Bronze and Silver Obamacare Program are GARBAGE - Liberals let’s not forget this.

anyone who is poor on the exchange, also get cost sharing reductions in addition to premium help, which makes their copays, deductibles and out of pocket expenses much less than the shown deductibles....

otherwise, you are right about the insurance plans and their very high deductibles and out of pocket expenses....However what you fail to mention is that individual plans were always expensive....

in 2006, here in Maine when we moved here, before Matthew found a job, we were paying around $700 a month for COBRA, so I priced with Anthem, Blue Cross Blue shield an individual policy for Matt and me and it was $2400 a month for our premium. I was absolutely shell shocked! That was in 2006!!!! We thought the $700 from COBRA was way too high, considering we had no income coming in at that time....boy oh boy were we wrong!!!

My State is like the worst State in the Nation when it comes to health insurance costs....and I have no idea why, other than many of us are rural or maybe no doctors want to live here, unless they are Nature lovers too??? It's just gosh awful here on healthcare costs....

Needless to say, Matt took any job he could at the time, just to get healthcare insurance coverage as a benefit....
Yeah and the people who are not "poor" get to pay more than ever

Nope. People with good jobs which provide benefits such as sponsored health insurance have gotten better coverage with lower yearly increases in premiums since the ACA was passed.

Some employers fucked over their workers by decreasing the portion that they cover, but that's just employers being players.

anyone who is poor on the exchange, also get cost sharing reductions in addition to premium help, which makes their copays, deductibles and out of pocket expenses much less than the shown deductibles....

otherwise, you are right about the insurance plans and their very high deductibles and out of pocket expenses....However what you fail to mention is that individual plans were always expensive....

in 2006, here in Maine when we moved here, before Matthew found a job, we were paying around $700 a month for COBRA, so I priced with Anthem, Blue Cross Blue shield an individual policy for Matt and me and it was $2400 a month for our premium. I was absolutely shell shocked! That was in 2006!!!! We thought the $700 from COBRA was way too high, considering we had no income coming in at that time....boy oh boy were we wrong!!!

My State is like the worst State in the Nation when it comes to health insurance costs....and I have no idea why, other than many of us are rural or maybe no doctors want to live here, unless they are Nature lovers too??? It's just gosh awful here on healthcare costs....

Needless to say, Matt took any job he could at the time, just to get healthcare insurance coverage as a benefit....

Nope. People with good jobs which provide benefits such as sponsored health insurance have gotten better coverage with lower yearly increases in premiums since the ACA was passed.

Some employers fucked over their workers by decreasing the portion that they cover, but that's just employers being players.
Tell that to my employees

I used to pay 90% of their health insurance but now I am faced with a 68% premium increase for my group plan. I will no longer be paying 90% of their insurance ( it will most likely be 60%) and I will most likely pick insurance with higher deductibles and higher out of pocket expenses

only because the coverage of no lifetime caps and all pre-existing conditions being covered....those are expensive improvements...but most Americans, in every poll, whether on the right wing or left wing, in the majority, WANT those two improvements to health insurance.

only because the coverage of no lifetime caps and all pre-existing conditions being covered....those are expensive improvements...but most Americans, in every poll, whether on the right wing or left wing, in the majority, WANT those two improvements to health insurance.

Yeah they WANT them because now they have no CHOICE.

Obammy care has just made people pay for coverage they don't need or want.

For example, Our insurance includes maternity care and pediatric services, even though we don't have kids. I have to pay for drug counseling and rehab coverage even though I do not want or need that, I have to pay for mental health counseling services even though I do not want or need it

I used to pay 90% of their health insurance but now I am faced with a 68% premium increase for my group plan. I will no longer be paying 90% of their insurance ( it will most likely be 60%) and I will most likely pick insurance with higher deductibles and higher out of pocket expenses

You are blaming that on the ACA because you are dishonest.

The rate increases were higher each year before the ACA was passed.

Don't tell me....not where you live. You have been fucked over since the ACA passed. Right?

Maybe you should move. Or give your peeps a nice raise and let them go on the exchange. They will love you for it and you won't have the headache.

