Calif.. always ahead of the curve...

Republicans absolutely control the purse strings in California. They have the power to veto any tax increase.

Do you just make shit up asshole? Republicans have not controlled Spending or Policy Decisions in Cai for almost 3 decades, even when they had a Rino Republican Governor, he had to pass anything he wanted through a Democrat Controlled Legislature.

You have earned a Neg Rep for your stupidity, or Dishonesty, which ever it is.
And then when the citizens vote things in that liberoidal bedwetters don't like, (i.e. Prop 187, Pro 8) they go out and get their freakazoid moonbat judges to declare legitimately voted upon amendments to the state constitution unconstitutional.

It's surprising that Nevada and Arizona haven't built a wall on their western borders to keep the fruitcakes out.

The OP is right though...we are trend setters. We just went to online voter registration and, starting in 2014, will begin same day registration.

With ZERO verification of eligibility.

Way to go, Kalifornikators!!

I'm SO glad I moved out before the insanity really set in... :D

Republicans absolutely control the purse strings in California. They have the power to veto any tax increase.

Do you just make shit up asshole? Republicans have not controlled Spending or Policy Decisions in Cai for almost 3 decades, even when they had a Rino Republican Governor, he had to pass anything he wanted through a Democrat Controlled Legislature.

You have earned a Neg Rep for your stupidity, or Dishonesty, which ever it is.
And then when the citizens vote things in that liberoidal bedwetters don't like, (i.e. Prop 187, Pro 8) they go out and get their freakazoid moonbat judges to declare legitimately voted upon amendments to the state constitution unconstitutional.

It's surprising that Nevada and Arizona haven't built a wall on their western borders to keep the fruitcakes out.

we're working on one:eusa_shhh:

The OP is right though...we are trend setters. We just went to online voter registration and, starting in 2014, will begin same day registration.

Nope. Instant verification through the DMV.

I visited cali in 78, it was heaven, I said to myself, some day I may end up out here...... I came out here in 92 to live.

it was till a great place in 92, but by 2000, 2003 the march of liberal gov. had flipped it upside down....and I take no pleasure in saying this.

Too funny...after they screw up the state they find they don't like it anymore...
Sort of like Beavis and Butthead sitting around the place they totally destroyed
looking at the mess and saying "This Suks"...and then walking out.

Born in Hayward, CA, still have family out there. One brother is a hardcore liberal, the other a hardcore conservative. My third brother and I have great fun watching them as they argue during family reunions, what a hoot.

Anyway, the state is fucked, and they act like they don't know it. They must be assuming that the feds will ultimately have to fold and bail them out so that they can run their credit cards up again.

I visited cali in 78, it was heaven, I said to myself, some day I may end up out here...... I came out here in 92 to live.

it was till a great place in 92, but by 2000, 2003 the march of liberal gov. had flipped it upside down....and I take no pleasure in saying this.

Lol, I left there in 1991 as I had seen the radical changes happening in the past 15 years, and knew I wasn't the right "type" to enjoy my neighbors any more. We had lost much in common. They felt entitled to a nanny state, and I wanted to make my own way....and have. :)

Last edited:

The DMV tracks citizenship now? Or do they just verify that the person 'checked the box'?

Not exactly - you need the last 4 of a SS#, if it comes back valid from the DMV - which means if ANYONE has a license that crosses to the last 4, the registration is considered valid.

This is the illegal alien voting act.

You know it, it's just that you support illegals voting.

Anyone here want to offer a plan for getting California out of this mess?

How is it possible that a state that taxes the most is the most debt ridden state in the US? Raising taxes didn't help CA out of the mess. Why doesn't the state government become responsible?

They've got themselves painted into a corner. They won't cut spending to any serious degree. They can't raise taxes any higher. People and companies are already leaving.

I'd seriously like to hear from a California Democrat on what they're gonna do here.

How is it possible that a state that taxes the most is the most debt ridden state in the US? Raising taxes didn't help CA out of the mess. Why doesn't the state government become responsible?

I saw a great article here, Is California the next Detroit?

A great synopsis of where cali is going, it ain't pretty and it's pretty much irrefutable ......

They've got themselves painted into a corner. They won't cut spending to any serious degree. They can't raise taxes any higher. People and companies are already leaving.

I'd seriously like to hear from a California Democrat on what they're gonna do here.

What you'd get if they do respond is Obama policy writ smaller, tax, spend, regulate .....

I saw a great article here, Is California the next Detroit?

A great synopsis of where cali is going, it ain't pretty and it's pretty much irrefutable ......

Thanks for the article, Traj. It truly is sad. California is such a beautiful state.

You're an utter fucking liar.

Republicans have NO SAY about ANYTHING in California. All branches of government are completely dominated by the democrats and have been for decades. The last time either house of the California legislature had a Republican majority was in 1984. The democrats have enjoyed a 2/3rds majority in the Assembly for nearly a decade, meaning that with democrats Ahhhnold and Jerry Brown, the dems run roughshod with absolutely no opposition.

Standard Disclaimer: You're going to say that the checks in the mail, and Schwarzenegger was a Republican - we all know about big lies....

It doesn't take a Republican majority when Prop 13 put in a super-majority requirement for tax increases. You just need 1/3 + 1 seats in a single chamber (in this case, the state senate). But don't worry, it seems like the same salting of the fields has arrived in Washington.

And yes, I will say Schwarzenegger is a Republican, because he is, in fact, a Republican. Your desire to write him out doesn't change that.

Forum List

Back