Bronze and Silver Obamacare Program are GARBAGE - Liberals let’s not forget this.

He's in a different state. In over 20 years where I'm located all group plans had maternity on them whether you liked it or not and all covered pre-existing conditions. Some parts of the ACA always looked like they were partially designed from group benefits. Over 50 man groups were underwritten and some conditions put on them for 12 months. Group rates used to be quite a bit more expensive than individual but now the gap is closing between individual and group and that is because of the essential health benefits and pre x.

GAps are closing my ass.

I could not offer insurance at all since we only have 16 employees

Doesn't insurance companies in your state offer group health plans for employers under 20? Hell, most states offer group health plans for 3 employees.

My god can't you read?

I said my GROUP plan premium is going up 68% over last year

My God can't you see you couldn't offer group because you were under 16 employees? Can't you fucking understand the gap, individual rates went up on an average in some state 50%, therefore getting close to your rate increase. My god quit your bitching when someone is trying to help and understand your situation. Just set up a high deductible HSA make your employee's pay 50% of their own goddamn premium and put 30% of what you used to pay for them in an HSA for them. If you don't want suggestions or help then don't come here bitching.

I am offering group insurance you idiot

I'm done here.

You are blaming that on the ACA because you are dishonest.

The rate increases were higher each year before the ACA was passed.

Don't tell me....not where you live. You have been fucked over since the ACA passed. Right?

Maybe you should move. Or give your peeps a nice raise and let them gone on the exchange. They will love you for it and you won't have the headache.

No I have NEVER seen an increase that high the past few years increases have been anywhere from about 15 to 22%.

Yeah give them a raise and they lose the pretax deduction, pay more in income tax while my payroll, unemployment and workman's comp taxes go up.

I have the feeling that since now people can opt out with no tax penalty that some of them will decide to drop insurance altogether.
Put a pencil to it Skull....even with you having to match the payroll taxes on the raise, you then are only having to give merit raises from that point onward, which at max would probably be around 5% a year, and this may come out to less than having to pay for the health insurance yearly increases....

It is back in to your own hands, you would be in control and not the insurance companies on what you spend on total compensation.

Next he will tell us that he's being forced to buy that health insurance by the gubmint.

He should stop providing coverage and let his employees get covered on the exchange. Save himself a shit ton of headache.

Hey ASSWIPE, I already said I do not have to provide insurance since we have less than 50 employees but if I cut it you'd complain about that too

Awesome. An honest statement. You are providing coverage willfully. Great.

Think about your employees. They can likely get a subsidised plan on the exchange for far less than you claim to be paying. Just give them a raise to cover the cost. It's a win-win.

Thanks Obama!

Once again you show you utter ignorance

He's in a different state. In over 20 years where I'm located all group plans had maternity on them whether you liked it or not and all covered pre-existing conditions. Some parts of the ACA always looked like they were partially designed from group benefits. Over 50 man groups were underwritten and some conditions put on them for 12 months. Group rates used to be quite a bit more expensive than individual but now the gap is closing between individual and group and that is because of the essential health benefits and pre x.

GAps are closing my ass.

Doesn't insurance companies in your state offer group health plans for employers under 20? Hell, most states offer group health plans for 3 employees.

My god can't you read?

My God can't you see you couldn't offer group because you were under 16 employees? Can't you fucking understand the gap, individual rates went up on an average in some state 50%, therefore getting close to your rate increase. My god quit your bitching when someone is trying to help and understand your situation. Just set up a high deductible HSA make your employee's pay 50% of their own goddamn premium and put 30% of what you used to pay for them in an HSA for them. If you don't want suggestions or help then don't come here bitching.

Everyone is an idiot. Except the guy who is swallowing a 68% increase when he doesn't have to.

GAps are closing my ass.

My god can't you read?

Everyone is an idiot. Except the guy who is swallowing a 68% increase when he doesn't have to.
Never said I was swallowing, that's your thing

The Dimcrats complain that people might lose their insurance. Over 90% elect the bronze or silver. These plans are pure garbage and actually the equivalent of no insurance.

For a single person:
Premiums: $300-700 for Bronze, $400-1000

Deductibles $6500 for bronze; $5000 for Silver (so before the insurer pays $1 you have to meet these entire deductibles!)

Co-pays: 60/40 bronze (so after you pay $6500 out of pocket you had to cover 40% of the cost) and 70/30 for Silver

Doctor visit: $40 gen, $60 spec, $200 IR. The Silver isn’t much better

Doctor availability: very small since many doctors opt out.

These programs are absolutely horrible. These are what 90% if Obaminationcare enrollee get into. It is a travesty and an injustice!

View attachment 167648

This sums up Obama’s Presidency, pure garbage. And this is what liberals want to save!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I'm not sure where you are getting these numbers. I shopped to see the prices and all of the silver premiums I saw were under $250.

Then I compare it to my plan at work, that comes with a $680 premium. It's clear that the reason premiums are high is because medical costs are high.

Obamacare Bronze only pays 60% hello.

Before the ACA they didn't HAVE TO pay shit.

Go back to your Oreo's and milk :itsok:

What's that, dummy? Have a problem with someone who knows the subject? Too bad. Run.

You know jack shit lib clown, do you even know what an insurance policy is? Hint POLICY.

You do know you are one stupid fuck, don't you? Go get a life punk.

:crybaby: Blues debunked my fake news post. Your new name is Deflect-o-potomus.

