Bush Warmly Greeted At Baseball Game

fair enough logic, but unless you have the data that actually tells you how many liberals and how many conservatives there were at the game, than you can't assume.

Your same logic couldn't also conclude that 67% of the crowd disapproved of Bush correct?
Although I will say this though, I live in Maryland and know for a fact, that in order for them to get an equal number of conservatives and liberals in the stadium they would have to bus in conservatives. DC is something like 80% liberal. I could pull old election results to illustrate if you would like?

Your same logic couldn't also conclude that 67% of the crowd disapproved of Bush correct?
Although I will say this though, I live in Maryland and know for a fact, that in order for them to get an equal number of conservatives and liberals in the stadium they would have to bus in conservatives. DC is something like 80% liberal. I could pull old election results to illustrate if you would like?

Maybe so, I'll bow out of this one...I live in Texas, so it's extremley had for me to imagine a lack of Conservatives....It's a baffle to my mind. LOL.

Maybe so, I'll bow out of this one...I live in Texas, so it's extremley had for me to imagine a lack of Conservatives....It's a baffle to my mind. LOL.

That's fine, I don't get it either, I mean Maryland and Northern Virginia is very similar to DC.

Considering it was in D.C. which is predominately liberalistic countryl

Well that works out great then, because "liberalistic" people are in demand on Capitol Hill and at the WH.

Well that works out great then, because "liberalistic" people are in demand on Capitol Hill and at the WH.

If you think that politicians actually live in that shithole of a city, your foolish. Yes downtown D.C. is nice, but you go in S.E. D.C. you better have a gun and a fast car.

If you think that politicians actually live in that shithole of a city, your foolish. Yes downtown D.C. is nice, but you go in S.E. D.C. you better have a gun and a fast car.

Before you show me post of politicians that live in D.C., let me say there are nice parts but the majority of the city is a shithole.

I was just making a joke at your expense bro, no harm meant. First, the word "liberalistic" seemed funny. Second, I wanted to joke on the fact that since the Capitol and the WH sure do seem to be stocked with a lot of "liberalistic" people these days, it works out great that the city of DC is mostly liberal...or liberalistic, if you will.

I was just making a joke at your expense bro, no harm meant. First, the word "liberalistic" seemed funny. Second, I wanted to joke on the fact that since the Capitol and the WH sure do seem to be stocked with a lot of "liberalistic" people these days, it works out great that the city of DC is mostly liberal...or liberalistic, if you will.

LOL

Even President George W. Bush was on hand last night to throw out the traditional first pitch for the Washington Nationals in their brand new park. However, he was nearly booed out of the stadium as he ran out to the mound. You can watch it here: http://thinkprogress.org/2008/03/30/bush-booed-nationals/

Everywhere Bush goes -- from the Washington Nationals home opener to the Ukraine the next day -- people come out to reject the war criminal.
Looks like alot of Americas feel like I do...this cracks me up..enjoy!!

While I appreciate your good job of finding current events. There's a rather large thread on this event already...

oops, sorry, I must've missed it while I was trashing that Obama thread...I kind like to stay in one place..so sorry
But>>>>>>>this just might be deserving of two threads.:eusa_drool:

LOL....I just thought I'd let you know. I think redudancy is an issue on the boards. Not punishable by death I don't think. :cool:

No, the people who booed him, did it because they are like the 67% of US who think he is a total failure.

This doesn't just happen to a president because of the liberal press.:rofl:

Do you President Bush is the first president to leave office with with a sub 40 approval rating? His numbers aren't really that startling. Every president since FDR has shown an overall decrease in approval ratings from the beggining of their term to the end. This is attributed, by most political scientists, to the people and the media having unrealistic expectations of an incoming president.

the difference in reaction to Bush from 2001 to 2008 is stunning.

to paraphrase Dinah Washington:

"What a difference a war makes"

Not true. FDR was more popular before he died than before the war. The war made him more popular. The difference was the unified war effort. Nationalism was rampant and that is a good thing. This war, as with Vietnam and Korea, has been mishandled by the Pentagon and the press. That is your reason for low approval ratings.

This war, as with Vietnam and Korea, has been mishandled by the Pentagon and the press. That is your reason for low approval ratings.

I disagree. The war has been mishandled by the bureaucrats in Washington including Bush. The press has nothing to do with anything being mishandled. They are (mostly) just doing their job.

I disagree. The war has been mishandled by the bureaucrats in Washington including Bush. The press has nothing to do with anything being mishandled. They are (mostly) just doing their job.

Bush isn't a bureaucrat and the media is as much to blame for the unfavorable public opinion as Washington is. This is mishandling. I don't want biased spin, but I do want responsibility.

When Bush threw out the first pitch at the new stadium in Washington, he was warmly greeted by the crowd.

They booooooooooooooooooooooed Him.:clap2:

The next game all those attending will be vetted before they enter the stadium.:rofl:

There were probably more cheers than boos. The sounds are simply different and the boos carry farther. I'd like to those folks boo him individually.

Wars are not one by military might, but by the support of the people..

I'm not quoting because I can't remember who said it, and I'm not sure if it's exactly as was written. But you get the drift. If the media can affect the attitudes/decisions of the people, then it will affect the outcome of a war.

Forum List

Back