Bush Declines Obama's Invitation to Ground Zero

Nobody ever accused Bush of being the smartest man to grace the White House, but at least he knows enough to avoid Obama's total lack of class as he goes to Ground Zero for another in a relentless series of campaign speeches.

It is quite obvious that Obama intends to milk the death of Bin Laden for all it's political value, as tasteless as that is. He could learn something about class from Bush, but then I don't think Obama really gives a damn about anyone but himself.

No - actually Obama didn't do it - Seal Team Six did - but thanks for sharing.

You can take your rep abuse up with Gunny too.

Bitch.

Bush has kept a low profile since he left office.
Read his letter to Obama and you can get the real information.
If Obama would not have had something there on 9-11 there would be a thread here on how bad he was for not.
Now he gets the business for having one.
Absurd.

President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

President Obama’s Vacation Days
January 11, 2010

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?
A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

I know for a fact Reagan spent a LOT of time flying to his ranch in Santa Barbara. Air Force One would be stashed in our hangar when he was in town....a lot. Pretty much shut things down across the way when it was.
That's not fair.

Lil' Dumbya needed his "down-time"....

He's a COWBOY.....and, needed to get-back....

.....to his roots!!!!

bush_littlebigman.jpg

Gotta agree. Bush has stayed out of politics since leaving office. The only time he came back in the public eyes was to plug his new book. He hasn't said one negative word about OL'BO or anything he's doing.

Oh and Jill, the US Navy Seals killed OBL. Kudo's to the Prez for authorizing the hit. Very well done on his part. Smart politically as well.

I also give kudo's to the Bush administration where the trail started and to the desk jokeys at the CIA who connected the dots.

I'm just glad that mass murderer is dead and hope some of the victims famillys get some sense of closure with the offing of that dirtbag.

Last edited:
POLITICO Forums:Whiteboard: 05/03/2011 @ 08:17 PM - POLITICO.com

BUSH DECLINES NYC INVITE: President Obama invited former President George W. Bush on a visit to Ground Zero on Thursday but Bush has declined, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Obama will travel to the site of the World Trade Center attacks of Sept. 11 in the days following the killing of Osama bin Laden in a U.S. special forces operation in Pakistan. He will meet with families of Sept. 11 victims, according to the Associated Press.

Makes sense.

He really wants out of the spot light as much as possible, it seems. So sharing the occasion would be the opposite of what he wants. And being a deeply religious man, may feel out of sorts celebrating the assassination of another person.

Um....

WASHINGTON (AP) — Sherzer says Bush celebrates bin Laden's death as an "important victory in the war on terror."

Shoots that theory right in the left eye!

I got the other half right w/o a link.

So there :tongue:

POLITICO Forums:Whiteboard: 05/03/2011 @ 08:17 PM - POLITICO.com

BUSH DECLINES NYC INVITE: President Obama invited former President George W. Bush on a visit to Ground Zero on Thursday but Bush has declined, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Obama will travel to the site of the World Trade Center attacks of Sept. 11 in the days following the killing of Osama bin Laden in a U.S. special forces operation in Pakistan. He will meet with families of Sept. 11 victims, according to the Associated Press.

Makes sense.

He really wants out of the spot light as much as possible, it seems. So sharing the occasion would be the opposite of what he wants.
No doubt.

He's already DOUBLED-DOWN as a total-asshole....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9whu1o_zbM]YouTube - Bush Making a Complete Fool of Himself.[/ame]

The LESS-publicity, the BETTER, for him.​

Don't worry guys, I'm sure the OP would be saying the same thing if roles were reversed and Bush invited Obama and he declined.

I'm certain of it..........

He'd be patting Obama on the back...............

Making threads about how smart of a move it was ......................

No doubt about it................................................................................................................

Nobody ever accused Bush of being the smartest man to grace the White House, but at least he knows enough to avoid Obama's total lack of class as he goes to Ground Zero for another in a relentless series of campaign speeches.

It is quite obvious that Obama intends to milk the death of Bin Laden for all it's political value, as tasteless as that is. He could learn something about class from Bush, but then I don't think Obama really gives a damn about anyone but himself.

Damn it. Stop.

I share your dislike of the Obama Administration.

But let me respectfully suggest that after your team wins the big game, it is perfectly ok to celebrate.

The disappointed fans of the team that did not win often also manage to express respect for the team that did win. The quarterback DOES get a lot of credit. And it's ok to acknowledge when he had made a good call or when he put together a string of winning plays.

Is President Obama going to try to get some political mileage out of ridding the world of that bin Laden piece of shit? No doubt. What President wouldn't? Why shouldn't he?

As for President Bush, I happen to agree that he made a politically smart move in declining President Obama's invitation. But still, I would have been very irked by President Obama if he had failed to at least extend the invitation.

Scumbag Osama bin Laden is dead. This is a good time for us. I have no problem with the President taking a "victory lap."

I'm not going to be in Manhattan, but if I were close enough, I'd drop by just to give the President a little vocal show of appreciation. Seriously. I will vote against him and maybe campaign a bit for his opponent; but for now, that can wait. It's time to simply give him his due.

He done good.

Last edited:
Can't blame Bush at all. I'm pretty picky about who I hang around with too.

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

You libs are still beating this dead horse. Kerry ran on this and lost miserably.

In 2002 Bush was a little bit more concerned with the war in Afghanistan and rebuilding a country and goverment that had been ruled by the Taliban.
Yeah.....we could tell......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]YouTube - The Hunt For Bin Laden[/ame]

:eusa_hand:

I can't imagine that this isn't just a big photo op for Obama and the 2012 campaign. If Bush realizes that, can you be surprised that he doesnt want to participate?

I heard Obama is getting fitted for a flight suit and the sign is already made. :eusa_whistle:

That faggot would shit his pants being on board an aircraft performing a carrier landing.....that and he really looks gay in a flight suit......

Nice photoshop....isn't it a shame you had to make stuff up to make your point.....er....did you have a point?

Can't blame Bush at all. I'm pretty picky about who I hang around with too.

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

It's nice that your Messiah is so much better a man than you are.

CA Girl, please don't tell me you are falling for that "messiah" crap that I hear so much from Rightwingers.......:doubt:

Don't worry guys, I'm sure the OP would be saying the same thing if roles were reversed and Bush invited Obama and he declined.

No doubt about it................................................................................................................

Why would then-president Bush invite Obama to ground zero?

You libs are still beating this dead horse. Kerry ran on this and lost miserably.

In 2002 Bush was a little bit more concerned with the war in Afghanistan and rebuilding a country and goverment that had been ruled by the Taliban.

As he put it:

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.
Here we see Bush denying he said it, and then tape of him saying it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRY_BOYeySc]YouTube - Bush "truly not concerned" about bin Laden![/ame]

BUSHCO was the master of Flip-Floppin'.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejph4LBdmmc]YouTube - WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld etc. - THE ULTIMATE CLIP[/ame]

.....a corporate SPIN-BEHEMOTH!!!!

I agree with what you say Liability - however - it will be extremely LOW CLASS if this does turn into a campaign speech.

Why would then-president Bush invite Obama to ground zero?

Obviously it was a hypothetical, my point was that you certainly aren't a partisan hack and that you look at all these scenarios with an open mind, giving proper credit/blame when it's due no matter the party.

Oh whoops, i forgot these...................................................................

You mean like throwing the first pitch at Yankee Stadium? How is that any different from what Obama's doing? He should be congratulated. He didn't listen to the critics that insisted we cut-n-run from the AfPak theater. Well done, Mr. President. :clap2:

Forum List

Back