Can Reps modify abortion stance?

Why should I believe in something that isn't true? Do I sound like a Republican?

Considering that YOU are "a total fucking idiot and retarded moron," it would seem you were describing yourself.

Listen up Brain Damage, I'm not the one saying "unrestricted abortion".

When you describe yourself so exactly as "a total fucking idiot and retarded moron," what do you expect people to think?

The so called "abortion stance" of the Republicans and what the left maintains is our "abortion stance" are two different things.

No, considering what is published in the Republican Party Platform, I'm pretty sure Democrats aren't lying. Why should they? Repeating Republican position is bad enough.

I like that joke. -You know Republicans have a problem when someone asks, "Did the 'rape' guy win?" and the answer is "which one?"-

Abortion is a losing issue on a national level for Reps. It's trying to impose moral values on a majority that doesn't want it. It's seeking a political remedy for what is considered a religious issue. 50% of Catholics voted for Obama. Reps seem to be all over the board on the issue while trying to avoid the subject. I think we need a clear, this is what we stand for, message. There are over 1 million abortions in the US every year. We are not outlawing abortion we are moving forward with government sponsored abortion. There is no magic wand to stop abortion, why not use tactics that have a chance of success.

It's trying to impose moral values on a majority that doesn't want it

Who exactly has done the above? Keep in mind that having an opinion is NOT the same as imposing moral values on someone.

It seems strange that the party of no moral values would make an issue of morality. The concept that seems to escape union educated left wingers is that the religious minority doesn't want to chip in to pay for a box of condoms for a sexually adventurous coed who runs out of them every month. Would it be asking too much for democrats to consider requiring a promiscuous babe to finance her own sexual adventures? If the sanctity of human life is too much for the party of no moral values to bear why not make infanticide legal? Why kill them at 7 or 8 or nine months in the womb when you have the technology to kill them up to five years or older? What stops the party of no family values from executing unwanted kids? Moral values? Hmmm.

Abortion is a losing issue on a national level for Reps. It's trying to impose moral values on a majority that doesn't want it. It's seeking a political remedy for what is considered a religious issue. 50% of Catholics voted for Obama. Reps seem to be all over the board on the issue while trying to avoid the subject. I think we need a clear, this is what we stand for, message. There are over 1 million abortions in the US every year. We are not outlawing abortion we are moving forward with government sponsored abortion. There is no magic wand to stop abortion, why not use tactics that have a chance of success.

While I understand the passion of pro-life supporters, they are missing a huge opportunity. If pro-lifers sought legislation at the state level that would limit abortions to the first trimester, except in cases where the mother's life is in danger, can you imagine how much support that type of legislation would receive? The problem is that pro-choice people would have a hard time buying into that not just being a step toward the pro-lifers ultimate goal of making abortion completely illegal. In the end though, you are right; abortion will not be overturned.

It seems strange that the party of no moral values would make an issue of morality. The concept that seems to escape union educated left wingers is that the religious minority doesn't want to chip in to pay for a box of condoms for a sexually adventurous coed who runs out of them every month. Would it be asking too much for democrats to consider requiring a promiscuous babe to finance her own sexual adventures? If the sanctity of human life is too much for the party of no moral values to bear why not make infanticide legal? Why kill them at 7 or 8 or nine months in the womb when you have the technology to kill them up to five years or older? What stops the party of no family values from executing unwanted kids? Moral values? Hmmm.

Not just "no family values." You could argue they are against 'family' itself.

I see no links to or quotes from the alleged Republican Party Platform. Interesting.

Like I said, our alleged "stance" as defined by left wing propagandists has nothing to do with reality.

Media types used to video executions when they were on a crusade to eliminate capital punishment. I guarantee that late term aka partial birth abortion would be outlawed on the spot if a video of the horrific procedure was ever shown in public. The enlightened folks in the legal field determined that a baby isn't legally born if about two inches of it's head is still in the birth canal so it's just like drowning puppies in a legal sense. Oh wait, drowning puppies is illegal. The legal issue libs have been dodging for years is when a premature baby is acknowledged as being human. Barry Obama had a better idea for infanticide when he was Illinois State Senator and partial birth abortion was outlawed. Chicago hospitals would induce premature birth and let the babies die on the table without so much as a blanket to comfort them as they struggled for life. The question remains, when does a premature baby become human in the minds of members of the party of no moral values?

While I understand the passion of pro-life supporters, they are missing a huge opportunity. If pro-lifers sought legislation at the state level that would limit abortions to the first trimester, except in cases where the mother's life is in danger, can you imagine how much support that type of legislation would receive? The problem is that pro-choice people would have a hard time buying into that not just being a step toward the pro-lifers ultimate goal of making abortion completely illegal. In the end though, you are right; abortion will not be overturned.
I agree, completely.

It's already defined: viability outside the womb. States cannot change that which the Supreme Court has established as a woman's right.

When the Supreme Court started fabricating 'rights' out of the 14th Amendment they corrupted the role of the court.

Two thirds of Americans are opposed to abortion in the second trimester. Since about half of all Americans say they are pro-life, and half say they are pro-choice, the two thirds polling number means there is a giant overlap to be found between the pro-life and pro-choice positions.

Where there is a middle ground, there is a compromise to be found. A compromise doe s not automatically mean one has to compromise their principles. But just try getting that across to some of the more extreme people in either camp!

Hoo boy. I have tried.

Half of all abortions are the result of no birth control of any kind being used during the sex act which led to the unwanted pregnancy.

Clearly this is a middle ground we can work on.

The republican majority recognizes that Roe v. Wade is the law of the land regardless of how flawed it is. Most republicans don't have a problem with abortion in the case of rape or incest. Most republicans are against late term abortion and taxpayer funded abortion as well as taxpayer funded condoms for poor coeds who seem to run out of them. Even sleaze ball Bill Clinton offered a political opinion that abortion should be rare. Is that the definition of the word "modify" that you are looking for?

I would say that's close, the important part for me is a message we can speak to the mainstream media about with conviction. If we are complaining because they are bringing up abortion, then we are not there yet. We should be in front of this issue, not getting hit over the head with it. I really don't like to lose ground like we did. I think it's a mistake to look to government to handle our business anyway. There are private market ways to limit abortions, outreach and such. Let's not impose our will on others, and not let others impose their will on us. I bet some that voted Obama don't want to see religious rights swept away. Let me use your words.

Republicans recognizes that Roe v. Wade is the law of the land. We believe a mother in the case of rape or incest has a choice to an abortion or not. Republicans are against late term abortion and taxpayer funded abortion. We believe, like Bill Clinton, that an abortion should be rare.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back