Why America’s Workers Need Faster Wage Growth—And What We Can Do About It

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
Is anymore evidence needed that Republicans need to be voted out?

Is there a Republican in the White House? How about in control of the Senate?

More importantly; since when is it the Government's job to ensure the prosperity of workers? I've looked many times and can't find that section in the US Constitution.

Is there a Republican in the White House? How about in control of the Senate?

No there isn't a Republican in the White House. The last time there was we had the worst financial crisis in history.

The Democrats don't have a true majority in the Senate. One party needs 60 votes in the Senate to have a true majority. You should read the Constitution. The ONLY true majority is the Republican controlled House.

More importantly; since when is it the Government's job to ensure the prosperity of workers? I've looked many times and can't find that section in the US Constitution.

In the United States Declaration of Independence there is a line: "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Wouldn't 'prosperity of workers' be included? Jefferson included it in both versions, I believe he thought it was important.

No there isn't a Republican in the White House. The last time there was we had the worst financial crisis in history.

The Democrats don't have a true majority in the Senate. One party needs 60 votes in the Senate to have a true majority. You should read the Constitution. The ONLY true majority is the Republican controlled House.

Republicans aren't the answer. Democrats aren't the answer. AMERICANS are the answer. The problem is that there are damn few of us left in this country.

In the United States Declaration of Independence there is a line: "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." Wouldn't 'prosperity of workers' be included? Jefferson included it in both versions, I believe he thought it was important.

PURSUIT. There us no guarantee that happiness will be found. You are free to pursue it but the Government does not exist to ensure you GET happiness.

The last year has been a poor one for American workers’ wages. Comparing the first half of 2014 with the first half of 2013, real (inflation-adjusted) hourly wages fell for workers in nearly every decile—even for those with a bachelor’s or advanced degree.

Why America s Workers Need Faster Wage Growth And What We Can Do About It Economic Policy Institute

When the left wing uses terms like "American workers" it sounds like the same old Marxist crap we have been hearing from the radical left for half a century. The median income for the middle class dropped 8% since Barry Hussein was elected. How long will the left be able to blame Bush?

The last year has been a poor one for American workers’ wages. Comparing the first half of 2014 with the first half of 2013, real (inflation-adjusted) hourly wages fell for workers in nearly every decile—even for those with a bachelor’s or advanced degree.

Why America s Workers Need Faster Wage Growth And What We Can Do About It Economic Policy Institute

I clicked your link and started reading it, even though I knew it was from the shills at EPI. Then I skimmed down to recommendations. Then I searched for "immigration" to take me to the section of the report which analyzed the influence of increasing labor supply in the labor market and not one single mention of immigration or increased labor supply.

If "analysts" can't honestly address a problem, how on Earth do you believe that they can propose solutions to the problem? This is like going to your physician and being informed that you have lung cancer and both you and the physician are smoking cigarettes during the exam and the physician never utters a word about your smoking and tells you he can't figure out why you have lung cancer.

I went in knowing that EPI are shills, they don't honestly analyze the problem and their predicted solution is more unions. Hey, I tried to meet them half-way.

Republicans aren't the answer. Democrats aren't the answer. AMERICANS are the answer. The problem is that there are damn few of us left in this country.

We know for fact Republicans aren't the answer. Since Democrats haven't had a true majority in Congress since the late 70's, how can you state that Democrats aren't the answer either?

I don't believe that there are 'few of us left in this country', I believe that there are billions, but some haven't figured it out yet.

PURSUIT. There us no guarantee that happiness will be found. You are free to pursue it but the Government does not exist to ensure you GET happiness.

With the failure of voters in voting for Republicans, for tens of millions of Americans the pursuit is over, or is much harder to obtain. A fundamental right nixed by one political party.

Wonder whats causing all the inflation? Couldnt be govt policies could it.......

Look at the price of an F350 in 1970 vs today and you'll have your answer.

Look at the price of a Big Mac in 1970 vs today and you'll have your answer.

Look at the buying power of the American worker 1970 vs today and you'll have your answer.

I clicked your link and started reading it, even though I knew it was from the shills at EPI. Then I skimmed down to recommendations. Then I searched for "immigration" to take me to the section of the report which analyzed the influence of increasing labor supply in the labor market and not one single mention of immigration or increased labor supply.

If "analysts" can't honestly address a problem, how on Earth do you believe that they can propose solutions to the problem? This is like going to your physician and being informed that you have lung cancer and both you and the physician are smoking cigarettes during the exam and the physician never utters a word about your smoking and tells you he can't figure out why you have lung cancer.

