Calif.. always ahead of the curve...

Nope. Instant verification through the DMV.

Not exactly - you need the last 4 of a SS#, if it comes back valid from the DMV - which means if ANYONE has a license that crosses to the last 4, the registration is considered valid.

This is the illegal alien voting act.

You know it, it's just that you support illegals voting.

You should really educate yourself before spouting off. To start with, we were speaking of online voter registration. If you only provide the last four of your social, you don't get to register online. You will be asked to print, sign and mail your form. When the form is received and entered, the information is matched by social, NAME and DOB. If the verification fails, the voter will be asked to provide identification at the polls.

With online registration, the information is pulled, including the voter's signature, from the DMV.

This advance will actually save the taxpayers of California a considerable amount of money. It will take much fewer people to process Voter Registration than it has in the past. Couple that with other technology we are using such as intelligent character recognition for paper forms and we will be able to reduce our staffing for an election even further.

I'd seriously like to hear from a California Democrat on what they're gonna do here.

So far, the closest thing to an idea I've seen is "dang, if only the state constitution would let California raise its taxes even HIGHER."

Holy crap.

Is that it?

The first and most necessary step in "fixing" California is getting rid of our direct democracy.

Amending California's direct democracy

Wow, interesting. Sounds like the initiative process is making a lousy situation worse. The representatives need to be responsible, that's why they're elected in the first freakin' place.

So far, the closest thing to an idea I've seen is "dang, if only the state constitution would let California raise its taxes even HIGHER."

Holy crap.

Is that it?

The first and most necessary step in "fixing" California is getting rid of our direct democracy.

Amending California's direct democracy

Wow, interesting. Sounds like the initiative process is making a lousy situation worse. The representatives need to be responsible, that's why they're elected in the first freakin' place.

It created many of the problems in the first place and is just compounding them.

We need and want a Constitutional Convention.

Taming the beast

I liked in California from 1977-1980. Absolutely LOVED it. I was in San Diego (La Mesa) - never wanted to leave, but was transferred to East Coast and remained here.

I have fond memories of that place -

But in today's political atmosphere - I am afraid it's not like the California of the 70s that I knew.

big difference.....

big difference.....

I bet. It was VERY conservative (San Diego) back in the day when I was there. Probably because I was surrounded by everything U.S. Navy - but even the "civilians" I knew were conservative Americans.

I can only imagine what it's like today.

It's a shame really...

I loved it out there.

My favorite spot - the beach behind Hotel Del. BEAUTIFUL place. I saw Dick Van Dyke there once in the dining room of the hotel - he was eating brunch.

Met Desi Arnaz on a train from San Diego to LA !!! He was sitting in coach!!! I shit you not.

How is it possible that a state that taxes the most is the most debt ridden state in the US? Raising taxes didn't help CA out of the mess. Why doesn't the state government become responsible?

Because the state is run ONLY to benefit the public employee unions. Brown and the democrats don't give a shit about debt, unemployment, failing infrastructure, business flight, rising poverty, increasing gang violence, etc.

California is a kleptocracy run expressly to rape the citizens and businesses on behalf of Seawytch, bodecea, and millions of other government employees.

It doesn't take a Republican majority when Prop 13 put in a super-majority requirement for tax increases.

Prop 13 only Affects property taxes.

You just need 1/3 + 1 seats in a single chamber (in this case, the state senate).

Further, the democrats HAVE a 2/3rds majority. The scumbagcrats 100% run the state, they can and do, do whatever they please, on behalf of the public sector workers and union bosses.

But don't worry, it seems like the same salting of the fields has arrived in Washington.

Yes, the moron dems in Washington DC are indeed destroying the nation the way you've destroyed California. But where Brown and the dems work hard to drive jobs and business to Texas or Nevada, Obama works to drive jobs to China. The dream of you leftists is that people can either work for the government, or be on welfare. California has and continues to wage war on the private sector. Brown is determined to end private enterprise in California.

And yes, I will say Schwarzenegger is a Republican, because he is, in fact, a Republican. Your desire to write him out doesn't change that.

Ahhhnold is a left wing douche-bag.

Deukmejian wanted to get the benefits of spending, but was unwilling to pay for it. Pretty typical of the GOP. Plenty of examples of the same behavior today (Christie, for starters).

Deukmejian ran a surplus, moron.

