California Democrats want businesses to give half their tax-cut savings to state

Deal with reality. Educate.

ok, we don't have to agree with the exact specifics

what do you think can be done to make things better?

personally, I really don't know

but I do think that finding a way to encourage men in the black community to assume leadership roles would be a great place to start - would you at least agree with that? (note - I am not saying that women should not be encouraged as well; but I think the bigger issue is with the men walking away from their responsibilities, does not mean they have to stay in bad marriages, but at least not walk away from the whole situation)

digging deeper; how do we start to change the mindset that behaving responsibly is akin to "acting white" or being an "Uncle Tom"???

I want you to show me I am wrong, I have been begging you and your fellow zealot to show me I am wrong, but you will not do it.

and I had hoped that you were worth having a discussion with

if you are not willing to cede that large cities with dem mayors need to share the credit (and the blame when numbers aren't as good) with surrounding communities under republican control; then there is no point for further discussion

but it's fun watching you cry about it and demand "numbers" that would require more work & effort than it is worth; especially when I made a fair point

Yes, I told you to fuck off. You and your fellow zealot made a claim and then asked me to prove your claim was true. That is stupid. If you make a claim, you back up, you do not ask others to do it for you.
We explained why any claim has to be researched.
You just happen to be an ideologue.

I agree with you that such a claim needs to be researched. My only question is why did you make a claim that you are too lazy to research?
I don't need to do the research as I'm very good friends with this guy and speak to him at least an hour a week.
He knows pretty much what's going on all over the world.
let it go

this guy is obviously not interested in conversation - he is only good for trolling

everything is an insult, and when he gets his ass handed to him he has a tantrum

kind of sad really

look little boy, I gave you exactly what you asked for in your little challenge.

Then you and your butt boy came back and said the numbers I gave did not tell the whole story. This may or may not be true, but either way it is not my job to support your claims.

If you were to actually provide some support for your claim I would be happy to discuss it and if your claim was correct I would be more than happy to say so.

But this bullshit of it being my job to support your claim is just stupid and shows that you are just full of shit and have not clue what you are talking about.
We didn’t ask you to support your claim; we pointed out why it’s flawed.
Now go play golf with your Limousine Liberal “Not In My Backyard” pals.

We explained why any claim has to be researched.
You just happen to be an ideologue.

I agree with you that such a claim needs to be researched. My only question is why did you make a claim that you are too lazy to research?
I don't need to do the research as I'm very good friends with this guy and speak to him at least an hour a week.
He knows pretty much what's going on all over the world.
let it go

this guy is obviously not interested in conversation - he is only good for trolling

everything is an insult, and when he gets his ass handed to him he has a tantrum

kind of sad really

look little boy, I gave you exactly what you asked for in your little challenge.

Then you and your butt boy came back and said the numbers I gave did not tell the whole story. This may or may not be true, but either way it is not my job to support your claims.

If you were to actually provide some support for your claim I would be happy to discuss it and if your claim was correct I would be more than happy to say so.

But this bullshit of it being my job to support your claim is just stupid and shows that you are just full of shit and have not clue what you are talking about.
We didn’t ask you to support your claim; we pointed out why it’s flawed.
Now go play golf with your Limousine Liberal “Not In My Backyard” pals.

You gave your opinion of why my dad it was flawed. But you didn’t give us any proof or evidence that my data was flawed.

All I did was ask for some evidence some numbers to support it so we could discuss it. But instead of doing that I am supposed to just take your word for it but I am not going to just take your word for it. So if you would like to have a discussion show me the numbers and we will discuss them

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

I want you to show me I am wrong, I have been begging you and your fellow zealot to show me I am wrong, but you will not do it.

and I had hoped that you were worth having a discussion with

if you are not willing to cede that large cities with dem mayors need to share the credit (and the blame when numbers aren't as good) with surrounding communities under republican control; then there is no point for further discussion

but it's fun watching you cry about it and demand "numbers" that would require more work & effort than it is worth; especially when I made a fair point

I tried to have a discussion with you.
I took your challenge and gave you the data that you asked for the exact data that you asked for.
And after I did that you came back and said my data was not correct. Then I asked you to show me some data proving it so we could discuss it.
You have chosen not to do that because you said it’s too hard.
So what is left to discuss? I’m just supposed to take your word for it I don’t know shit about you.

