Bush Declines Obama's Invitation to Ground Zero

Don't worry guys, I'm sure the OP would be saying the same thing if roles were reversed and Bush invited Obama and he declined.

I'm certain of it..........

He'd be patting Obama on the back...............

Making threads about how smart of a move it was ......................

No doubt about it................................................................................................................

Why would then-president Bush invite Obama to ground zero?

Obviously it was a hypothetical, my point was that you certainly aren't a partisan hack and that you look at all these scenarios with an open mind, giving proper credit/blame when it's due no matter the party.

Oh whoops, i forgot these...................................................................

Quit being such a political hack for the Democratic party. Your party certainly knows how to fuck things up, generally. Obama did good - for once. Savor the moment by shutting your Liberal piehole. Show a little class, for once.

Nobody ever accused Bush of being the smartest man to grace the White House, but at least he knows enough to avoid Obama's total lack of class as he goes to Ground Zero for another in a relentless series of campaign speeches.

It is quite obvious that Obama intends to milk the death of Bin Laden for all it's political value, as tasteless as that is. He could learn something about class from Bush, but then I don't think Obama really gives a damn about anyone but himself.

You mean like throwing the first pitch at Yankee Stadium? How is that any different from what Obama's doing? He should be congratulated. He didn't listen to the critics that insisted we cut-n-run from the AfPak theater. Well done, Mr. President. :clap2:

The AfPak theater?
We're deployed to Pakistan now?
Arm-Chair warrior much?

inviting him was the right thing to do

declining the invitation was the right thing to do

where's the problem?

Inviting him was absolutely the right thing. However, I personally think Bush should have accepted and gone. I think it would send a good message to the country, and to the world. Namely, that it does not matter whether it is a Democrat or a Republican running the country... no one will harm us and go unpunished.

And, then, I'd like to see Obama get tough on terror and chase every damned one of these creatures and send them to meet their Allah.... at which time they will find there is no Allah... and God is seriously pissed at them. No 72 virgins, but eternity in hell.

it bugs you that he did what bush couldn't, huh?

i understand. :thup:

Or.... maybe it was because it was never really THAT important to get Bin Laden. He is just a figurehead. It was far more important to destroy the network. Which, to a large extent, has been done. Had we got Bin Laden in the first couple of years, would we have had the stomach for the real fight... against the real enemy? No, probably not. And it had to be done. I, for one, am glad Bush didn't get him. I'm glad we went after the minions first. Now we've taken out their figurehead... but there are still vast numbers of minions and leaders that we need to remove from the world before this is done.

it bugs you that he did what bush couldn't, huh?

i understand. :thup:

BO didn't do anything. The Bush administration laid the groundwork for what happened. Obama is a typical political hack who takes the glory of what someone else does.

I am very happy that we got him. WE got him, not BO.

What was your personal part in this (assuming you can tell due to classified info)?

I can't imagine that this isn't just a big photo op for Obama and the 2012 campaign. If Bush realizes that, can you be surprised that he doesnt want to participate?

I heard Obama is getting fitted for a flight suit and the sign is already made. :eusa_whistle:

That faggot would shit his pants being on board an aircraft performing a carrier landing.....that and he really looks gay in a flight suit......

It's Republicans who always need planes.

fg48ovemlujfulfv.jpg

Flight-suits are for pussies......

Barack-obama-superman-byron-furgol.jpg

Last edited:
Nobody ever accused Bush of being the smartest man to grace the White House, but at least he knows enough to avoid Obama's total lack of class as he goes to Ground Zero for another in a relentless series of campaign speeches.

It is quite obvious that Obama intends to milk the death of Bin Laden for all it's political value, as tasteless as that is. He could learn something about class from Bush, but then I don't think Obama really gives a damn about anyone but himself.

You mean like throwing the first pitch at Yankee Stadium? How is that any different from what Obama's doing? He should be congratulated. He didn't listen to the critics that insisted we cut-n-run from the AfPak theater. Well done, Mr. President. :clap2:

The AfPak theater?
We're deployed to Pakistan now?
Arm-Chair warrior much?

Where was bin Laden killed? Where have we been sending drones? If you don't think Pakistan is part of the theater, you need to read up before commenting. :cuckoo:

I'm sure President Bush knows that the ass wipe Chucky Schumer will be there trying to get face time and he would be forced to kick his dimwit ass for dissing Houston. I will never go back to New York City, I hated every second I was there........ I don't blame President Bush. I would go to upstate New York though, beautiful country but the ant farm...... no thanks.
.....Especially when you're stumbling-drunk....