I went in knowing that EPI are shills, they don't honestly analyze the problem and their predicted solution is more unions. Hey, I tried to meet them half-way.

So you haven't any analogies, but attack the analogies of others.

So you haven't any analogies, but attack the analogies of others.

You don't want to engage with my point? Fine, but why post nonsense like the above, just ignore my point and remain silent.

Wonder whats causing all the inflation? Couldnt be govt policies could it.......

Look at the price of an F350 in 1970 vs today and you'll have your answer.

Look at the price of a Big Mac in 1970 vs today and you'll have your answer.

Look at the buying power of the American worker 1970 vs today and you'll have your answer.

Govt is causing it....without addressing that you arent fixing anything

When the left wing uses terms like "American workers" it sounds like the same old Marxist crap we have been hearing from the radical left for half a century. The median income for the middle class dropped 8% since Barry Hussein was elected. How long will the left be able to blame Bush?

When the term 'American Worker' is mentioned, you immediately think 'Marxism?' Interesting.

You don't want to engage with my point? Fine, but why post nonsense like the above, just ignore my point and remain silent.

The problem is you don't have a point. You bloviate about illegal aliens, but have absolutely no back up for your bloviating. Question: Do you know of an illegal alien being employed?

The problem is you don't have a point. You bloviate about illegal aliens, but have absolutely no back up for your bloviating. Question: Do you know of an illegal alien being employed?

I know of illegal infiltrators being employed and I also know of legal immigrants being employed. Both work to ADD to domestic labor supply. Are you going to argue that they don't? If so, make your case.

I know of illegal infiltrators being employed and I also know of legal immigrants being employed. Both work to ADD to domestic labor supply. Are you going to argue that they don't? If so, make your case.

If you know of the 'illegal infiltrators', did you call authorities and report the employer?

I have an interesting FIRST HAND story about legal immigrants.

The company I Angel Invest is growing tremendously and they have a need to hire two additional Engineers. The head hunters did their job and narrowed the search to ten. Eight of the ten are foreign. Attending the interviews, I asked the same question to the eight; Given what you know about the US education system, how does the system in your country differ from the US. All eight told me that their countries push for all of their citizens to be educated, while it seems that the US pushes for corporate profits using education funds.

How does your Republican school voucher program sound now?

If you know of the 'illegal infiltrators', did you call authorities and report the employer?

Yes, I did call authorities. I'm also the guy who calls the cops on the infiltrators standing around Home Depot looking for work. I'm the guy who sent bricks to my Congressman, by FedEx one time.

I have an interesting FIRST HAND story about legal immigrants.

The company I Angel Invest is growing tremendously and they have a need to hire two additional Engineers. The head hunters did their job and narrowed the search to ten. Eight of the ten are foreign. Attending the interviews, I asked the same question to the eight; Given what you know about the US education system, how does the system in your country differ from the US. All eight told me that their countries push for all of their citizens to be educated, while it seems that the US pushes for corporate profits using education funds.

Doesn't ring true to me. Using a job interview to seek confirmation bias on your fruity liberal ideas is something that sound like it comes from the fevered imagination of a liberal, not from someone who is putting money on the line to launch a company.

Here are the flaws with your scenario.

1.) What does it matter what a FOREIGN engineer thinks of the US system seeing how they weren't educated in the US system. Do you similarly ask your maid (because you're a rich guy, right) for advice on which stocks you should buy?

2.) What a remarkable coincidence that ALL eight engineers had the identical answer, an answer which is so uncommon in the US and only held by a few fringe leftists.

3.) The answer given is offensive in a private, PROFIT-MAKING, enterprise in that it signals that there is something wrong with making profits. The politically safer answer is to focus on speaking about outcomes and such, but no, ALL EIGHT gave you the same politically loaded answer.

How does your Republican school voucher program sound now?

Sounds fine, thanks for asking. Oh, did you mean to use your fevered imagined story as the basis for a refutation of an argument that was never presented? Regardless, I'm touched that you care so much about my opinion. Thanks muchly, sweet kisses to you.

The decline began with Ronald Reagan's "Trickle Down" Supply Side economics, It continued through the Clinton Administration and reached the crisis level during the Bush years.

What is needed to reverse this trend is a resurgence of the union movement and a purge of legislators who serve the interests of the 99%.

Forum List

Back