California Leg. OKs funding for high-speed rail line

Interesting how so many conservatives think the USA is incapable of building train tracks. Their train-hatred is just kind of loony.

They hate everything America does outside of the Millitary.
-Science
-Tech
-R@d
-Space
-Noaa
-Nws
-NIH
-NFS
-infrastructure
-and of course bridges and trains. :badgrin:

Mathew, we know you are a conservative. Come out of the closet and just accept it.

Interesting how so many conservatives think the USA is incapable of building train tracks. Their train-hatred is just kind of loony.

We have been building train tracks since the 19th century, I would like to see us using something new and put all the money we waste on ancient technology into something else.
There's a big difference in trains since the 19th century

Foley_18.jpg
KmzICgAg&bvm=bv.54934254,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNH_XrSLSTniCK163AYFGX3KTRhBJg&ust=1382322638050739[/IMG]

bullet-train.jpg

Big difference in cars too. Strange that you don't think that means we should be spending gobs of government money on letting people drive faster.

Two points to make:
1) The use of flame labels solve nothing.
2) Your premise is incorrect. California IS a D state.

I've used high speed trains often in Europe. It is comfortable, efficient, and I get to see the countryside.

Awesome!

California is not Europe.

I know you're wrong when the attempt is made to connect the two.
California is a state while Europe covers many countries.

We have been building train tracks since the 19th century, I would like to see us using something new and put all the money we waste on ancient technology into something else.

Foley_18.jpg
KmzICgAg&bvm=bv.54934254,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNH_XrSLSTniCK163AYFGX3KTRhBJg&ust=1382322638050739[/IMG]

bullet-train.jpg

Big difference in cars too. Strange that you don't think that means we should be spending gobs of government money on letting people drive faster.
The history of cars is getting a little long in the tooth, too. Maybe we should rethink that mode of transportation.

Foley_18.jpg

bullet-train.jpg

The history of cars is getting a little long in the tooth, too. Maybe we should rethink that mode of transportation.

We have, you just weren't paying attention.

We need a 300km/hour HSR that will start at Los Angeles. The first stop would be San Francisco. The second would be Portland and the last stop would be Seattle. I am telling you this will rake cash.

How much cash?

Hundreds of billions over operating costs? Because that's how much it would cost to build.

Whatever happened to the jet packs and hovercrafts we were told in the 60's we would ALL have by now?

I am curious. Does any part of the planned route go over the San Andreas fault? Earthquakes probably don't go well with tight tolerance rail lines and a 400 mph train.

Not a minor consideration if it truly went somewhere important in cali like LA OR SF. One bullet train in japan did derail. And train accidents related to quakes in cali are already known. Of course no transport is completely immune. But in terms of pssenger miles its a bigger risk for this braindead project.

Last edited:

-Science
-Tech
-R@d
-Space
-Noaa
-Nws
-NIH
-NFS
-infrastructure

Blow it out your ass....
You are the poster child for 'clueless'...
Most people embrace the items in your list.
The objection comes when government fucks them up by making them inefficient and dramatically expensive.
Now read this and remember...Save draconian tax increases which few Americans can afford to pay, there is no money for HSR..
The cost to buy the real estate alone would stop any project cold.
Most folks don't oppose a modern rail system. They oppose the gigantic expense.
Tell ya what, you and your friends find a way to fund it without any tax increases and you can lay all the tracks you want. Until then, it's a non starter.

Conservatives aint your problem catbreath. Youre not aware of the number of sf peninsula cities threatening to sue any rail expansions thru their crowded communities.

really should finish all the other projeccts first. Before more 60 yr old gaslines blow up more of burlingame.

silly californians..

Foley_18.jpg

bullet-train.jpg

Get rid of yours first. Have the balls to lead the way.

Foley_18.jpg

bullet-train.jpg
I see no diff. Like comparing a 1940 chevy to a ferrari. Both operate the same and get you there pretty much the same route. I think youre emotionally projecting a diff.

We need a 300km/hour HSR that will start at Los Angeles. The first stop would be San Francisco. The second would be Portland and the last stop would be Seattle. I am telling you this will rake cash.

How much cash?

Hundreds of billions over operating costs? Because that's how much it would cost to build.

U put on a special screaming kids car----- might be worth all that.

Foley_18.jpg

bullet-train.jpg

Poor poly junkee, here is the world record holder for STEAM trains... Mallard set the record in 1938 at 125.88 mph (202.58kmh). Funny, they understood aerodynamics way back then too.

You need to read a book sometime, there's loads of history that you seem to be completely oblivious to. BTW I actually rode this beast in 1960! Quite the ride!

DS050580_2.png

Last edited:

-Science
-Tech
-R@d
-Space
-Noaa
-Nws
-NIH
-NFS
-infrastructure

Mathew, we know you are a conservative. Come out of the closet and just accept it.

No, he's a progressive racist...

Foley_18.jpg

bullet-train.jpg

Poor poly junkee, here is the world record holder for STEAM trains... Mallard set the record in 1938 at 125.88 mph (202.58kmh). Funny, they understood aerodynamics way back then too.

You need to read a book sometime, there's loads of history that you seem to be completely oblivious to. BTW I actually rode this beast in 1960! Quite the ride!

DS050580_2.png
I'm not the one arguing against trains.

-Science
-Tech
-R@d
-Space
-Noaa
-Nws
-NIH
-NFS
-infrastructure

Of course none of that is in evidence. Lemme give u the grownup fiscal conservative perspective. If any cons disagree lemme know.

You cant have everything on your Xmas list. Daddy isnt as rich as Santa Claus.
Particulary you cant have a money losing train service if daddys without a job and there is no soc sec checks.

Just because Masato and Pierre have one. Doesnt mean that every kid on the block gets one.

1 its NOT new tech.
2 we willnot learn anything other than how to evaporate money faster.
3 the tech advances that could revitalize US jobs isnt putting trains on rails.

got a better picture of the conservative view on hsr now?

Last edited:

Foley_18.jpg

bullet-train.jpg

DS050580_2.png

No, but you try and intimate that we are wrong by showing a old fashioned engine vs a modern HSR. I merely showed you that the technology to go fast existed a very long time ago AND THE TRAIN COMPANIES STILL FAILED!

If it was all about speed they would still be around don't you think?:eusa_whistle:

DS050580_2.png

No, but you try and intimate that we are wrong by showing a old fashioned engine vs a modern HSR. I merely showed you that the technology to go fast existed a very long time ago AND THE TRAIN COMPANIES STILL FAILED!

If it was all about speed they would still be around don't you think?:eusa_whistle:
They are around, bigtime, in other countries.

They are around, bigtime, in other countries.

If they were they wouldn't need to be subsidized by all the car owners my dear. I was not lying when I stated that there are only TWO lines that are productive. The Paris to Marseille and the Tokyo to Kyoto are it.

The Dutch have figured out they were an expensive boondoggle and are abandoning them...

Dutch High-Speed Rail Dream Turns to Disaster

Dutch High-Speed Rail Dream Turns to Disaster | Planetizen: The Urban Planning, Design, and Development Network

Forum List

Back