The 22 Senators at Risk Voting for Shutdown When Will they Defect?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Two of the 24 senators up for reelection, one of them, Mancin, has a pretty safe seat, have already defected from Schumer but have stayed Democratic. They can do that because the Democrats need them more they need the democratic party. Others like Nelson FL face probable defeat if they defect and certain defeat if they don't. Many will have to change parties to keep their political careers going or defeat in a primary battle if they stay Democrat. With the Democratic position getting less popular by the second many blue seats may start becoming RINO purple. What call do you make?

I think what is going to happen William is that the preponderance of evidence will just be to heavy for Dems to bear. There is not much more track for the anti trump train to run on. Dems my think they can defy the laws of political gravity but they are delusional. The billions of sound bites from demented anti trumpets are nothing but a gold mine. But aside from asking what Dems did to deserve their pay just take this Daca shutdown, the Schumer shutdown. Every dem running for office will be asked do they think illegal aliens are more important to them than keeping the country running and protecting the military. Th second question they should be asked will be if elected will they be supporting Maxine Waters and company to impeach the president. The majority of Americans are sick of it.

But what is with these republicans. Graham is just a weasel. He and flake are just sticking it to trump. Rand Paul just lives in a different universe. What the hell does Lee want?
I suspect the RINOs are leaving the building. Schumer, I suspect, is taking a page from the Trump playbook: do something outrageously stupid on twitter to divert attention from house cleaning in the bureaucracy and regulatory reform to nearly double economic growth. But Schumer is not in position to do something quiet, boring and effective while he acts out to divert attention..

We were already going to pick up seats in the Senate before this

It's almost like they want to lose

We were already going to pick up seats in the Senate before this

It's almost like they want to lose
They know that they will lose tax and voter base. That means default. Default in turn means that they go to jail for the most part.

I really don’t know and on top of that I don’t really care at this point in time about the 2018 election. My only concern is that the passion on the left is extreme and I am not sure republicans are aware how much these crazies are running the show. Good candidates and ground game(no duh) are what is going to carry the day. I think we have good candidates, but remember democrats will stop at nothing to regain power.

Manchin stays in the senate more because in WV he is a household name and not batshit crazy like most democrats but the rest of the state has gone republican...I hope we can pick up his seat or at least get him to switch to the GOP.

Two more votes before Monday and if Trump caves on the wall then he is the half-witted clown the left accuses him of being.

Everyone colors themselves the victor in a potential shutdown. When a real one happens people take a very close look and in this case, the Democrats will come out as defenders of illegals at the cost of the country. That never plays well in elections.

Everyone colors themselves the victor in a potential shutdown. When a real one happens people take a very close look and in this case, the Democrats will come out as defenders of illegals at the cost of the country. That never plays well in elections.

True, the Ds may lose house seats as well as senate seats. With three times as many seats to defend v the Rs the senate pickup is a gimme but with widescale home losses due to the mortgage deduction cap added to the shutdown 15-20 safe D seats won't be.

True, the Ds may lose house seats as well as senate seats. With three times as many seats to defend v the Rs the senate pickup is a gimme but with widescale home losses due to the mortgage deduction cap added to the shutdown 15-20 safe D seats won't be.

I for one encourage Democrats to fund all those liberal East and West Coast programs with their nondeductible property taxes. What better way to show commitment and concern?

I for one encourage Democrats to fund all those liberal East and West Coast programs with their nondeductible property taxes. What better way to show commitment and concern?

That is what they are already doing in CA and I predict a year round fire season for CA.

Manchin stays in the senate more because in WV he is a household name and not batshit crazy like most democrats but the rest of the state has gone republican...I hope we can pick up his seat or at least get him to switch to the GOP.

We need Arpaio in AZ too

We need Arpaio in AZ too
I wish he was younger and wasn't so controversial. For those 2 reasons I want him to back out and back Kelli Ward who has backed Trump the entire time...she can win that seat hands down but Arpaio is going to split the anti establishment vote with her and let that damn establishment candidate win the nomination

Others like Nelson FL face probable defeat if they defect and certain defeat if they don't.
Others like Nelson FL face probable defeat if they defect and certain defeat if they don't.

Bill Nelson is not facing defeat in his reelection bid.

You know much less about FL than I know about NV. Nelson is an old (75) legacy D. Harris elected him in 2006 and Obama in 2012 making it 18 years since he won a competitive race. He actually has less statewide name recognition than his probable opponent gov. Scott and he is far to the right of the FL democratic party so his base will most likely stay home. Best of all there is a real possibility (@ 40%) of a primary challenge and both the state and national parties have higher priority races to fund with nowhere near enough funds. If he hangs tougher than most of the other D vulnerables he has about a 40% chance of getting enough funds and possible endorsements to win if the government is back up by Monday and no primary challenges are launched..

Normally, sane, older voters turn out for midterms.....No matter how much the millennials mouth off and chant their slogans, they're dopers and lazy humps who won't get around to registering much less voting. Plus with the economy ROARING many of them have been thrown out of their parents' basements and gotten some kind of menial job and be too worn out to stand in a Tuesday voting line after work. This "groundswell" the Rats are claiming will never happen....we just might get the 60 vote Senate we need....and then Katie bar the door!
Headbang_Emoticon_by_d3monthesicko.gif

Forum List

Back