It is time for a UBI to a minimum for all of our people

I'll admit that there's a lot to think about but at the very least I don't believe people belong on the side of the street or freezing in the rain. Can we all agree?
If they are perfectly healthy, and perfectly fine, and every opportunity that they get, they turn down, and don't want to work?

Why not? :dunno:

Are you saying they have the right to rob people if they don't wan to work? :eusa_think:

If they are perfectly healthy, and perfectly fine, and every opportunity that they get, they turn down, and don't want to work?

Why not? :dunno:

Are you saying they have the right to rob people if they don't wan to work? :eusa_think:
I believe there will always be jobs and the ability to innovate. People if they wish to work should be able to become wealthy and to work to their hearts content. I am just saying that no one should have to suffer or be on the side of the street.

Laws should also be placed on production and rent to make sure that the producers and suppliers can't attempt to put people on the street or make food far too costly to eat. We should make damn sure this minimum is held and set at the avg for any given area to assure rent + food.

I'll go as far as to suggest if one wants to live very poorly then they can live that way and follow their hobbies. Society shouldn't be against such people. Maybe such people could invent something and become rich? That rich person then would pay taxes and pay it back. Maybe such people could instead get a better education and choose one day to get a higher paying job? Paying more taxes and paying it back! Maybe such people would have a higher quality of life without stress and that is an ethical right position.

That's what Karl Marx said. Turned out real well for the Soviet Union, didn't it.

I believe there will always be jobs and the ability to innovate. People if they wish to work should be able to become wealthy and to work to their hearts content. I am just saying that no one should have to suffer or be on the side of the street.
So you think the people that do work should pay for all you people who don't? And you think you should have an equal say through voting as those who actually contribute?

That's what Karl Marx said. Turned out real well for the Soviet Union, didn't it.
The problem with the Soviet union is it relied on workers that were human to do the production. It wasn't efficient and so it didn't work as humans expect something and so the state had to use force. This is why A.i and robots are probably the solution and I am not saying that one shouldn't be able to work and have the ability to function in a capitalic way. I am saying that we should use this tech to set a minimum.

So you think the people that do work should pay for all you people who don't? And you think you should have an equal say through voting as those who actually contribute?
Maybe at the store with the price of the good, but in general their will probably be no more taxes then now. We're talking about machines and once they're in place they will be able to work for decades on end, so most of the resources will come out of corporate resources.

Maybe at the store with the price of the good, but in general their will probably be no more taxes then now. We're talking about machines and once they're in place they will be able to work for decades on end, so most of the resources will come out of corporate resources.
Maybe we can use foodstamps and UBI stamps depending on rather it is food or not. UBI stamps can be for machine or robotic produced goods and can be done the same way as foodstamps.

The problem with the Soviet union is it relied on workers that were human to do the production. It wasn't efficient and so it didn't work as humans expect something and so the state had to use force. This is why A.i and robots are probably the solution and I am not saying that one shouldn't be able to work and have the ability to function in a capitalic way. I am saying that we should use this tech to set a minimum.

You will never have a fair society because people are inherently flawed. Some will never pull their own weight and most everyone expects to be compensated fairly for their efforts and are not going to acquiesce to wealth redistribution at the level needed to do what you suggest. It's been tried repeatedly throughout history and has never succeeded.

Are the Robots and A.I. going to pay income tax? Asking for a laid off worker.

I am just saying that no one should have to suffer or be on the side of the street.
If folks are too old to work, or if they are mentally ill, or have some disability that the social security administration, in consultation with medical professionals, has determined, that they are no longer able to be gainfully employed, I do see your point, yes, of course. No one in our nation does have to be on the street. We have laws to make sure this does not happen.

On the other hand. If you are perfectly healthy? If you are able to work? There is no reason you should not.

My grandmother, just after World War II, had to deal with an alcoholic husband, who one night, held a shot gun to her face. That was the final straw. She got permission from the village priest, (in those days, you really had to consult with the priest, it was not O.K. to get a divorce unless the Catholic Church said it was,) and kicked his ass to the curb.

She was one of only a few single mothers in that farming village. In those days, folks just didn't do single motherhood. She worked three jobs, raising three children. Why? Because that is what you did when you are perfectly healthy. In this nation, the government and the community does not take care of you if you can work. And her, and that side of the family, tend to be liberal.

If folks are healthy, and they don't want to suffer, or be on the side of the street? The solution is simple, get a job. If they have a chronic, debilitating illness or disability in the eyes of the government? I suggest a lawyer, the Social Security Administration is not a place a person would want to navigate alone. If you have a case, they will tell you.

. . . and as far as AI and Robotics? It is still a decade away or more before we can talk about it being pervasive enough for you to plan on it for UBI.

Last edited:
Are the Robots and A.I. going to pay income tax? Asking for a laid off worker.
I think Musk said something about a value added tax, and Gates commented on this as well. . .

But he foresees putting those replaced workers to use, working someplace else? :dunno:

iu

:auiqs.jpg:

I think Musk said something about a value added tax, and Gates commented on this as well. . .

But he foresees putting those replaced workers to use, working someplace else? :dunno:

iu

:auiqs.jpg:

Exactly, we could tax the corporation that get all the resources to fund the little guy. A cycle that could work. I disagree that anyone needs to work. It should be a choice but not forced.

I disagree that anyone needs to work. It should be a choice but not forced.
Oh, you have a choice.

