Bush Called Judges that disagreed with him "harmful to democracy"

It doesn't seem that way at all.

Lying about the possible overturning of a law as being *unprecedented* and about how well supported it was...then claiming people are just too stupid (including the fifth district appellate judge, apparently) to understand what he was REALLY talking about, and hinting that overturning an unconstitutional law is "activist"...while the court is still deliberating, is not the same as complaining about a ruling after it has taken place.

I'm sorry you don't have basic reasoning skills. I'm sure it interferes with your daily life.

Translated: "It's only bad when President Obama does it". Thanks for clearing that up for us. Didn't watch the Bush video did you?

stubborn.jpg

Must keep up "Obama is evil" meme at ALL costs.

Did Bush make his comments before or after the ruling?

Did he lie?

Lying about the possible overturning of a law as being *unprecedented* and about how well supported it was...then claiming people are just too stupid (including the fifth district appellate judge, apparently) to understand what he was REALLY talking about, and hinting that overturning an unconstitutional law is "activist"...while the court is still deliberating, is not the same as complaining about a ruling after it has taken place.

I'm sorry you don't have basic reasoning skills. I'm sure it interferes with your daily life.

It's been done by the Court for over 200 years...Statists as Obama wish to bolster the uneducated that it's unprecidented.

It would be unprecedented for the SCOTUS to overturn Congress on an economic issue. Nobody is denying that the SCOTUS has the right to judicial review.

If the Supreme Court accepts the White House’s case that not purchasing insurance counts as economic activity, then it would indeed be unprecedented not to allow this type of regulation. If the SCOTUS finds that there is no economic issue involved, then there is much more precedence.

It's been done by the Court for over 200 years...Statists as Obama wish to bolster the uneducated that it's unprecidented.

It would be unprecedented for the SCOTUS to overturn Congress on an economic issue. Nobody is denying that the SCOTUS has the right to judicial review.

If the Supreme Court accepts the White House’s case that not purchasing insurance counts as economic activity, then it would indeed be unprecedented not to allow this type of regulation. If the SCOTUS finds that there is no economic issue involved, then there is much more precedence.

It is not "unprecedented". No threat, one error.

Translated: "It's only bad when President Obama does it". Thanks for clearing that up for us. Didn't watch the Bush video did you?

stubborn.jpg

Did he lie?

President Obama didn't lie so why should it matter if Bush lied or not? President Obama was called a "thug" for his statements. Is Bush a thug or isn't he? The RW has constantly attacked the judicial branch on their rulings and yet when President Obama does it, he's called a "thug". Is Bush a thug too, yes or no?

President Obama answered a direct question. He wasn't making a prepared statement or speech, just answering a question.

And what IS any issue especially economic that isn't for control over the masses by intrusive Government that doesn't care about Constitutionality?

Overturning Congress on an economic issue would be unprecedented. The key is ECONOMIC.

Overturning Congress on an economic issue would be unprecedented. The key is ECONOMIC.

I see...as the Obama lawyers argued Taxing authority or The Commerce clause...which is it for the mandate?

IS IT Constitutional to force commerce by writ of law for either?

I see...as the Obama lawyers argued Taxing authority or The Commerce clause...which is it for the mandate?

Reagan forced hospitals to accept patients who need medical attention regardless of their ability to pay. This is costing the rest of us an extra $1000 a year. These people can't avoid healthcare. Eventually they are going to go to the hospital. So they can't choose to not have healthcare. Its a necessity and should be a right. But you got to pay for that right. I say we should just go single payer. Actually, I believe the Exchanges coming down the road is a backdoor way to Single Payer. Good Job Obama. :clap2:

Reagan forced hospitals to accept patients who need medical attention regardless of their ability to pay. This is costing the rest of us an extra $1000 a year. These people can't avoid healthcare. Eventually they are going to go to the hospital. So they can't choose to not have healthcare. Its a necessity and should be a right. But you got to pay for that right. I say we should just go single payer. Actually, I believe the Exchanges coming down the road is a backdoor way to Single Payer. Good Job Obama. :clap2:

And you Statists tag along and applaud it...

COBRA...a law written by whom?

And you Statists tag along and applaud it...

COBRA...a law written by whom?

Cobra is a joke. Who can afford it when unemployment only gives you $1500 a month for 5 months?

Uh, Democrats controlled Congress when Reagan was in the White House, so nice lie.

Reagan was probably forced to go along with that bullshit to get tax laws or military spending through Congress. That is how you scumbags work, you blackmail Republican Presidents into signing bills with Democrat goodies in them so we can get other things done.

uh, democrats controlled congress when reagan was in the white house, so nice lie.

