Budgets

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Why does the US need to increase military spending ?

You spend more than the rest of the world anyway.

Are you planning more wars ?

Stocking up for the upcoming Homo-Islamist purge. Baptists won't fight for free; ya know?

I hope so. But the fact is, saying; "I'll increase military spending..." Is often just pandering for votes. Especially when coming from the left.

I hope so. But the fact is, saying; "I'll increase military spending..." Is often just pandering for votes. Especially when coming from the left.
So its a populist move ?
A bit like saying, in the UK, we will increase spending on the NHS ?

So its a populist move ?
A bit like saying, in the UK, we will increase spending on the NHS ?

I am with you, we have been defending your ungrateful liberal ass for far too long, time to let you guys fend for yourselves.

Republicans want to scare the electorate so they then need to look strong. They say the military is weak because of Democratic party decisions. So they have to increase funding when in power.

Democrats are accused by Republicans of being weak so they too have to increase military funding when in power.

We never want war we're a peaceful people. However, when you hold a really powerful hammer, every foreign challenge looks like a nail.

Republicans want to scare the electorate so they then need to look strong. They say the military is weak because of Democratic party decisions. So they have to increase funding when in power.

Democrats are accused by Republicans of being weak so they too have to increase military funding when in power.

We never want war we're a peaceful people. However, when you hold a really powerful hammer, every foreign challenge looks like a nail.
Thats a great summary. Its a good job there is nothing else to spend tax money on.

Thats a great summary. Its a good job there is nothing else to spend tax money on.
We're a great nation so we have to do great things. Unfortunately great is not always the same a good. It was a great achievement to remove Saddam from power but in hindsight it was a blunder. But we did have good intentions.

Forum List

Back