Work and be housed, clothed and fed, or don't work, get hooked on drugs, make poor life choices, and live like this. . . .

iu

Just don't expect the government or the community to take care of you, and give you free shit, if you are perfectly able to earn it yourself.

For the destitute that are too sick to work, too disabled, and have no long term prospects of getting better, the social security administration has programs to make sure they will not live on the streets.

For any other able bodied person in our society, no, what you are suggesting is still folly.

This type of drivel, shows a fundamental lack of understanding of basic economic principles, i.e., supply and demand. The only way this will work, is if we have a fully automated work force.

It may, in the future, be possible, to have some sort of subsistence level UBI, when robots take over jobs, like mass shipping, logging, mining, carpentry, and a whole host of other jobs, that will put masses, I mean hundreds of thousands, even millions, of technical skilled workers out of a jobs. I am even reading now, that highly skilled, degreed jobs, and artistic jobs, are starting to be done by AI.

At this point, we may indeed, need some strategy, or way, to feed, house and cloth, all these masses of workers affected by economic dislocations, where no more gainful employment is available. For what types of gainful employment would be available, if all trade jobs are being done by robots, and all highly technical and skilled work is done by AI?

:dunno:

But that time? Seems to be, still, some time off yet. A decade?

Robots Could Relieve Skilled Tradespersons From Repetitive Work​

". . . Statistics show that 54% of construction contractors have trouble finding enough skilled workers. Relatedly, 81% of respondents said the skilled tradespeople they do have must take on more work to accommodate the lack.

Robots could play an instrumental role in handling the tasks that could make skilled workers more prone to fatigue and injuries. Jim Page is a veteran of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) industry who currently trains apprentices. He gave an example of how robots could help with welding.

“In the shop production side, if it takes three welders to get it done and part of the process being done by two of those welders is a repetitive process, that process could be put into a jig and could be performed by a robot.” However, that doesn’t take humans out of the picture.. . "

And yet? Once the OTR semis do become truly able to be driver-less? This is something we may have to grapple with.

Research Summary. The trucking industry is vital to the U.S.’s economy, as just about every necessity and convenience depend on this industry in some form or another. Here are some statistics about the truck driving industry:

• Trucks move about 72.5% of America’s freight by weight.
  • The trucking industry earned $875.5 billion in revenue in 2021.
  • There are about 3.5 million employed truck drivers in the U.S. as of 2021.
  • There are 1,102,799 for-hire trucking carriers in the U.S.
  • U.S. trucks moved 10.93 billion tons of freight in 2021.
  • There are 4.06 million semi-trucks operating in the U.S. as of 2021.

View attachment 771739

So. . . not too long to figure something out? Will other fields open up for low skilled workers? :dunno: We can be sure, AI and robotics are not going to just affect the nearly four million transport workers, big shifts are coming . . . . . Bigger than we saw in the 80's and 90's, with industrial production automation, and shifts to service work, this we can be assured.
Assuming what you say is true, millions of jobs will be done by robots, the very wealthy are already past the planning stage and engaged in massive population reduction.

The way it works is not to create an altruistic society where the weak are cared for and indulgence is tolerated. The weak and poor are simply killed off.

Think about it. What I am really saying is turning this on its head where the American citizen doesn't ever need to go without basic food and shelter. We can use this aid money to go where it belongs.
But you don't understand basic economics.

Just because our government has been spending like a drunken sailor, does not mean, it can just give away, free food and shelter, that is not how the world works, nor how economics work. Again, it is about supply and demand, and what the leaders in our government expect to gain from the budgets they have.

You are living in a fantasy world.

In the upper left box, aid to Ukraine? Unfortunately, our corrupt law makers to not audit this aid, but a large portion of that, is in the form of military production. That equals jobs to executives in the military industrial complex, this works like an economic stimulus to our own economy. It gives jobs to military production companies, and all the workers that work for those companies, and the folks that trade in the market.

In the upper right hand box, the money which goes to the UN, is sadly, again, not largely audited. The UN is one of the most corrupt organizations on Earth. Probably not as corrupt as the Pentagon, HUD, or global organized crime, but it is up there. With that said, all of that money, makes sure that the US has outsized influence over the nations that are participants there. For instance, that pretty transparent attack on the Nordstream II pipeline? The Russians had a proposal to have the UN investigate who destroyed their pipeline, you can watch them deliberate here;

WATCH: UN Council Rejects Nord Stream Sabotage Probe​

That money going to the UN, the WEF, the WHO, the world bank, etc., that buys the global government and the US elites control over it. Duh.

The lower left, foreign aid to Taiwan? Taiwan is strategically in an important position in the world, and it has a valuable high tech economy that is necessary for the US economy. . . . .

And the lower right?

this aid money to go where it belongs.

To the poor, and folks that don't have jobs, and don't work, to folks you believe should get money for doing nothing? The powerless? What do the billionaire oligarchs have to gain by giving these folks free assistance, when these healthy folks could just get off their asses, get jobs, and start paying taxes?

:dunno:

Assuming what you say is true, millions of jobs will be done by robots, the very wealthy are already past the planning stage and engaged in massive population reduction.

The way it works is not to create an altruistic society where the weak are cared for and indulgence is tolerated. The weak and poor are simply killed off.
Oh, I definitely agree.

I always try to keep folks informed about how, I believe, that the oligarchs and billionaire elites live, and how regular folks can best simulate that in their own lives, so as not to become weak and ill.

I am of the opinion, one need not be rich to live, mostly healthy.

You can eat an apple or banana, and organic oatmeal for breakfast everyday, for under two dollars.

Forum List

Back