Can A President Tell The Supreme Court How To Decide Cases?

Urge - Please do this

Tell - Do what I say

I guess you see no difference
I don't think the left sees the difference. When Trump tries to influence the Court's decisions the left attack him. When Biden does it, the left think it is just fine.

Only trouble is a lot of youngies think that Bernie is the answer. He's not.
Bernie is an ideologue. I think he has a good heart but that he's not very pragmatic or a good politician in general. It's like if Mr. Rogers had tried to do politics.

Biden is hardly the first president to do so. It doesn't mean they are obligated to take his opinion into consideration.
But, the point is, the left attacked Trump for trying to influence the Court and give Biden a free pass for the very same thing. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Why do you despise people making posts 'with' trump in them?
He keeps himself in the news.

If trump would STFU and go away, until then, he is fair game. Got it.
If YOU guys quit talking about Trump and giving him credence, Trump would go away. YOU keep Trump in the news.

I'm wondering why Biden thinks he can tell the Supreme Court how to decide a case. Why would Biden even "urge" the Supreme Court how to decide his way unless he thinks he has some kind of power or influence over it? I'm fine with a president asking the Supreme Court to make a decision on a matter but not to "urge" the court to make a particular decision, one way or another. The justices should make their decisions based on the law, not based on what someone tells them how to decide a case, even the president.

Nope, we are supposed to have a separation of powers thing here, not sure it's that way anymore.

The US has a Constitution that needs to be followed, and if necessary changed through the amendment process. What you imply is third world banana republic nonsense, of changing laws to suit the whining of the mob.
Exactly.

1640994476482.png

Eff this old man.

Why not? Worth a shot to make your desires known. Certainly not against any laws.
When Trump tried to influence the Court, all hell broke loose with the lefties, claiming all kinds of crap. Silence from the left now.

When Trump tried to influence the Court, all hell broke loose with the lefties, claiming all kinds of crap. Silence from the left now.
Remind me of the story, so I can look it up. What did the asshole do to the court besides stack the court?

I'm wondering why Biden thinks he can tell the Supreme Court how to decide a case. Why would Biden even "urge" the Supreme Court how to decide his way unless he thinks he has some kind of power or influence over it? I'm fine with a president asking the Supreme Court to make a decision on a matter but not to "urge" the court to make a particular decision, one way or another. The justices should make their decisions based on the law, not based on what someone tells them how to decide a case, even the president.

Can A President Tell The Supreme Court How To Decide Cases?​

No. But he can try.

Of course, this is only an ‘issue’ for conservatives when a Democrat is in the WH.

Otherwise, conservatives have no problem with a Republican tyrant as president exhibiting his contempt and disdain for the rule of law.

Forum List

Back