California Minimum-Wage Earners Work 19 Hours-A-Day, 7 Days-A-Week To Afford Rent

Send half the population of LA back to Mexico and there will be plenty of job openings and with less people around, the wages offered will have to increase. Simultaneously, with so many vacanies now open, apartment prices will drop. Win-Win - higher wages and lower rents. Sad for democrats though - no Mexicans to vote in US elections.

Do you really think Illegals are going to risk getting caught by voting? Or others not eligible to vote such as felons for that matter. This is a lie republicans use constantly, but they can't come up with any numbers to prove it and neither can you I will bet.

If I'm a liberal, why is it that on a recent test, I only agreed with Dimbocraps 23% of the time?

why not tell us what aspect of Democratism you find acceptable?

It's been so long since I took the test I can't remember. That's what happens when you get to be my age.

yes its hard to justify more and more liberal welfare when it hasn't worked for 100 years and only created the need for more and more welfare and less and less work!!

Liberal welfare bailed out the country as well as those in power, during the depression. What FDR did was probably prevent a revolution.

If I'm a liberal, why is it that on a recent test, I only agreed with Dimbocraps 23% of the time?

why not tell us what aspect of Democratism you find acceptable?

It's been so long since I took the test I can't remember. That's what happens when you get to be my age.

yes its hard to justify more and more liberal welfare when it hasn't worked for 100 years and only created the need for more and more welfare and less and less work!!

Liberal welfare bailed out the country as well as those in power, during the depression. What FDR did was probably prevent a revolution.

Liberal welfare extended the Depression ten years longer than it needed to last.

At one time a single wage earner could buy a house, car and send kids to college. In 1969 one could buy a decent house in CA for under $30,000.

The small business owners work 20 hours a day and 7 days a week to keep their businesses running. Forcing them to pay workers more would put them out of business and everybody would be on the street. Is that what the radical left wants?

Maybe MOVE out of California for starters. People act like they can't do anything for themselves anymore. Or look for roommates. Or get another job. what do they want? someone to lead them to a better life

Yes.
Everyone seems to want someone else to pull them out of their own mess.
Get a good attitude, then get a job.

Republicans feel the very easy solution is to abolish the minimum wage and end benefits. It's called "Prosperity through lower wages".

The small business owners work 20 hours a day and 7 days a week to keep their businesses running. Forcing them to pay workers more would put them out of business and everybody would be on the street. Is that what the radical left wants?

Commonly, yes.
The lazy left wing idiots always blame capitalists (read - hard working people) for the ills of the lazy.
Those who work hard to open and run a business should be rewarded by lower taxes, reflecting their hard work.

In fact - you could totally reform the income tax system.
The more hours you work, the less percentage tax you pay.
Risks you take and the number of people you employ could also reduce your tax rates.

Well fuck, if you have to work 140 hours a week to keep your business going you suck as a business owner.

Maybe MOVE out of California for starters. People act like they can't do anything for themselves anymore. Or look for roommates. Or get another job. what do they want? someone to lead them to a better life

they cant do anything for themselves anymore

they have been conditioned to believe that

look at those folks after that hurricane out east passed though

the "peoples" had been so ill prepared and relied on the government

that they had to be supplied with matches by the feds

to start a fire to stay warm something so basic

what a bunch of assholes

to be so dependent

So long as Americans allow corporations to control their workers, outsource, and pretty much manage the congress, a fair wage is not going to happen. The destruction of unions has destroyed any power a worker ever had. You are all serfs now, time you faced it.

American Made US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

"With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed"
Clarence Darrow

Well fuck, if you have to work 140 hours a week to keep your business going you suck as a business owner.

20 hour days are hardly normal, but a few a month are hardly uncommon when running a small business.
That's what the left don't get, to run a business takes a lot of hard work and loads of risk.
That's why the unions should have no say in the business, and why the workers deserve only what they can add to the company, not expecting a high salary for next to nothing.

So long as Americans allow corporations to control their workers, outsource, and pretty much manage the congress, a fair wage is not going to happen. The destruction of unions has destroyed any power a worker ever had. You are all serfs now, time you faced it.

"With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed"
Clarence Darrow

Just LOOK at France and see who the serfs are. If a UNION want to paralyze a city and the people in it, THEY DO it without one thought of the people living there. the Unions here are whining because the people hasn't given them COMPLETE POWER over their lives. stand up for FREEDOM folks to make your own life

Clarence Darrow

yes, like drive 30 million jobs and our manufacturing base offshore!! Liberalism obviouslys based in pure ignorance!

The destruction of unions has destroyed any power a worker ever had.

100% stupid and perfectly liberal. Under Republican capitalism the consumer has the power to force the company to make the best products in the world and the power to force the company to provide the best jobs in the world.

A child can grasp the concept but not a liberal,

yes, like drive 30 million jobs and our manufacturing base offshore!! Liberalism obviouslys based in pure ignorance!

Edward, with each passing post you appear dumber and dumber? Are you trying to be dumb or are you a corporate troll or bot? I realize if the latter another off the wall, anti-American response will be forthcoming from this ID. If you're real, try not to be a foreign business cheerleader, check the pieces below.

For the interested reader, all cars, except in the US south and maybe China, are made in unions. Check it out sometime. And concerning quality our Buicks are rated tops. Even our Pontiacs which were given to family and friends are still on the road.

Employers theft from Worker Wages 3 times more than all other Theft in US Informed Comment

And a piece on German union workers - Edward appears to be part of the race to the bottom, is he a paid troll or is he simply un-American?

"In 2010, Germany produced more than 5.5 million automobiles; the U.S produced 2.7 million. At the same time, the average auto worker in Germany made $67.14 per hour in salary in benefits; the average one in the U.S. made $33.77 per hour. Yet Germany’s big three car companies—BMW, Daimler (Mercedes-Benz ), and Volkswagen—are very profitable.

How can that be? The question is explored in a new article from Remapping Debate, a public policy e-journal. Its author, Kevin C. Brown, writes that "the salient difference is that, in Germany, the automakers operate within an environment that precludes a race to the bottom; in the U.S., they operate within an environment that encourages such a race.""

How Germany Builds Twice As Many Cars As The U.S. While Paying Its Workers Twice As Much - Forbes

Forum List

Back