Bronze and Silver Obamacare Program are GARBAGE - Liberals let’s not forget this.

anyone who is poor on the exchange, also get cost sharing reductions in addition to premium help, which makes their copays, deductibles and out of pocket expenses much less than the shown deductibles....

otherwise, you are right about the insurance plans and their very high deductibles and out of pocket expenses....However what you fail to mention is that individual plans were always expensive....

in 2006, here in Maine when we moved here, before Matthew found a job, we were paying around $700 a month for COBRA, so I priced with Anthem, Blue Cross Blue shield an individual policy for Matt and me and it was $2400 a month for our premium. I was absolutely shell shocked! That was in 2006!!!! We thought the $700 from COBRA was way too high, considering we had no income coming in at that time....boy oh boy were we wrong!!!

My State is like the worst State in the Nation when it comes to health insurance costs....and I have no idea why, other than many of us are rural or maybe no doctors want to live here, unless they are Nature lovers too??? It's just gosh awful here on healthcare costs....

Needless to say, Matt took any job he could at the time, just to get healthcare insurance coverage as a benefit....
Yeah and the people who are not "poor" get to pay more than ever
only because the coverage of no lifetime caps and all pre-existing conditions being covered....those are expensive improvements...but most Americans, in every poll, whether on the right wing or left wing, in the majority, WANT those two improvements to health insurance.

Yeah they WANT them because now they have no CHOICE.

Obammy care has just made people pay for coverage they don't need or want.

For example, Our insurance includes maternity care and pediatric services, even though we don't have kids. I have to pay for drug counseling and rehab coverage even though I do not want or need that, I have to pay for mental health counseling services even though I do not want or need it
I've never had an insurance policy through my work or Matt's work that did not have all of that coverage that you listed above, even before the ACA and did not know group plans for employees could even be bought, without that coverage, before the ACA...?

I know you could buy individual plans where you may be able to somewhat specify what kind of coverage you like, but did not know you could get that kind of specification with an employer sponsored group insurance plan for your employees....?

He's in a different state. In over 20 years where I'm located all group plans had maternity on them whether you liked it or not and all covered pre-existing conditions. Some parts of the ACA always looked like they were partially designed from group benefits. Over 50 man groups were underwritten and some conditions put on them for 12 months. Group rates used to be quite a bit more expensive than individual but now the gap is closing between individual and group and that is because of the essential health benefits and pre x.

GAps are closing my ass.

I could not offer insurance at all since we only have 16 employees

Nope. People with good jobs which provide benefits such as sponsored health insurance have gotten better coverage with lower yearly increases in premiums since the ACA was passed.

Some employers fucked over their workers by decreasing the portion that they cover, but that's just employers being players.
Tell that to my employees

I used to pay 90% of their health insurance but now I am faced with a 68% premium increase for my group plan. I will no longer be paying 90% of their insurance ( it will most likely be 60%) and I will most likely pick insurance with higher deductibles and higher out of pocket expenses

You are blaming that on the ACA because you are dishonest.

The rate increases were higher each year before the ACA was passed.

Don't tell me....not where you live. You have been fucked over since the ACA passed. Right?

Maybe you should move. Or give your peeps a nice raise and let them gone on the exchange. They will love you for it and you won't have the headache.

No I have NEVER seen an increase that high the past few years increases have been anywhere from about 15 to 22%.

Yeah give them a raise and they lose the pretax deduction, pay more in income tax while my payroll, unemployment and workman's comp taxes go up.

I have the feeling that since now people can opt out with no tax penalty that some of them will decide to drop insurance altogether.

No they won't. Unless they are irresponsible and stupid. They may seek other employment as their boss is incompetent and dishonest.

Yeah that's why I have such a low turnover rate

I don't know what you have in terms of turnover. I know that you are lying about the impact that the ACA has had on your benefit schedule.

