Can Reps modify abortion stance?

That's what we have the legislatures and SCOTUS to do, tinydancer: make those decisions.

So Joke, you are willing to abdicate your PERSONAL responsibility and accept whatever the legislature or SCOTUS says?

And you try to convince us that you're not a SHEEPLE??

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Abortion is a losing issue on a national level for Reps. It's trying to impose moral values on a majority that doesn't want it. It's seeking a political remedy for what is considered a religious issue. 50% of Catholics voted for Obama. Reps seem to be all over the board on the issue while trying to avoid the subject. I think we need a clear, this is what we stand for, message. There are over 1 million abortions in the US every year. We are not outlawing abortion we are moving forward with government sponsored abortion. There is no magic wand to stop abortion, why not use tactics that have a chance of success.

Mostly, because it really isn't about the abortions, it's about women having a say over their own bodies.

If they were really interested in reducing the number of abortions, they'd support family and medical leave, they'd support universal health care, they'd support thorough sex educatin and birth control availability... all the things they oppose now that probably cause abortions when someone has to make that tough choice they didn't want to make.

The trick bag the GOP is right now is no one can win the nomination without embracing their radical position on abortion, and no one can win the election while still supporting it.

Good point, Reps message on the issue is not comprehensive, or well reasoned, more like a patchwork of beliefs tossed together. There's a lot of finger pointing at woman, not a lot of embracing.

I need you to tell me. When do kill it? Give me a date"

I am not pregnant so I don't have to make that decision. I do think it's wrong, and I would hope and pray that mothers, I don't know, will decide to love their baby. So since it's against what you believe is right, you would choose to force others to act on your belief? I have a question for you, where in the world is abortion illegal?

Last edited:
There are times. You guys have seen me say this before.

When a woman is in a bind. Every one hold steady here. She's being beaten half to death on a nightly basis.

No option. Save the living. Abort and sob for the rest of your life.

I understand this. We are not monsters who don't understand. Not at all.

I am not pregnant so I don't have to make that decision. I do think it's wrong, and I would hope and pray that mothers, I don't know, will decide to love their baby. So since it's against what you believe is right, you would choose to force others to act on your belief? I have a question for you, where in the world is abortion illegal?

It's not a matter of legal or illegal.

It's a matter of a life.

I will not judge anyone else. But I'll tell you its a life. But the hurt carries forever.

At about two and a half months it rocks in your tummy. You are going Hey cut it out.

All of a sudden out of the blue its kicking the shit out of you from the inside. Then you go 7 more. Oh really?

We have to have a chat.

Mommy's waiting for you.....:eusa_angel:

Hey, GuyPissedon. I understand that we have "deciders" in a constitutional republic that may do what I don't like. I understand that I accept the decision and work like crazy to get new people to get things right.

Guy, you are a libertarian "bah bah" sheep of the dip shit worst sort.

Live with it, lamb chops. :lol:
That's what we have the legislatures and SCOTUS to do, tinydancer: make those decisions.
So Joke, you are willing to abdicate your PERSONAL responsibility and accept whatever the legislature or SCOTUS says? And you try to convince us that you're not a SHEEPLE??

In Ireland, where a woman, ruptured inside from a pregnancy gone wrong in the 17th week, was permitted to die because abortion is illegal. Last week.

In Ireland, where a woman, ruptured inside from a pregnancy gone wrong in the 17th week, was permitted to die because abortion is illegal. Last week.

I saw that. I cried so hard. It wouldn't have been an abortion.

And she died.

Oh my heart broke. I still dont know what to do. But I will work on something. Oh this was so wrong.

In Ireland, abortions are legal to save the life of the mother. The woman's death was a result of medical misdiagnosis, not restrictive abortion law. Sorry to spoil your little story.

The law has not been changed to permit abortions in such situations. The malpractice for this woman was caused by government refusing to create the legal permission for such decisions, not because of misdiagnosis. jwoodie, you can look it up easily enough on Google.

In Ireland, abortions are legal to save the life of the mother. The woman's death was a result of medical misdiagnosis, not restrictive abortion law. Sorry to spoil your little story.

She was septic.

Now I don't know why. Not at all.

Terrible. This is why our modest request for abortions to be excluded except for rape or incest or life of the mother is reasonable.

However, modern American woman will insist generally that abortion during the first trimester be their option, not the state's or the men.

She was septic.

Thank you so.

They screwed up on how they dealt with her.

I am not going to minimize how they did her. The woman was so beautiful. I've been trying to explain to them it had nothing to do with abortion.

Abortion is a losing issue on a national level for Reps. It's trying to impose moral values on a majority that doesn't want it. It's seeking a political remedy for what is considered a religious issue. 50% of Catholics voted for Obama. Reps seem to be all over the board on the issue while trying to avoid the subject. I think we need a clear, this is what we stand for, message. There are over 1 million abortions in the US every year. We are not outlawing abortion we are moving forward with government sponsored abortion. There is no magic wand to stop abortion, why not use tactics that have a chance of success.

Yada yada frigging yada. "I don't agree with it, therefore I will simply assert, without proof, that NO ONE agrees with it, that disagreeing with me is a losing proposition, that no one wants it, that it MUST be changed, then leap RIGHT over my lack of proof to asking how everyone can just take my word for it and immediately fall into line with my wisdom and brilliance."

Yes, the GOP could probably modify its stance. You have yet to show me any reason why they would WANT to. Oh, I'm sure you view political stances and positions only through the prism of "What will get my party votes and power", but you should probably consider for a moment how utterly repugnant such convenient and subjective "principles" are to anyone with a shred of honor, self-respect, or morality. And yes, you've made it perfectly clear how offensive you find the idea of someone expecting you to be moral. My, doesn't THAT make us want to be just like you! :eusa_hand:

Moral and honest peoples, after reading this below, have no desire to like Cecilie1200, at all.

Yada yada frigging yada. "I don't agree with it, therefore I will simply assert, without proof, that NO ONE agrees with it, that disagreeing with me is a losing proposition, that no one wants it, that it MUST be changed, then leap RIGHT over my lack of proof to asking how everyone can just take my word for it and immediately fall into line with my wisdom and brilliance."

Yes, the GOP could probably modify its stance. You have yet to show me any reason why they would WANT to. Oh, I'm sure you view political stances and positions only through the prism of "What will get my party votes and power", but you should probably consider for a moment how utterly repugnant such convenient and subjective "principles" are to anyone with a shred of honor, self-respect, or morality. And yes, you've made it perfectly clear how offensive you find the idea of someone expecting you to be moral. My, doesn't THAT make us want to be just like you! :eusa_hand:

The case of a woman denied an abortion at an Irish hospital who later died of blood poisoning must prompt the state to loosen its almost total ban on terminations, a member of one of the coalition parties in Dublin has said. // Two investigations – one by Ireland's health executive, the other by the hospital – are now under way into the circumstances of the death of the 31-year-old dentist at University Hospital Galway (UHG) who was denied a medical termination and allegedly told: "This is a Catholic country." Savita Halappanavar's death has highlighted how the ban even can prevent women with life-threatening medical conditions getting an abortion in Irish hospitals. Ireland 'should change abortion law' after woman's death | World news | guardian.co.uk

Terrible. This is why our modest request for abortions to be excluded except for rape or incest or life of the mother is reasonable.

However, modern American woman will insist generally that abortion during the first trimester be their option, not the state's or the men.

She was septic.

Jake it would not have been an abortion.

They misdiagnosed and the woman went septic.

I messaged you, td.

She was septic.

Jake it would not have been an abortion.

They misdiagnosed and the woman went septic.

Forum List

Back