The republicans are brilliant

Discussion in 'ObamaCare' started by airplanemechanic, Dec 21, 2017.

1. airplanemechanic

airplanemechanic Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,784
    They way that they passed this tax reform bill, repealing just the mandated tax penalty for not having insurance, was brilliant beyond measure. It ensures that the liberals can't say that republicans cost anyone their health care. Because simply repealing the mandate ensures that anyone that is only on Obamacare because of the tax penalty has the right to leave.

Meaning....everyone who "loses" insurance because of it lost it of their own free will. It will also all but ensure that Obamacare will collapse under its own weight when millions back out because they don't want it anyway.

If a program is only successful because you punish anyone who doesn't participate, is it really successful at all?

Unbelievably smart.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,191
    Yeah, imagine a world where you can choose to have no fucking health insurance. What a great world that is.

Yes, you have a govt that pays MORE per capita on healthcare than the UK with the NHS and you can actually CHOOSE no healthcare, while those suckers in the UK pay LESS and they're forced to actually have permanent healthcare coverage.

Wouldn't it suck to live in the UK where if you have a medical problem, you can actually get it sorted out even if you're fucking poor. YOU ESS AY! YOU ESS AY! YOU ASS AY! YOU ASS AY! YOU ASS HOLE!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. airplanemechanic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,784
    We aren't the UK. Fuck the UK and their kings and queens. We don't play dat shit. We whipped the UK's ass in a war to gain our freedom from their "royal family" bullshit.

Fuck the UK.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. frigidweirdo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,191
    Ah, the good old Republican view point. The view point that doesn't consider anything, and just say "fuck this, fuck that" instead of being able to use the good old brain to come up with something semi-intelligent.

5. airplanemechanic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,784
    The semi intelligent thing was the OP. I tend to reply stupid to stupid.

I said its great that people have a choice of not getting healthcare without a penalty (since when can the gov't FORCE you to buy anything? that's not legal!) and you brought up the UK.

I don't care about the UK. If you want to talk about the UK go somewhere else. This thread is about the US and our healthcare system.

6. JoeB131

JoeB131 Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,189
    Unbelievably stupid. So what you are going to have is people buying insurance ONLY IF THEY ARE SICK. You see, when you tell insurance companies they can't refuse treatment and can't disqualify people for pre-existing conditions, you've pretty much set up a situation where people can buy car insurance AFTER they've had an accident.

7. airplanemechanic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,784
    Well, telling people you HAVE to buy insurance is not legal.

I don't have to buy anything. This is America.

If the only way liberals can make a health care system work is to FORCE people to use it under tax penalty and eventually arrest if they refuse to pay the tax penalty, it's not a good system.

Its not our fault the best you people could come up with was Obummer care.

Hey nobody is losing insurance. Those nasty republicans didn't kill off grandma. If they lose it its completely their choice. Remember, this is America, where we have freedom to choose.

You liberals are all about being pro choice. Why not with health care? Why can't I choose not to have health care? If I can choose to kill my baby and suck them out through a tube with your full support?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  8. frigidweirdo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,191
    No, it's not great that people have a choice of not getting healthcare at all. It fucking sucks.

Whether there's a penalty or not, it's either the Democrats screwing you over or the Republicans screwing you over.

9. frigidweirdo

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,191
    Yeah, let's treat people like they're cars.

10. airplanemechanic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,784
    How are republicans screwing you over by saying you have a choice? How is freedom a choose "screwing you over?"

Is this what the liberal party has come to?

I thought ya'll were the party of pro choice?