Can win Obama win a debate Against Newt ??

Gingrich will lose a debate with Obama if he states the Supreme Court is not in the Constitution or that public sector employees should be fired and replaced by minor children.

That type if ignorance and idiocy is all that’s heard from Gingrich; his ‘brilliance’ and ‘intelligence’ clearly a myth.

Newt isn't brilliant. He's an idiot with an articulate speaking style that just sounds brilliant.

Fear not...

Newt has a big target on his back now.....the Republicans will once again turn on their own and Newt will fall back to the pack

Romney is waiting
I didn't see that tonight. The atmosphere was very collegial and all the candidates seem committed to defeating OBAMA.

I think a debate would highlight to the American public exactly why Newt was driven out of politics 12 years ago. Newt is rude, condescending and apt to shoot himself in the foot

The difference in temperament between the two would be enough to sink Newts chances...not to mention Obamas superior grasp of the issues

I know, Newt could start talking about corpsemen or the 57 states or the importance of spreading the wealth.

I hope Newt doesn't ask Obama where the jobs are.

I think a debate would highlight to the American public exactly why Newt was driven out of politics 12 years ago. Newt is rude, condescending and apt to shoot himself in the foot

The difference in temperament between the two would be enough to sink Newts chances...not to mention Obamas superior grasp of the issues

I know, Newt could start talking about corpsemen or the 57 states or the importance of spreading the wealth.

I hope Newt doesn't ask Obama where the jobs are.

I'm sure that will come up...

As will protecting tax cuts on the wealthy, Newts ethics violations, his shutting down government, disbanding social security and Medicare

Would make for an interesting debate

Gingrich will lose a debate with Obama if he states the Supreme Court is not in the Constitution or that public sector employees should be fired and replaced by minor children.

That type if ignorance and idiocy is all that’s heard from Gingrich; his ‘brilliance’ and ‘intelligence’ clearly a myth.

Newt isn't brilliant. He's an idiot with an articulate speaking style that just sounds brilliant.

Actually...Newt is rather intelligent. Barack on the other hand is "supposed" to be brilliant. The thing is...he's been President for almost 3 years now, Carbineer and I can't think of one brilliant thing he's said or done. I mean come on...if he were really that bright why can't he give us a budget? He's "brilliant" but he's gonna need until 2013 to make up his mind about the pipeline from Canada to the Gulf? If he were "brilliant" then why didn't he ever publish any scholarly works about constitutional law when he was a law professor? If he was "brilliant" how come he never published any articles under his name in the Harvard Law Review? If he was "brilliant" then why couldn't he get a single piece of legislation passed that he authored in the first two and a half years he was an Illinois state senator? If he was "brilliant" then why did other Democrats have to let him "piggyback" on their legislative work to make it look like he'd accomplished something? If he really IS "brilliant" then why doesn't he have solutions to our economic situation...and when I say a solution I don't mean blaming others for his own shortcomings.

It's been 3 years now...when are we going to SEE some "brilliance"?

He's uh, um, brilliant....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8cNtH1mULo]The Obamessiah Chronicles, Part I - YouTube[/ame]

HELL NO !!!the idiot that libtards voted into office will get trounced !!

All of you Newt supporters are supporting him more for his debating style than you are for anything else.

Obama does not have to debate Newt, he can make up any excuse to get out of it, and then use 1 billion dollars of negative ads to trash him.

DO NOT THINK OBAMA IS SO STUPID THAT HE WOULD AGREE TO DEBATE A HISTORIAN, HE WON'T TAKE THAT BET, SO DON'T YOU EITHER.

If you support Newt than do so because you like his policies and you think he can win, but don't dare pin all your hopes on a debate, because it probably won't happen.

Actually...Newt is rather intelligent. Barack on the other hand is "supposed" to be brilliant. The thing is...he's been President for almost 3 years now, Carbineer and I can't think of one brilliant thing he's said or done. I mean come on...if he were really that bright why can't he give us a budget? He's "brilliant" but he's gonna need until 2013 to make up his mind about the pipeline from Canada to the Gulf? If he were "brilliant" then why didn't he ever publish any scholarly works about constitutional law when he was a law professor? If he was "brilliant" how come he never published any articles under his name in the Harvard Law Review? If he was "brilliant" then why couldn't he get a single piece of legislation passed that he authored in the first two and a half years he was an Illinois state senator? If he was "brilliant" then why did other Democrats have to let him "piggyback" on their legislative work to make it look like he'd accomplished something? If he really IS "brilliant" then why doesn't he have solutions to our economic situation...and when I say a solution I don't mean blaming others for his own shortcomings.

