managed to stay employed.

Sometimes the dentist holding the drill in front of you for ten minutes is a lot more frightening than his doing the actually drilling.

No, we aren't. That's the problem, you cry but offer nothing but crying. Offer something of worth. I voted McCain, and I have admitted my mistake several times. Knowing what I know now but how screwed up the far right of the GOP is, I certainly would not have voted for McCain.

Newt can't beat Obama. Bachmann can't beat Obama. Santorum can't beat Obama. Perry is worried about his base in Texas now, and can't beat Obama.

Romney can beat Obama.

Romney couldn't beat John McCain, who was beaten by Obama.

It's like saying that if George Foreman couldn't beat Joe Frazier, but he can beat Mohammed Ali.

And frankly, if you are whining about the far right of the GOP, maybe you should leave the Republican Party.

you're right... things did go the wrong way. so the teatards need to be replaced.

see... no more problem. :thup:

Sooo, you ask a question - and then answer it...

Obama is brilliant; he's the incumbent - and he has inside knowledge that Newt isn't privy to...

So, yes, I would expect Obama to win a debate against Newt.

Because stupid people elected enough Republicans to block him from doing anything brilliant.

still using that lame assed excuse?

you're right... things did go the wrong way. so the teatards need to be replaced.

see... no more problem. :thup:

no,, the tea party stands for a balanced budget.. libtards stand for spending without restraint. obamietard needs replacing.

The Tea Party members in Congress will be replaced by mainstream Republicans in the coming primaries.

NO, actually, they are, because of the duration of this thing.

For most Americans, their primary investment is still their home. This year, home values have continued to decrease by another 12% since last year.

Salaries have not kept up with the rate of inflation.

Job creation has not kept up with the increase in the labor force.

The difference between this recession and recessions past is that in those other ones, yeah, I took a big hit in 2001, but by 2004 I was in a vastly better position.

I took a big hit in 2008, but in 2011, I'm really not in any better position, and I think that's the way it is for most people right now. Even the ones who've managed to stay employed.

Sometimes the dentist holding the drill in front of you for ten minutes is a lot more frightening than his doing the actually drilling.

We are in a better position, we are not on the brink of a world wide depression. We have greater stability. You are correct in saying that the duration is a problem, but we are not in worse shape.

Not a decent answer. You have seen the obstructionism. You may agree with the obstructionism, but you cannot deny that it exists.

Its much better to blame someone else for one's own short comings.

Brilliant ??? what brilliance has come out of DC, lets get a good example of brilliance that got blocked??

Brilliance my ass,ya know the guy wipes his hands on his pants,watched him wipe popcorn off his hands at a GW basket ball game he is just another stuffed suit that thinks his more than he is.

Stupid %%%$$#& sheep people!!

What would happen at an Obama - Gingrich campaigns and debates?

Obama could not really rely on his accomplishments. Every time he would try, our historian and current event expert, Gingrich would blow him away. He would exploit Obama's lack of history knowledge and explain why his actions were inappropriate.

Obama would rely on rhetoric and crowd pleasing slogans to get his ball rolling and Newt wouldn't have any part of it. He would call it out for what it is... words, and promises that do him well in the past 3 years.

Gingrich would rely on HIS own accomplishments and Obama will be prepared enough to come back with a three sentence retort, but that wouldn't be enough.. Gingrich, who is ultimately superior in general knowledge, politics and history could reply with concrete answers to deny Obama the win in any discourse. Obama just can't be prepared for the vast knowledge that Newt has.

Obama will try to win on cam[paign ads on infidelity and past mistakes of Newt. Will that be enough?

Gingrich ads will show Obama's promises and mistakes in office. They will be videos of Obama's words coming back to hit him where it hurts.

Obama has a clear win when it comes to funding ads. Gingrich doesn't yet have the funds to match his. Will money speak louder? Can Newt get the financial backing to match the ad competition?

Will discourse at either convention alter the public mind? OWS problem for Obama and unhappiness with Newt in the Republican Convention?

I am impressed...

The Republicans actually revering someone who is a historian. That usually means someone who was educated in history and forms opinions based on that education

When historians ranked the Bush presidency the worst in modern times and fifth worst of all time, Republicans dismissed historians as elitists out of touch with reality. When historians list FDR as one of our greatest presidents they dismiss it as propaganda

Now they are giving us...Look everybody....we are running a historian
:)

I too have been astounded by the new-found love of historians by segments of the GOP element.

Its much better to blame someone else for one's own short comings.

Brilliant ??? what brilliance has come out of DC, lets get a good example of brilliance that got blocked??

Brilliance my ass,ya know the guy wipes his hands on his pants,watched him wipe popcorn off his hands at a GW basket ball game he is just another stuffed suit that thinks his more than he is.

Stupid %%%$$#& sheep people!!
OMG! The dude wiped popcorn off his hands on his pants! HORRORS!

Damn.

How much more revealing can you get than that??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEFbao-Hcr4]Bush Wipes Hand On Clinton After Haiti Handshake (Video) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keFIWob8NM4]George Bush Picking his Nose - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPYpzA4e0r0]George W. Bush drunk at wedding - YouTube[/ame]

Just for fun. :)

Forum List

Back