{The Deukmejian administration entered office during a national economic recession. California had a $1.5 billion budget deficit with an unemployment rate of 11.2%. He first halted the hiring of new state employees and banned out of state travel for those in government. He rejected the legislature's demands for tax hikes, and pared $1.1 billion from its budget by selectively vetoing spending items. One year later, further cuts, along with a booming defense industry, created a billion dollar surplus for 1985. }

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Deukmejian

Last edited:
California is a prime example of what happens when you wed the general public's desire for spending with giving the Republicans the power to control tax policy, so that none of the spending is ever paid for.

:lol::lol::lol:This post is an excellent example of the lberals complete lack of sanity. Repubs havn't had control of the purse strings in CA for decades...but don't let that screw with your dementia there ol boy.:lol:

You're either a liar or fully ignorant of the political landscape in California.

Many of those leaving California are white middle class people that see a state that caters to illegals. When parts of LA have become the Mexican barrio and the taxes keep going up, then it's time to leave town.

Those left behind will be the asians, hispanics, blacks and rich white people......an interesting ticking time bomb.

You're either a liar or fully ignorant of the political landscape in California.

democrats run every aspect of the state - 100% for the public employee unions.

Republicans have ZERO influence on anything. The California Teachers Association decides on spending, consulting with the California Correctional Peace Officers Association, then Brown and the other demoscum lapdogs execute the decisions the unions make.

THAT is the political landscape in California.

It doesn't take a Republican majority when Prop 13 put in a super-majority requirement for tax increases.

Prop 13 only Affects property taxes.

You just need 1/3 + 1 seats in a single chamber (in this case, the state senate).

Further, the democrats HAVE a 2/3rds majority. The scumbagcrats 100% run the state, they can and do, do whatever they please, on behalf of the public sector workers and union bosses.

But don't worry, it seems like the same salting of the fields has arrived in Washington.

Yes, the moron dems in Washington DC are indeed destroying the nation the way you've destroyed California. But where Brown and the dems work hard to drive jobs and business to Texas or Nevada, Obama works to drive jobs to China. The dream of you leftists is that people can either work for the government, or be on welfare. California has and continues to wage war on the private sector. Brown is determined to end private enterprise in California.

And yes, I will say Schwarzenegger is a Republican, because he is, in fact, a Republican. Your desire to write him out doesn't change that.

Ahhhnold is a left wing douche-bag.

I don't know where you learned math, but the California State Senate has 40 seats. Getting 2/3rds of that chamber would require 27 seats. The Democrats haven't had that many seats since the 1960s.

Anyone here want to offer a plan for getting California out of this mess?

How is it possible that a state that taxes the most is the most debt ridden state in the US? Raising taxes didn't help CA out of the mess. Why doesn't the state government become responsible?

Excellent question. If only liberals would contemplate it for a bit.

I don't know where you learned math, but the California State Senate has 40 seats. Getting 2/3rds of that chamber would require 27 seats. The Democrats haven't had that many seats since the 1960s.

The dims have 2/3rds of the Assembly, which is the source of ALL spending bills, per the California constitution.

There are 39 Senators in California, with one vacant seat. There are 25 democrats and 14 Republicans, giving the dims a 2/3rds majority when the democratic Lieutenant Governor, open Communist Gavin Newsome, casts a vote.

As I correctly stated, the dims have a 2/3rds majority in both houses, and the Governor. The public employee unions 100% run the state - for their own benefit. Basically, the public unions are sacking the state.

BTW, which public employee union do you work for? SEIU?

Last edited:
The bills have to originate in the Assembly, but they have to pass both chambers to become law.

Also, the Democrats still don't have two-thirds of the Senate even when you account for the vacant seat, because 2/3rds of 39 is 26. 25 is less than 26 and the lieutenant governor only has a vote in event of a tie.

The bills have to originate in the Assembly, but they have to pass both chambers to become law.

Both chambers has a 2/3rds majority, and we have MoonBeam as Gov.

Also, the Democrats still don't have two-thirds of the Senate even when you account for the vacant seat, because 2/3rds of 39 is 26. 25 is less than 26 and the lieutenant governor only has a vote in event of a tie.

Newsome can vote in the case of a stalemate. So IF the Republicans ever attempted to filibuster or there were a tax vote, then Newsome can and does cast a vote.

Forum List

Back