He is smart enough NOT to debate Newt, so don't count on it.

A retro brain-dead neocon who has nothing in common with the average American leads the polls for the Repubs. Totally pitiful...........couldn't make this shit up........

Leads in the polls for Repubs.

Too bad. He's just the best of the worst right now and that is more because they hate Romney than they like Newt.

lol Ronney would be their guy if he wasn't in a cult.

The real cult are all those nimrods who listen to Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck.

:blahblah: :eusa_silenced:

All of you Newt supporters are supporting him more for his debating style than you are for anything else.

Obama does not have to debate Newt, he can make up any excuse to get out of it, and then use 1 billion dollars of negative ads to trash him.

DO NOT THINK OBAMA IS SO STUPID THAT HE WOULD AGREE TO DEBATE A HISTORIAN, HE WON'T TAKE THAT BET, SO DON'T YOU EITHER.

If you support Newt than do so because you like his policies and you think he can win, but don't dare pin all your hopes on a debate, because it probably won't happen.

Obama would love to debate Newt rather than Romney. Romney can manage to stay out of trouble in a debate while Newt is a loose cannon. Putting Newt up in front of millions of Americans is just what Democrats want to see

Newt is an accident waiting to happen....always has been

Newt had a couple decades in the House to prove he was brilliant. And didn't.

Obama would be further ahead if he didn't debate, but the fact that he would notdebate is explosive. He couldn't run away from Newt and be re-elected. He'd be the loser by default.

I'll be the first to say that Obama's advisors are not the brightest, but they aren't that stupid.

Obama would be further ahead if he didn't debate, but the fact that he would notdebate is explosive. He couldn't run away from Newt and be re-elected. He'd be the loser by default.

I'll be the first to say that Obama's advisors are not the brightest, but they aren't that stupid.

A presidential debate has been held in every election since 1976. No presidential candidate is going to "duck" a debate. Especially a gifted debater like Obama.

obama's ego would never permit him to duck a debate. No matter how idiotic he comes across.

What would happen at an Obama - Gingrich campaigns and debates?

Obama could not really rely on his accomplishments. Every time he would try, our historian and current event expert, Gingrich would blow him away. He would exploit Obama's lack of history knowledge and explain why his actions were inappropriate.

Obama would rely on rhetoric and crowd pleasing slogans to get his ball rolling and Newt wouldn't have any part of it. He would call it out for what it is... words, and promises that do him well in the past 3 years.

Gingrich would rely on HIS own accomplishments and Obama will be prepared enough to come back with a three sentence retort, but that wouldn't be enough.. Gingrich, who is ultimately superior in general knowledge, politics and history could reply with concrete answers to deny Obama the win in any discourse. Obama just can't be prepared for the vast knowledge that Newt has.

Obama will try to win on cam[paign ads on infidelity and past mistakes of Newt. Will that be enough?

Gingrich ads will show Obama's promises and mistakes in office. They will be videos of Obama's words coming back to hit him where it hurts.

Obama has a clear win when it comes to funding ads. Gingrich doesn't yet have the funds to match his. Will money speak louder? Can Newt get the financial backing to match the ad competition?

Will discourse at either convention alter the public mind? OWS problem for Obama and unhappiness with Newt in the Republican Convention?

Obama is brillant, Oldstyle: you have trouble with the obvious, which indicates you lack some intelligent insight into matters. Newt is pretty smart, too. If NG gets the nomination, the debates should be very, very good.

Sooo, you ask a question - and then answer it...

Obama is brilliant; he's the incumbent - and he has inside knowledge that Newt isn't privy to...

So, yes, I would expect Obama to win a debate against Newt.

If he's so brilliant why is the country so fucked up? tweedle dee?

"Newt Gingrich is a stupid person's idea of what a smart person sounds like"

Paul Krugman

Forum List

Back