For example, Our insurance includes maternity care and pediatric services, even though we don't have kids. I have to pay for drug counseling and rehab coverage even though I do not want or need that, I have to pay for mental health counseling services even though I do not want or need it
I've never had an insurance policy through my work or Matt's work that did not have all of that coverage that you listed above, even before the ACA and did not know group plans for employees could even be bought, without that coverage, before the ACA...?

I know you could buy individual plans where you may be able to somewhat specify what kind of coverage you like, but did not know you could get that kind of specification with an employer sponsored group insurance plan for your employees....?

The Dimcrats complain that people might lose their insurance. Over 90% elect the bronze or silver. These plans are pure garbage and actually the equivalent of no insurance.

For a single person:
Premiums: $300-700 for Bronze, $400-1000

Deductibles $6500 for bronze; $5000 for Silver (so before the insurer pays $1 you have to meet these entire deductibles!)

Co-pays: 60/40 bronze (so after you pay $6500 out of pocket you had to cover 40% of the cost) and 70/30 for Silver

Doctor visit: $40 gen, $60 spec, $200 IR. The Silver isn’t much better

Doctor availability: very small since many doctors opt out.

These programs are absolutely horrible. These are what 90% if Obaminationcare enrollee get into. It is a travesty and an injustice!

View attachment 167648

This sums up Obama’s Presidency, pure garbage. And this is what liberals want to save!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

But it’s better. Really it is.

Man. You sure do sound like a guy who isn't knowledgeable enough to be the dude in charge.

I've never had an insurance policy through my work or Matt's work that did not have all of that coverage that you listed above, even before the ACA and did not know group plans for employees could even be bought, without that coverage, before the ACA...?

I know you could buy individual plans where you may be able to somewhat specify what kind of coverage you like, but did not know you could get that kind of specification with an employer sponsored group insurance plan for your employees....?

He is lying. And he will never own up to it.

Don't tell me....not where you live. You have been fucked over since the ACA passed. Right?

Maybe you should move. Or give your peeps a nice raise and let them gone on the exchange. They will love you for it and you won't have the headache.

No I have NEVER seen an increase that high the past few years increases have been anywhere from about 15 to 22%.

Yeah give them a raise and they lose the pretax deduction, pay more in income tax while my payroll, unemployment and workman's comp taxes go up.

I have the feeling that since now people can opt out with no tax penalty that some of them will decide to drop insurance altogether.

The ACA is a shit law that only could have come from one whacked out political party and pushed through by the barest of margins.

The only thing more fucked up than the ACA is the eight year lie the GOP told us, that they had a better plan.

DC is a fucking disgrace.

Funny as a male I never has a policy that covered OBGYN and maternity. As person with no kids I never had an insurance policy that covered pediatric medical, dental and optical services but I do now. And I never paid for drug counseling and rehab but I do now

He's in a different state. In over 20 years where I'm located all group plans had maternity on them whether you liked it or not and all covered pre-existing conditions. Some parts of the ACA always looked like they were partially designed from group benefits. Over 50 man groups were underwritten and some conditions put on them for 12 months. Group rates used to be quite a bit more expensive than individual but now the gap is closing between individual and group and that is because of the essential health benefits and pre x.

He is lying. And he will never own up to it.

Maybe you should move. Or give your peeps a nice raise and let them gone on the exchange. They will love you for it and you won't have the headache.

No I have NEVER seen an increase that high the past few years increases have been anywhere from about 15 to 22%.

Yeah give them a raise and they lose the pretax deduction, pay more in income tax while my payroll, unemployment and workman's comp taxes go up.

I have the feeling that since now people can opt out with no tax penalty that some of them will decide to drop insurance altogether.

No they won't. Unless they are irresponsible and stupid. They may seek other employment as their boss is incompetent and dishonest.

upload_2017-12-24_10-20-34.png

The ACA is a shit law that only could have come from one whacked out political party and pushed through by the barest of margins.

The only thing more fucked up than the ACA is the eight year lie the GOP told us, that they had a better plan.

DC is a fucking disgrace.

You still think the ACA is what the Dems wanted. How cute.

No they won't. Unless they are irresponsible and stupid. They may seek other employment as their boss is incompetent and dishonest.

Yeah that's why I have such a low turnover rate

The penalty doesn't end until 12/31/2018.

Is open enrollment still going on in your state?

Forum List

Back