Can A President Tell The Supreme Court How To Decide Cases?

Get real. When it comes to The Supremes, a president can urge in one hand and take a dump in the other and see which one fills up first. The only way a president can really influence the court is by being in the presidency when Supremes die or retire (or have the party in power of the Senate refuse to hear any nominees for a year before the election from a president they don't like), so they can pick nominees that have consistently ruled in accordance with what the president picking them wants to see happen, and have party control of the Senate to force them through.
I have three words you lefties like to use a lot--Elections have consequences. You didn't have the power to place your nominee on the court so just STFU--the liberal whining is getting old.

The underlying issue here is Biden wants the Court to rule on something they already ruled on. It's really that stupid, all the while there is no action on this in the lower courts, making Biden look like an even bigger idiot. This whole thing is just liberal whining on a grand scale. Pathetic.

I was under the impression that the reason that Trump was in such a hurry to enpanel A. Barrett before Gingsberg was even cold is because he believed or was led to believe that she was help shoe him into the presidency in the event he didn't have enough votes (much like they did for Bush alluding him to defeat Gore and the Democrats). He was in such disbelief and so angry that things didn't go his way as if him losing was not ever even a possibility.
That's settled logic.
No rational person thinks this way from my experiences.
You're ambiguous on what he was irrational about, but I guess we can assume you mean his anger?
Also yhe judges 'legally' are not allowed to be biased or even have the appearance of being biased although I can't remember which rule this is nor am I able to look it up at the moment. Also the Supreme doesn't exactly make rulings, it interprets (clarifies) the Constitution.
Too many people don't understand that the 'law' can and must be changed to suit the country's situation. That's no less true in a Capitalist democracy than it is in a communist or fascist regime.

That's settled logic.

You're ambiguous on what he was irrational about, but I guess we can assume you mean his anger?

Too many people don't understand that the 'law' can and must be changed to suit the country's situation. That's no less true in a Capitalist democracy than it is in a communist or fascist regime.
The US has a Constitution that needs to be followed, and if necessary changed through the amendment process. What you imply is third world banana republic nonsense, of changing laws to suit the whining of the mob.

That's settled logic.

The US is a constitutional republic duck. Stay in Canada.
Madison realised the problems that plagued direct democracies and instead sought to establish a Constitutional Republic. In a Constitutional Republic, rather than the legal power of the government stemming from the people, it is instead derived from the Constitution itself. The term Constitutional Republic can be clearly understood when analysing each word separately. The “Constitutional” aspect of the Republic means that the Constitution is the supreme law of the United States while the term “Republic” means that the power of the government is held by the people but is exercised by elected representatives. This differentiation in power helps to protect the Republic from being subject to “mob rule”, as originally described by Plato. This difference makes it so that, although by definition the United States is a democracy, every vote is not always equal. In Presidential elections, this inequality is addressed in the Electoral College where states gain a specified number of votes based on their census. The Electoral College allows for votes throughout the country to matter, rather than being reliant upon a small number of urban centers.

The US has a Constitution that needs to be followed, and if necessary changed through the amendment process. What you imply is third world banana republic nonsense, of changing laws to suit the whining of the mob.
I've finally learned that it's not smart to debate the facts with a lot of you people. I was slow on the uptake. Just like a leftie librul!

Value your privilege like CA does.

I'm wondering why Biden thinks he can tell the Supreme Court how to decide a case. Why would Biden even "urge" the Supreme Court how to decide his way unless he thinks he has some kind of power or influence over it? I'm fine with a president asking the Supreme Court to make a decision on a matter but not to "urge" the court to make a particular decision, one way or another. The justices should make their decisions based on the law, not based on what someone tells them how to decide a case, even the president.
Biden is hardly the first president to do so. It doesn't mean they are obligated to take his opinion into consideration.

He lives in a third world banana republic ruled over by King Trudeau--Canada. He doesn't know any better.

I've finally learned that it's not smart to debate the facts with a lot of you people. I was slow on the uptake. Just like a leftie librul!

Value your privilege.
We have rights, you third world quacks have government sanctioned privileges. Since you seem too dull to comprehend that, you should stay out of US domestic affairs. Unless of course you enjoy flaunting your ignorance and idiocy.

We have rights, you third world quacks have government sanctioned privileges. Since you seem too dull to comprehend that, you should stay out of US domestic affairs. Unless of course you enjoy flaunting your ignorance and idiocy.
Based on that, shouldn't you be encouraging me to post more?

Why yes, you should!

Based on that, shouldn't you be encouraging me to post more?

Why yes, you should!
Hardly, your abject failure to understand the basics of the American system of government only reinforces anti-foreign sentiment. That in turn creates undue and the unnecessary spread of even more stupidity in world already awash in third world ignorance.

It's always like that dude. Most of you are way older than me and seem to have not spotted the trend here. Partisans from both sides are blatant hypocrites on a regular basis. It never stops. It just goes round and round and round.
Only trouble is a lot of youngies think that Bernie is the answer. He's not.

Get real. When it comes to The Supremes, a president can urge in one hand and take a dump in the other and see which one fills up first. The only way a president can really influence the court is by being in the presidency when Supremes die or retire (or have the party in power of the Senate refuse to hear any nominees for a year before the election from a president they don't like), so they can pick nominees that have consistently ruled in accordance with what the president picking them wants to see happen, and have party control of the Senate to force them through.
I understand that. But, I'm wondering why Biden thought he could persuade them to his way.

Forum List

Back