It is time for a UBI to a minimum for all of our people

Exactly, we could tax the corporation that get all the resources to fund the little guy. A cycle that could work. I disagree that anyone needs to work. It should be a choice but not forced.

How much money do you think corporations have anyway, enough to support the entire country?

• Lets make wage slavery just to eat and to live with any standards or self respect a thing of the past
    The goal is to 1. Set up basic needs like food, housing and goods to be done by a.i and robotics(as in supply), and 2. a basic income to control demand. We need to head towards a star trek like future where no one has to work to eat and enjoy their life. They can focus on their own happiness.

Sitting on your worthless ass all day is not happiness.

I'll admit that there's a lot to think about but at the very least I don't believe people belong on the side of the street or freezing in the rain. Can we all agree?

Yes, but charity starts at home. Get your lazy ass to get a job and use residual income to donate to one of the thousands of charities setup for people that live on the street. If you want to do anything, start there.

Yep, you want everyone to slave like a ****** for their betters until they drop dead. What a sad concept of life.

That's the way it's done. Nobody ever promised you a rose garden when you were born. If you want to eat you have to work for it. You have to go to the store. You have to prepare meals and actually cook them, or is that slavery too?

The more dependency on government, the less freedom you have.

It is time for a UBI that allows for a basement/minimum standard of living for all of our people. No one should be hungry and no one should be forced to live on the street based on their ability to work. I believe this is the ethical and moral thing to do as an society and it is what Jesus. I know people that can't work because they're sick, on oxygen or any number of reasons and it is pure cruelty to expect work. It is wage slavery! It probably one of the cruest things that too many expect out of people that simply can't.

Laws should also be placed on production and rent to make sure that the producers and suppliers can't attempt to put people on the street or make food far too costly to eat. We should make damn sure this minimum is held and set at the avg for any given area to assure rent + food.

I'll go as far as to suggest if one wants to live very poorly then they can live that way and follow their hobbies. Society shouldn't be against such people. Maybe such people could invent something and become rich? That rich person then would pay taxes and pay it back. Maybe such people could instead get a better education and choose one day to get a higher paying job? Paying more taxes and paying it back! Maybe such people would have a higher quality of life without stress and that is an ethical right position.
InternetTroll-M.jpg

It is time for a UBI that allows for a basement/minimum standard of living for all of our people. No one should be hungry and no one should be forced to live on the street based on their ability to work.
Thank G-d and my parents I am provided for. I do have disability and inability to work. Thank you for supporting people who are disabled.

I'll admit that there's a lot to think about but at the very least I don't believe people belong on the side of the street or freezing in the rain. Can we all agree?
Agree 100%.

I am Jewish. Jewish communities have supported their poor people for millennia.

Paradoxically, many Conservatives are much further from Tanakh (Old Testament) on this issue then Liberals.

Yep, you want everyone to slave like a ****** for their betters until they drop dead. What a sad concept of life.
Havent you heard?

The poor in America are dying of obesity not starvation

Bleeding heart libs are killing people with kindness

Thank G-d and my parents I am provided for. I do have disability and inability to work. Thank you for supporting people who are disabled.

He's not talking about people that are disabled. He's talking about everybody getting a government handout disabled or not. Our country already takes care of those that are truly disabled and nobody is against that.

Our inflation was partly caused because we can't find people that want to work any longer. Create more of those people and things would be even worse today. Studies have shown that people who take full advantage of all our social programs can live just as good if not better than the working. I have section 8 people living right next door to me. How did they get into the suburbs not working? I think that's a little bit unfair to those that did work to get here. Not only are they living with us, but destroying everything we created at the same time lowering our property values.

Forum List

Back