Can Reps modify abortion stance?

The case of a woman denied an abortion at an Irish hospital who later died of blood poisoning must prompt the state to loosen its almost total ban on terminations, a member of one of the coalition parties in Dublin has said. // Two investigations – one by Ireland's health executive, the other by the hospital – are now under way into the circumstances of the death of the 31-year-old dentist at University Hospital Galway (UHG) who was denied a medical termination and allegedly told: "This is a Catholic country." Savita Halappanavar's death has highlighted how the ban even can prevent women with life-threatening medical conditions getting an abortion in Irish hospitals. Ireland 'should change abortion law' after woman's death | World news | guardian.co.uk

Look you have the guardian spin on it. Boy oh boy. Where do I go from here?

Do you know what it is like to go septic? We aren't talking pretty. Only one time in my life. :D

Amen and landed me in a great hospital.

I messaged you, td.

Terrible. This is why our modest request for abortions to be excluded except for rape or incest or life of the mother is reasonable.

However, modern American woman will insist generally that abortion during the first trimester be their option, not the state's or the men.

Jake it would not have been an abortion.

They misdiagnosed and the woman went septic.

Jake just so you know, I am really a stupid board person. I chat, but I I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Abortion is a losing issue on a national level for Reps. It's trying to impose moral values on a majority that doesn't want it. It's seeking a political remedy for what is considered a religious issue. 50% of Catholics voted for Obama. Reps seem to be all over the board on the issue while trying to avoid the subject. I think we need a clear, this is what we stand for, message. There are over 1 million abortions in the US every year. We are not outlawing abortion we are moving forward with government sponsored abortion. There is no magic wand to stop abortion, why not use tactics that have a chance of success.

It’s also seeking a political 'remedy' for what is settled Constitutional case law.

Which affords republicans an easy out:

Republicans simply need to acknowledge the right to privacy limiting government authority – something conservatives should want to do otherwise – and advocate against abortion using their First Amendment right to free expression. End the nonsense concerning ‘ban abortion’ amendments, ‘personhood’ legislation, and ‘legitimate rape,’ and sit back and enjoy young and female voters voting republican again.

Liberal-to-Human Dictionary translation:

Settled Constitutional case law = We like it, so shut the fuck up and accept it.

Controversial case law = We don't like it, no matter WHERE it's written, so we're going to kick and scream and protest until some judge somewhere gives us our way.

Moral and honest peoples, after reading this below, have no desire to like Cecilie1200, at all.

Abortion is a losing issue on a national level for Reps. It's trying to impose moral values on a majority that doesn't want it. It's seeking a political remedy for what is considered a religious issue. 50% of Catholics voted for Obama. Reps seem to be all over the board on the issue while trying to avoid the subject. I think we need a clear, this is what we stand for, message. There are over 1 million abortions in the US every year. We are not outlawing abortion we are moving forward with government sponsored abortion. There is no magic wand to stop abortion, why not use tactics that have a chance of success.

Yada yada frigging yada. "I don't agree with it, therefore I will simply assert, without proof, that NO ONE agrees with it, that disagreeing with me is a losing proposition, that no one wants it, that it MUST be changed, then leap RIGHT over my lack of proof to asking how everyone can just take my word for it and immediately fall into line with my wisdom and brilliance."

Yes, the GOP could probably modify its stance. You have yet to show me any reason why they would WANT to. Oh, I'm sure you view political stances and positions only through the prism of "What will get my party votes and power", but you should probably consider for a moment how utterly repugnant such convenient and subjective "principles" are to anyone with a shred of honor, self-respect, or morality. And yes, you've made it perfectly clear how offensive you find the idea of someone expecting you to be moral. My, doesn't THAT make us want to be just like you! :eusa_hand:

As if YOU have ANY familiarity with morality and honesty...

Guy, I don't fabricate, whereas you?

Moral and honest peoples, after reading this below, have no desire to like Cecilie1200, at all.

Yada yada frigging yada. "I don't agree with it, therefore I will simply assert, without proof, that NO ONE agrees with it, that disagreeing with me is a losing proposition, that no one wants it, that it MUST be changed, then leap RIGHT over my lack of proof to asking how everyone can just take my word for it and immediately fall into line with my wisdom and brilliance."