Reagan was probably forced to go along with that bullshit to get tax laws or military spending through congress. That is how you scumbags work, you blackmail republican presidents into signing bills with democrat goodies in them so we can get other things done.

i see...as the obama lawyers argued taxing authority or the commerce clause...which is it for the mandate?

Is it constitutional to force commerce by writ of law for either?

reagan forced hospitals to accept patients who need medical attention regardless of their ability to pay. This is costing the rest of us an extra $1000 a year. These people can't avoid healthcare. Eventually they are going to go to the hospital. So they can't choose to not have healthcare. Its a necessity and should be a right. But you got to pay for that right. I say we should just go single payer. Actually, i believe the exchanges coming down the road is a backdoor way to single payer. Good job obama. :clap2:
yep.

stubborn.jpg

Did he lie?

President Obama didn't lie so why should it matter if Bush lied or not? President Obama was called a "thug" for his statements. Is Bush a thug or isn't he? The RW has constantly attacked the judicial branch on their rulings and yet when President Obama does it, he's called a "thug". Is Bush a thug too, yes or no?

President Obama answered a direct question. He wasn't making a prepared statement or speech, just answering a question.

Except -- you lying fuckwit -- President Obama most certainly DID lie.

He said the idea of the SCOTUS overturning his fucking fail of a Bill would be unprecedented. Not only is that flatly false, but President Obama KNEW it was false at the very moment he chose to engage in the deception.

He is akin to you. You are both liars.

And sure. He was "answering" a question. One he knew would be coming. His "answer" was to deliberately lie. He sucks. You love him BECAUSE you don't mind lies from abject liars as long as it's all for "the cause." You filthy asshat.

So much for change. This is nothing, but another fine example how the Obama administration emulates the Bush administration.

Yes they're exactly the same. Bushcare was a horrible health care bill. And Obama should be ashamed for the way he mishandled Katrina.

NO legislation is absolutely a better option than passing shit like ObamaCare.

And ALL Dims ought to be ashamed forever that the witless Democrat Mayor of New Orleans and the pathetic Democrat Governor of Louisiana so badly fucked up the handling of the Katrina disaster.

So much for change. This is nothing, but another fine example how the Obama administration emulates the Bush administration.

Yes they're exactly the same. Bushcare was a horrible health care bill. And Obama should be ashamed for the way he mishandled Katrina.

And ALL Dims ought to be ashamed forever that the witless Democrat Mayor of New Orleans and the pathetic Democrat Governor of Louisiana so badly fucked up the handling of the Katrina disaster.
The same one they tried to lay at Bushs' feet to boot.

What WAS "BushCare"

Care to eleaborate? Or are YOU being obteuse and inventive?

What WAS "BushCare"

OmpaDufus is being sarcastic. President Obama proposed legislation which eventually became "ObamaCare." President Bush got no legislation covering the health care "system [sic]" passed. Oomphy is pretending that there is something in that which serves as a rebuke to President Bush. Of cours,e Oomphy is just plain wrong -- again.

Further, he is alluding to the liberal fraud that the Federal government was "responsible" for the failed Katrina disaster reaction. Of course, he's wrong there, too, since like many libs he cannot accept the fact that it was PRIMARILY a state and local matter.

To the extent the Federal Government was involved (or should have been), I fully agree that FEMA sucked. Brownie did a terrible job. But even so, the job done by Nagin and Blanco was such a massive FAIL it makes the FEMA efforts shine by comparison.

Lying libs like OmmphyDufus cannot accept that fact.

Obama and the Democrats offered options other than the federalized RomneyCare that passed.

And Republicans should be proud when their leaders fuck up?

What WAS "BushCare"

OmpaDufus is being sarcastic. President Obama proposed legislation which eventually became "ObamaCare." President Bush got no legislation covering the health care "system [sic]" passed. Oomphy is pretending that there is something in that which serves as a rebuke to President Bush. Of cours,e Oomphy is just plain wrong -- again.

Further, he is alluding to the liberal fraud that the Federal government was "responsible" for the failed Katrina disaster reaction. Of course, he's wrong there, too, since like many libs he cannot accept the fact that it was PRIMARILY a state and local matter.

To the extent the Federal Government was involved (or should have been), I fully agree that FEMA sucked. Brownie did a terrible job. But even so, the job done by Nagin and Blanco was such a massive FAIL it makes the FEMA efforts shine by comparison.

Lying libs like OmmphyDufus cannot accept that fact.

I see...Back to katrina that a failed Governor, and a failed mayor tried to pin on Bush.

Got it.

Forum List

Back