I used to pay 90% of their health insurance but now I am faced with a 68% premium increase for my group plan. I will no longer be paying 90% of their insurance ( it will most likely be 60%) and I will most likely pick insurance with higher deductibles and higher out of pocket expenses

Don't tell me....not where you live. You have been fucked over since the ACA passed. Right?

Maybe you should move. Or give your peeps a nice raise and let them gone on the exchange. They will love you for it and you won't have the headache.

No I have NEVER seen an increase that high the past few years increases have been anywhere from about 15 to 22%.

Yeah give them a raise and they lose the pretax deduction, pay more in income tax while my payroll, unemployment and workman's comp taxes go up.

I have the feeling that since now people can opt out with no tax penalty that some of them will decide to drop insurance altogether.

No they won't. Unless they are irresponsible and stupid. They may seek other employment as their boss is incompetent and dishonest.

Yeah that's why I have such a low turnover rate

I don't know what you have in terms of turnover. I know that you are lying about the impact that the ACA has had on your benefit schedule.

Prove I am lying.

Prove that premium page was not sent to me by Anthem BCBS

anyone who is poor on the exchange, also get cost sharing reductions in addition to premium help, which makes their copays, deductibles and out of pocket expenses much less than the shown deductibles....

otherwise, you are right about the insurance plans and their very high deductibles and out of pocket expenses....However what you fail to mention is that individual plans were always expensive....

in 2006, here in Maine when we moved here, before Matthew found a job, we were paying around $700 a month for COBRA, so I priced with Anthem, Blue Cross Blue shield an individual policy for Matt and me and it was $2400 a month for our premium. I was absolutely shell shocked! That was in 2006!!!! We thought the $700 from COBRA was way too high, considering we had no income coming in at that time....boy oh boy were we wrong!!!

My State is like the worst State in the Nation when it comes to health insurance costs....and I have no idea why, other than many of us are rural or maybe no doctors want to live here, unless they are Nature lovers too??? It's just gosh awful here on healthcare costs....

Needless to say, Matt took any job he could at the time, just to get healthcare insurance coverage as a benefit....

Nope. People with good jobs which provide benefits such as sponsored health insurance have gotten better coverage with lower yearly increases in premiums since the ACA was passed.

Some employers fucked over their workers by decreasing the portion that they cover, but that's just employers being players.

Put a pencil to it Skull....even with you having to match the payroll taxes on the raise, you then are only having to give merit raises from that point onward, which at max would probably be around 5% a year, and this may come out to less than having to pay for the health insurance yearly increases....

It is back in to your own hands, you would be in control and not the insurance companies on what you spend on total compensation.

only because the coverage of no lifetime caps and all pre-existing conditions being covered....those are expensive improvements...but most Americans, in every poll, whether on the right wing or left wing, in the majority, WANT those two improvements to health insurance.

For example, Our insurance includes maternity care and pediatric services, even though we don't have kids. I have to pay for drug counseling and rehab coverage even though I do not want or need that, I have to pay for mental health counseling services even though I do not want or need it
I've never had an insurance policy through my work or Matt's work that did not have all of that coverage that you listed above, even before the ACA and did not know group plans for employees could even be bought, without that coverage, before the ACA...?

I know you could buy individual plans where you may be able to somewhat specify what kind of coverage you like, but did not know you could get that kind of specification with an employer sponsored group insurance plan for your employees....?

He's in a different state. In over 20 years where I'm located all group plans had maternity on them whether you liked it or not and all covered pre-existing conditions. Some parts of the ACA always looked like they were partially designed from group benefits. Over 50 man groups were underwritten and some conditions put on them for 12 months. Group rates used to be quite a bit more expensive than individual but now the gap is closing between individual and group and that is because of the essential health benefits and pre x.

GAps are closing my ass.

Gaps meaning the individual plans are getting closer to group rates not the reverse.