AP0808100549.jpg

Why would then-president Bush invite Obama to ground zero?

Obviously it was a hypothetical, my point was that you certainly aren't a partisan hack and that you look at all these scenarios with an open mind, giving proper credit/blame when it's due no matter the party.

Oh whoops, i forgot these...................................................................

Quit being such a political hack for the Democratic party. Your party certainly knows how to fuck things up, generally. Obama did good - for once. Savor the moment by shutting your Liberal piehole. Show a little class, for once.

Name one good thing I've ever said about the democrat party, just one.

You posting about my political leanings gives a great look into how much you know about my level of class.

Kudos.................................................

Can't blame Bush at all. I'm pretty picky about who I hang around with too.

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

It's nice that your Messiah is so much better a man than you are.
"....better a man...."??

Yeah.....that's a nice, subtle way o' describing....

HE WHO KNOWS NO FAILURE!

obama_super.jpg

529.gif

POLITICO Forums:Whiteboard: 05/03/2011 @ 08:17 PM - POLITICO.com

BUSH DECLINES NYC INVITE: President Obama invited former President George W. Bush on a visit to Ground Zero on Thursday but Bush has declined, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Obama will travel to the site of the World Trade Center attacks of Sept. 11 in the days following the killing of Osama bin Laden in a U.S. special forces operation in Pakistan. He will meet with families of Sept. 11 victims, according to the Associated Press.

I think it was extremely classy of Bush not to go. He had his time in the spotlight and now he will let Obama take the kudos.
....For obvious reasons.....

myglory.jpg

One thing about a Swallow post, it brings out the losers to cheer him on. Ya'll would know class if it was attached to your back side. Bush did the right thing, let Obama have his moment, he is getting so few it would be a shame to spoil it.

Can't blame Bush at all. I'm pretty picky about who I hang around with too.

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPTwsMEiI0g]YouTube - Bush: Truly not concerned about bin Laden (long version)[/ame]

It's clear what Bush is saying here.

Because of the invasion of Afghanistan, Bin Laden was on the run, and no longer a threat.

As long as we kept him on the run and in hiding he was "not a conern" because he wasn't able to cause anymore terrorism.

Liberals are trying to construe this as Bush was no longer after Osama.....
handjob.gif

Gee.....yeah.....where did we get THAT idea?????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]YouTube - The Hunt For Bin Laden[/ame]

:eusa_think: . :eusa_think: . :eusa_think: . :eusa_think: . :eusa_think:

POLITICO Forums:Whiteboard: 05/03/2011 @ 08:17 PM - POLITICO.com

BUSH DECLINES NYC INVITE: President Obama invited former President George W. Bush on a visit to Ground Zero on Thursday but Bush has declined, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Obama will travel to the site of the World Trade Center attacks of Sept. 11 in the days following the killing of Osama bin Laden in a U.S. special forces operation in Pakistan. He will meet with families of Sept. 11 victims, according to the Associated Press.

He had to invite him.

He had to decline.

Political Two-Step to entertain the masses.

"He Had to decline." :eusa_eh:

Umm... how come?

He's obviously trying to hide something.

:eusa_eh:

One more time; neither Bush nor Obama deserves the real credit here; that belongs to our intelligence personnel and the military. All either politician did, was let these professionals do their job. This is not an occasion for political grandstanding;it's an occasion for thanking unsung and unknown heroes who do their work in silent anonymity.

Someone called the CIA "desk jockeys". Some of them are, and some are called "field officers". They do the difficult, dangerous, but quiet job no one else wants to do, without personal glory. Some of them have given their lives in the present conflict, as well as before. I worked with some of these people in Vietnam; I came away with profound respect for those men, whose real names I never knew. Some Americans dislike/don't trust the CIA; I do not care; they can watch my back anytime, anywhere. They deserve the same respect as any soldier who puts his life on the line for this nation; they do the same, for even less gratitude than soldiers sometimes receive. They have my respect; they deserve yours as well. That is all.

Name one good thing I've ever said about the democrat party, just one.

You posting about my political leanings gives a great look into how much you know about my level of class.

Kudos.................................................

Drocks an independant

If I had to guess, he's center right with a touch of libertarian.

But a dem party hack, he is not

Forum List

Back