This is an Internet for people are supposed to support what they say, not ask others to do it for them

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

but I do think that finding a way to encourage men in the black community to assume leadership roles would be a great place to start - would you at least agree with that? (note - I am not saying that women should not be encouraged as well; but I think the bigger issue is with the men walking away from their responsibilities, does not mean they have to stay in bad marriages, but at least not walk away from the whole situation)

digging deeper; how do we start to change the mindset that behaving responsibly is akin to "acting white" or being an "Uncle Tom"???

Well, like I said, education. Making people think about how they treat others. It's not going to happen because the way people elect leads to partisan politics which is more important than making things better.

Trying to get black people to take leadership roles in black communities isn't going to solve many problems. Firstly because these people already exist and secondly because too many people don't listen. It would be like Jews listening to another Jew telling them that the Nazis aren't so bad.

Men are walking away from their responsibilities just like their fathers probably did the same thing. Society has broken down so badly.

Thinks that do work are EDUCATION, after school programs to get kids off the streets, encouraging them to open up businesses and educating them how to do this, giving them the skills they need in order to get jobs that can take them out of poverty, basically giving them some hope and taking away the feeling that white people are just going to screw them over time and time and time again.

I did training for my job. It was intense training. However they wanted to do something where they got people into teams. Apparently the year before, or some other year, the people had almost killed each other. The guy in charge basically did this whole thing about learning styles.

http://mason.gmu.edu/~lpetersn/pdp/learn_pref_inv.pdf

Are you a Beach Ball, Clipboard, Microscope, or Puppy?

Four different learning styles that are much more than a learning style, but a way of life.

Beach ball, goes whichever way the wind blows.
Microscope, likes looking at things in depth
Clipboards, like making lists
Puppies, they are emotional and cry a lot.

By learning that different people do things differently then you can understand that people aren't going to do things your way. A clipboard came to me and said "tomorrow you need to do this, this, this and this." "Okay" I said. "Aren't you going to write it down?" she said. "No." And I came in the next day and I'd done what I said I'd do without making a list, because I'm not a clip board but she was. She understood because she'd been taught that people were different, so left me alone to do it my way.

This is one example of how people can understand others and tolerate others, and cope with others, and co-exist with others. If people don't learn this they're going to find marriage potentially harder, they're going to struggle when the marriage hits a rocky patch, or it's more likely to lead to rocky patches, potentially it's going to lead to someone going out with someone who simply isn't going to be right for them.

No

You did not

You presented employment numbers that came from MSA studies

I pointed that out to you and asserted that MSAs for large cities always include surrounding areas and that your data was not conclusive proof that big cities run by democrats were the cause of favorable employment stats

You went on to stick your head in the sand and call me a partisan hack

I followed up by pointing out that urban blight is a concern insofar as a turnaround on jobs

You then started demanding "numbers" that are either not compiled and shared or that are inconclusive at best

Example, Atlanta is MOSTLY in Fulton County, but Fulton County also encompasses the cities of Roswell and Alpharetta (republican suburbs)

This is true of most of the cities in America (Jacksonville, FL being a notable exception)

You then continued to hurl meaningless insults and throw an e-tantrum

since you are not willing to cede a fair point, I have decided that you aren't worth the effort to continue this conversation, outside of laughing at your silly whining

you are being willfully ignorant and obtuse and replying with baseless insults

so have fun with that

No

You did not

You presented employment numbers that came from MSA studies

I pointed that out to you and asserted that MSAs for large cities always include surrounding areas and that your data was not conclusive proof that big cities run by democrats were the cause of favorable employment stats

I never claimed that big cities run by democrats were the cause of favorable employment stats, I just presented to you exactly what you asked for in your first post.

You went on to stick your head in the sand and call me a partisan hack

That is because you are.

I followed up by pointing out that urban blight is a concern insofar as a turnaround on jobs

You then started demanding "numbers" that are either not compiled and shared or that are inconclusive at best

Yes, I want some actual evidence and not just the word of someone on the internet. Is that really all that crazy? You made a claim, a claim that you now say is too hard to support. Then maybe you should not have made that claim.

since you are not willing to cede a fair point, I have decided that you aren't worth the effort to continue this conversation, outside of laughing at your silly whining

I will be more than happy to cede a fair point as soon as you support that point. Why do you make claims that you cannot support? Do you really think that I am just going to take you word for it? For all I know you are some 45 year old dude living in his parents basement posting in his underwear.

I think asking for some supporting data for a claim made is a more than reasonable thing to do.

Forum List

Back