Put a pencil to it Skull....even with you having to match the payroll taxes on the raise, you then are only having to give merit raises from that point onward, which at max would probably be around 5% a year, and this may come out to less than having to pay for the health insurance yearly increases....

It is back in to your own hands, you would be in control and not the insurance companies on what you spend on total compensation.

So you think giving all my employees a 2 to 3 thousand dollar a year raise is going to lower my costs?

After all I can't just give raises to people who are on insurance

GAps are closing my ass.

Gaps meaning the individual plans are getting closer to group rates not the reverse.

Yeah and my group rates went up 68% over last year

BEcause you're too brainwashed to think for yourself and you don't know shit about employing people and the costs involved

I'm a one man show now. But between 1996 and 2001 I managed the benefits of 14 employees and saw yearly double digits premium increases, strange provider shifts and denial of coverage. It sucked.

Prove it

I posted my premium page

GAps are closing my ass.

Doesn't insurance companies in your state offer group health plans for employers under 20? Hell, most states offer group health plans for 3 employees.

Next he will tell us that he's being forced to buy that health insurance by the gubmint.

He should stop providing coverage and let his employees get covered on the exchange. Save himself a shit ton of headache.

GAps are closing my ass.

Doesn't insurance companies in your state offer group health plans for employers under 20? Hell, most states offer group health plans for 3 employees.

My god can't you read?

I said my GROUP plan premium is going up 68% over last year

Next he will tell us that he's being forced to buy that health insurance by the gubmint.

He should stop providing coverage and let his employees get covered on the exchange. Save himself a shit ton of headache.

Hey ASSWIPE, I already said I do not have to provide insurance since we have less than 50 employees but if I cut it you'd complain about that too

GAps are closing my ass.

My god can't you read?

My God can't you see you couldn't offer group because you were under 16 employees? Can't you fucking understand the gap, individual rates went up on an average in some state 50%, therefore getting close to your rate increase. My god quit your bitching when someone is trying to help and understand your situation. Just set up a high deductible HSA make your employee's pay 50% of their own goddamn premium and put 30% of what you used to pay for them in an HSA for them. If you don't want suggestions or help then don't come here bitching.

Hey ASSWIPE, I already said I do not have to provide insurance since we have less than 50 employees but if I cut it you'd complain about that too

Awesome. An honest statement. You are providing coverage willfully. Great.

Think about your employees. They can likely get a subsidised plan on the exchange for far less than you claim to be paying. Just give them a raise to cover the cost. It's a win-win.

Thanks Obama!

GAps are closing my ass.

My god can't you read?

My God can't you see you couldn't offer group because you were under 16 employees? Can't you fucking understand the gap, individual rates went up on an average in some state 50%, therefore getting close to your rate increase. My god quit your bitching when someone is trying to help and understand your situation. Just set up a high deductible HSA make your employee's pay 50% of their own goddamn premium and put 30% of what you used to pay for them in an HSA for them. If you don't want suggestions or help then don't come here bitching.
Skull Pilot, she knows what she's talking about. If you want help, maybe consider her a resource.

So you think giving all my employees a 2 to 3 thousand dollar a year raise is going to lower my costs?

After all I can't just give raises to people who are on insurance
You are spending the money on health care insurance right now skull, and you are getting a tax write off for what you are paying in health insurance BECAUSE that money is considered to be employee compensation/salary...that is what is in the tax code.

You would have the increase of having to pay matching payroll taxes to match that salary increase, but if as you claim, health insurance costs for your portion of the employer/employee plan is rising 15% A YEAR as you all claim, then YES, it could be less in the long run for you.

while still giving your employees an outlet for health insurance through the exchange with subsidy and even cost sharing reduction, benefits, depending on what they earn.

We all know you don't have to provide group to under 50. I certainly don't care if you drop the group plan, there are plenty of small employers who have done just that and their employees went elsewhere to get their insurance.

GAps are closing my ass.

My god can't you read?

I am offering group insurance you idiot

Forum List

Back