Democrats say Biden attack in Yemen to be unconstitutional

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

"Unacceptable violation of the Constitution": Democrats slam Biden over "illegal" Yemen air strikes​

Tatyana Tandanpolie​

Fri, January 12, 2024 at 11:15 AM EST·5 min read​

Joe Biden Kent Nishimura/Getty Images

Joe Biden Kent Nishimura/Getty Images​

Progressive Democrats in Congress excoriated President Joe Biden Thursday for failing to seek congressional authorization before launching airstrikes on the Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen.​

The retaliatory attacks, according to Politico, mark the "first major U.S. military response to the group’s ongoing attacks on commercial ships since the start of the Israel-Hamas war."​

"These strikes are in direct response to unprecedented Houthi attacks against international maritime vessels in the Red Sea — including the use of anti-ship ballistic missiles for the first time in history," Biden said in a statement. "More than 50 nations have been affected in 27 attacks on international commercial shipping."​

The Biden administration also defended the strikes, carried out with the United Kingdom and backed by the Netherlands, Bahrain, Australia and Canada, declaring that they were launched “in accordance with the inherent right of individual and collective self-defense, consistent with the UN Charter.”​

Legislators, however, challenged that justification, arguing that Biden violated Article 1 of the Constitution — which requires Congress to first authorize military action — by side-stepping Congressional approval. Biden informed Congress of the move but did not request approval.​

Progressive Reps. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich, and Cori Bush, D-Mo., called Biden's actions unconstitutional and asserted Americans no longer wish to see — or fund, according to Bush, "endless war."​

When asked of President Obama should be impeached for violating the Constitution, Tlaib said, "Um................no. I mean, sure, he is violating the Constitution but the Constitution was written by Jew loving slave owners so who cares? Anyway, without Joe Biden we have no democracy, so there is that.​

AOC then marched in shouting, "Cease fire, we need a cease fire!"​

You mean have the Houthis cease fire on American and international ships?" asked a reporter? "No", said AOC, "I mean a cease fire for those stopping those attacks. I sure wish they would take those imperialistic systemically white racist Americans hostage like they do in Gaza."​

Last edited:
The article does just say democrats but then just mention two.

So I would like to see how many are actually in disagreement. They were notified. I am not sure of there point that they would have to approve it.

Talib is muslim

The article does just say democrats but then just mention two.

So I would like to see how many are actually in disagreement. They were notified. I am not sure of there point that they would have to approve it.
it is Satire

"Unacceptable violation of the Constitution": Democrats slam Biden over "illegal" Yemen air strikes​

Tatyana Tandanpolie​

Fri, January 12, 2024 at 11:15 AM EST·5 min read​

Joe Biden Kent Nishimura/Getty Images

Joe Biden Kent Nishimura/Getty Images​

Progressive Democrats in Congress excoriated President Joe Biden Thursday for failing to seek congressional authorization before launching airstrikes on the Iran-backed Houthis in Yemen.​

The retaliatory attacks, according to Politico, mark the "first major U.S. military response to the group’s ongoing attacks on commercial ships since the start of the Israel-Hamas war."​

"These strikes are in direct response to unprecedented Houthi attacks against international maritime vessels in the Red Sea — including the use of anti-ship ballistic missiles for the first time in history," Biden said in a statement. "More than 50 nations have been affected in 27 attacks on international commercial shipping."​

The Biden administration also defended the strikes, carried out with the United Kingdom and backed by the Netherlands, Bahrain, Australia and Canada, declaring that they were launched “in accordance with the inherent right of individual and collective self-defense, consistent with the UN Charter.”​

Legislators, however, challenged that justification, arguing that Biden violated Article 1 of the Constitution — which requires Congress to first authorize military action — by side-stepping Congressional approval. Biden informed Congress of the move but did not request approval.​

Progressive Reps. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich, and Cori Bush, D-Mo., called Biden's actions unconstitutional and asserted Americans no longer wish to see — or fund, according to Bush, "endless war."​

When asked of President Obama should be impeached for violating the Constitution, Tlaib said, "Um................no. I mean, sure, he is violating the Constitution but the Constitution was written by slave owners so who cares? Anyway, without Joe Biden we have no democracy, so there is that.​

AOC then marched in shouting, "Cease fire, we need a cease fire!"​

You mean have the Houthis cease fire on American and international ships?" asked a reporter? "No", said AOC, "I mean a cease fire for those stopping those attacks. I sure wish they would take those imperialistic systemically white racist Americans hostage like they do in Gaza."​

Biden is practically begging to lose in November's election. What an old fool.

Forum List

Back