Bush Declines Obama's Invitation to Ground Zero

"It was equally gracious on President Bush’s part to allow Obama his moment to celebrate a great success. This is in keeping with Bush’s extremely complimentary reaction to the decisions made and actions taken by President Obama leading to the successful mission."
....And, Lil' Dumbya's realization that the "heat" (on him) is increasing....and, he'll probably need a head-start, sometime soon!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]YouTube - The Hunt For Bin Laden[/ame]​

President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

President Obama’s Vacation Days
January 11, 2010

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?
A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

I know for a fact Reagan spent a LOT of time flying to his ranch in Santa Barbara. Air Force One would be stashed in our hangar when he was in town....a lot. Pretty much shut things down across the way when it was.

POLITICO Forums:Whiteboard: 05/03/2011 @ 08:17 PM - POLITICO.com

BUSH DECLINES NYC INVITE: President Obama invited former President George W. Bush on a visit to Ground Zero on Thursday but Bush has declined, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Obama will travel to the site of the World Trade Center attacks of Sept. 11 in the days following the killing of Osama bin Laden in a U.S. special forces operation in Pakistan. He will meet with families of Sept. 11 victims, according to the Associated Press.

Makes sense.

He really wants out of the spot light as much as possible, it seems. So sharing the occasion would be the opposite of what he wants. And being a deeply religious man, may feel out of sorts celebrating the assassination of another person.

Can't blame Bush at all. I'm pretty picky about who I hang around with too.

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

Shut the Fuck up... Stop Lying... And go Play in Traffic. :thup:

:)

peace...

President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

President Obama’s Vacation Days
January 11, 2010

Q: Has President Obama taken more vacation time than his predecessors?
A: According to one count, Presidents Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush spent more time on "vacation" during their first year than President Obama did. Presidents Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton spent less time on "vacation."

I know for a fact Reagan spent a LOT of time flying to his ranch in Santa Barbara. Air Force One would be stashed in our hangar when he was in town....a lot. Pretty much shut things down across the way when it was.

:doubt:

:)

peace...

i'm sorry. are you my post police?

there is nothing in my post that indicates hatred. i don't hate bush. i DO think he was the worst president we've had in my lifetime and i've just spent the last two days watching the intellectually impaired rightwingnuts talk about how HE was responsible for getting bin laden.

now THAT'S nuts.

and near as i can tell, you've done a bang up job injecting partisan hatred into this thread. :thup:

Can you give me a list of differences between Bush and Obama, Police only... Thanks.

I would like to see how far up or below Obama ranks compared to the "worst president we've had" in your lifetime.

Stem cell research
Health care bill
actually sticking with the plan to get bin laden
not going to war and killing 4k service member based on a lie.

Need more?

DADT gone bye bye

WASHINGTON (AP) — A spokesman for George W. Bush says the former president has declined an invitation from President Barack Obama to attend an observance at New York's ground zero.

The spokesman, David Sherzer, says the former president appreciated the offer to attend but has chosen to remain out of the spotlight during his post-presidency.

Sherzer says Bush celebrates bin Laden's death as an "important victory in the war on terror."

Classy.

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

You libs are still beating this dead horse. Kerry ran on this and lost miserably.

In 2002 Bush was a little bit more concerned with the war in Afghanistan and rebuilding a country and goverment that had been ruled by the Taliban.

As he put it:

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.

BUSH DECLINES NYC INVITE: President Obama invited former President George W. Bush on a visit to Ground Zero on Thursday but Bush has declined, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Obama will travel to the site of the World Trade Center attacks of Sept. 11 in the days following the killing of Osama bin Laden in a U.S. special forces operation in Pakistan. He will meet with families of Sept. 11 victims, according to the Associated Press.

Makes sense.

He really wants out of the spot light as much as possible, it seems. So sharing the occasion would be the opposite of what he wants. And being a deeply religious man, may feel out of sorts celebrating the assassination of another person.

Um....

WASHINGTON (AP) — Sherzer says Bush celebrates bin Laden's death as an "important victory in the war on terror."

Shoots that theory right in the left eye!

You libs are still beating this dead horse. Kerry ran on this and lost miserably.

In 2002 Bush was a little bit more concerned with the war in Afghanistan and rebuilding a country and goverment that had been ruled by the Taliban.

As he put it:

So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did.
Here we see Bush denying he said it, and then tape of him saying it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRY_BOYeySc]YouTube - Bush "truly not concerned" about bin Laden![/ame]

I can't imagine that this isn't just a big photo op for Obama and the 2012 campaign. If Bush realizes that, can you be surprised that he doesnt want to participate?

I heard Obama is getting fitted for a flight suit and the sign is already made. :eusa_whistle:

That faggot would shit his pants being on board an aircraft performing a carrier landing.....that and he really looks gay in a flight suit......

I'm sure President Bush knows that the ass wipe Chucky Schumer will be there trying to get face time and he would be forced to kick his dimwit ass for dissing Houston. I will never go back to New York City, I hated every second I was there........ I don't blame President Bush. I would go to upstate New York though, beautiful country but the ant farm...... no thanks.

I think it was extremely classy of Bush not to go. He had his time in the spotlight and now he will let Obama take the kudos.

Way to go Bush! :D

Why would Bush want to go "celebrate" the death of a terrorist number one, and do it with a little man who had done nothing but blame and speak badly about him.

I also think he knows this will turn into another Wellstone funeral or the Gabby Giffords memorial. It will be just ANOTHER campaign event for the Obama and the Democrats.

I find the whole "celebration" thing tacky. I wouldn't go either.

He should go...Obama should share the spotlight with him.

SEAL team of course can't go....but I'm sure they're getting free beer from their shipmates for a LOOOONG time.

Actually..no..he shouldn't.

Bush and Cheney..and their ideas should be swept into the dustbin of history..and discarded for the utter failures they were.

They deserve nothing but scorn.

OK......this post is definately up for a USMessageBoard Award.:lol: Ive alwys said this dolt is one of the most naive on the forums and he proves it to me time and time again!!!

s0n..........we got OBL prescisely due to Bush/Cheney idea's. And give Obama credit here for keeping Gitmo open against the wishes of k00k heads like this bozo.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTwsMEiI0g]YouTube - Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (long version)[/ame]

It's clear what Bush is saying here.

Because of the invasion of Afghanistan, Bin Laden was on the run, and no longer a threat.

As long as we kept him on the run and in hiding he was "not a conern" because he wasn't able to cause anymore terrorism.

Liberals are trying to construe this as Bush was no longer after Osama, but SINCE IT WAS GITMO WATERBOARDING that extracted the intel to get OBL, nothing could be further from the truth.

Keep lying liberals. The facts will keep blowing up your lies, right in your face.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He had to invite him.

He had to decline.

Political Two-Step to entertain the masses.

"He Had to decline." :eusa_eh:

Umm... how come?

Forum List

Back