Yes, the GOP could probably modify its stance. You have yet to show me any reason why they would WANT to. Oh, I'm sure you view political stances and positions only through the prism of "What will get my party votes and power", but you should probably consider for a moment how utterly repugnant such convenient and subjective "principles" are to anyone with a shred of honor, self-respect, or morality. And yes, you've made it perfectly clear how offensive you find the idea of someone expecting you to be moral. My, doesn't THAT make us want to be just like you! :eusa_hand:

NO? You fabricate political positions ALL the time, it's something we've all become accustomed to with you.

Whereas me, please point out anything I've written here in the last year that would qualify as a lie.

I'll wait...

You made the accusation, so you can point out where I fabricated. I can wait until you do it again, because you will, and probably within a day or two.

You are a witless child. No one of worth believes your lies.

NO? You fabricate political positions ALL the time, it's something we've all become accustomed to with you.

Whereas me, please point out anything I've written here in the last year that would qualify as a lie.

I'll wait...

Media types used to video executions when they were on a crusade to eliminate capital punishment. I guarantee that late term aka partial birth abortion would be outlawed on the spot if a video of the horrific procedure was ever shown in public. The enlightened folks in the legal field determined that a baby isn't legally born if about two inches of it's head is still in the birth canal so it's just like drowning puppies in a legal sense. Oh wait, drowning puppies is illegal. The legal issue libs have been dodging for years is when a premature baby is acknowledged as being human. Barry Obama had a better idea for infanticide when he was Illinois State Senator and partial birth abortion was outlawed. Chicago hospitals would induce premature birth and let the babies die on the table without so much as a blanket to comfort them as they struggled for life. The question remains, when does a premature baby become human in the minds of members of the party of no moral values?

And the answer is: When they want them to be.

You made the accusation, so you can point out where I fabricated. I can wait until you do it again, because you will, and probably within a day or two.

I'll wait...

Oooohh... Name-calling from the Joke, I'm CRUSHED!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cecilia1200 is against all abortion, thus is completely out of step with American womanhood.

No fetus should ever threaten a mother in cases of rape, abortion, and her life.

Go ahead, Pissistrata, and show us where I have lied.

Oh, you can't. OK. :lol: There is the lie I told you that you lied.

I'll wait...

No. It's their bread-and-butter get out the vote issue. Talk it up ad nasseum during the campaign ... and then crickets chirpping until next election cycle.

Seems they were more interested in abortion,birth control,same sex marriage.
Didn't seem to care a bit about the economy,poverty,the debt.

Yes they campaigned hard on it, labeled it a war on woman, and single woman bought into it. We on the other hand dismissed it as a none issue because we thought the economy was all that mattered. We used the same old default message, and charged the Dems were just trying to change the subject from the economy. It didn't work out well.

The economy was all that SHOULD have mattered, but that turned out to be massively overestimating the intelligence of depressingly large segments of the public.

Ceci and so many on the far right is waging war on women if she refuses to recognize their concerns.

This will change in the GOP.

Actually, it's in their job description.

It most certainly is not.

Gotcha. What is their job, if not ruling on cases before them, limited only by their interpretations of the Constitution?

Maybe pick up litter on the Capitol Mall, or park Legislative Members cars in the Capitol Hill garage?

Whadaya think my Con-Law scholarly friend?

Well, I'll tell you what, Sparkles. Here's the text of the US Constitution.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Why don't you read it and see if you can figure out what the Supreme Court's job is? (Hint: It's found in Article 3.)

If you find that "creating rights" thing you said was there, please feel free to quote it for us.

Joke, you lie EVERY TIME you call yourself a Republican, and each and every member of this board KNOWS it's a lie.

You're a fucking lying bitch.

Conservatives give more to charity through churches and other organizations to feed the poor. You live in the world of make believe claiming if a baby isn't killed by its mother via abortion, then the GOP will just kill it via starvation.

Liberal scum like you do support the reality of killing unborn babies.

Republicans believe in "Feed the poor and they will breed". See? For the right wing, "starvation" is a "natural form of birth control".

I only repeat what Republicans say.

Besides, this is what liberals believe:

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

What Liberals REALLY believe:

Give a man a fish per day, you can count on his vote on election day.

There is your second lie within 30 minutes. :lol:

Joke, you lie EVERY TIME you call yourself a Republican, and each and every member of this board KNOWS it's a lie.

Joke, you posted all the things you wanted to 'change' about the Republican Party, and we all saw that you were in agreement with the Democrats on each of those issues. You're a Democrat to the bone and we all KNOW it.

You have failed in your mission here, Joke. Go troll elsewhere, your sheet has been removed.

Forum List

Back