Co-pays: 60/40 bronze (so after you pay $6500 out of pocket you had to cover 40% of the cost)

No, that's not how that works. Once you hit your out-of-pocket limit, you paying nothing further out-of-pocket (your insurer pays 100% of expenses from that point forward).

That's why it's called an out-of-pocket limit.

Co-pays: 60/40 bronze (so after you pay $6500 out of pocket you had to cover 40% of the cost)

No, that's not how that works. Once you hit your out-of-pocket limit, you paying nothing further out-of-pocket (your insurer pays 100% of expenses from that point forward).

The maximum out of pocket limit for 2017 is $7,150 for an individual or $14,300 for a family. So in this example the individual pays 100% out of pocket up front for the deductible of $6,500, then 40% until the remaining $600 of the maximum out of pocket per year is paid, then the insurance company pays 100%. Of course they also have to pay their premiums so monthly premiums plus up to $7,150 per year.

The maximum out of pocket limit for 2017 is $7,150 for an individual or $14,300 for a family. So in this example the individual pays 100% out of pocket up front for the deductible of $6,500, then 40% until the remaining $600 of the maximum out of pocket per year is paid, then the insurance company pays 100%. Of course they also have to pay their premiums so monthly premiums plus up to $7,150 per year.
Okay, but you didnt finish your thought. Compare those expenses to all of it being out of pocket. Maybe use a compound fracture of the leg requiring surgery and physical therapy. Estimated cost: $50,000.

Which puts to bed the lie that a bronze plan doesn't provide any financial protection. It offers protection from literally all medical expenses in excess of ~$7K in this example.

The Dimcrats complain that people might lose their insurance. Over 90% elect the bronze or silver. These plans are pure garbage and actually the equivalent of no insurance.

For a single person:
Premiums: $300-700 for Bronze, $400-1000

Deductibles $6500 for bronze; $5000 for Silver (so before the insurer pays $1 you have to meet these entire deductibles!)

Co-pays: 60/40 bronze (so after you pay $6500 out of pocket you had to cover 40% of the cost) and 70/30 for Silver

Doctor visit: $40 gen, $60 spec, $200 IR. The Silver isn’t much better

Doctor availability: very small since many doctors opt out.

These programs are absolutely horrible. These are what 90% if Obaminationcare enrollee get into. It is a travesty and an injustice!

View attachment 167648

This sums up Obama’s Presidency, pure garbage. And this is what liberals want to save!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

RIGHT! Let's return to the good old days when health underwriters, like me, were paid to decline these people completely, leaving them with no insurance whatsoever!

Okay, but you didnt finish your thought. Compare those expenses to all of it being out of pocket. Maybe use a compound fracture of the leg requiring surgery and physical therapy. Estimated cost: $50,000.

Your point is?

Which puts to bed the lie that a bronze plan doesn't provide any financial protection. It offers protection from literally all medical expenses in excess of ~$7K in this example.

Catastrophic plans used to cost young healthy people MUCH less than $7,150 a year, thanks to Obama and the Dem's they are paying a LOT more while most don't have any healthcare expenses per year at all. They stole thousands of dollars from young healthy people and gifted it to the deadbeats.

Catastrophic plans used to cost young healthy people MUCH less than $7,150 a year, thanks to Obama and the Dem's they are paying a LOT more while most don't have any healthcare expenses per year at all. They stole thousands of dollars from young healthy people and gifted it to the deadbeats.

If they don't have health care expenses then they aren't hitting their out-of-pocket limit.

If they don't have health care expenses then they aren't hitting their out-of-pocket limit.

They still have to pay premiums each month and you can't even purchase one unless you are age 29 or younger. As soon as you hit 30 you are forced onto the bronze plan or some other bloated expensive shit Obamacare plan.

They still have to pay premiums each month and you can't even purchase one unless you are age 29 or younger. As soon as you hit 30 you are forced onto the bronze plan or some other bloated expensive shit Obamacare plan.

Yes, they pay premiums for their insurance. What a travesty.

Silver plans are fine. Better than what was available to middle class workers pre-ACA.

Bullshit. Any professional group plan for self-employed was FAR better in terms of out of pocket money. Obama OUTLAWED them. Including mine. Tossed me and most lawyers, dentists, accounts, restaurant owners, consultants, veterinarians - --- into the cess POOL. Any poor person from the "medicaid expansion" into the pool is gonna be financially RUINED if they ever get seriously ill.. It's crap. Poor people ADDED to the pool from Medicaid are getting screwed. Includes a BUNCH of lower middle class folks who now qualify for Medicaid but end up holding these useless policies..

Silver plans are fine. Better than what was available to middle class workers pre-ACA.

Bullshit. Any professional group plan for self-employed was FAR better in terms of out of pocket money. Obama OUTLAWED them. Including mine. Tossed me and most lawyers, dentists, accounts, restaurant owners, consultants, veterinarians - --- into the cess POOL. Any poor person from the "medicaid expansion" into the pool is gonna be financially RUINED if they ever get seriously ill.. It's crap. Poor people ADDED to the pool from Medicaid are getting screwed. Includes a BUNCH of lower middle class folks who now qualify for Medicaid but end up holding these useless policies..

Whoa! You've blown me away with your emotional response. You were tossed into the CESSPOOL!

Poor baby! How did you survive? Did ya pull yourself up by the bootstraps? I'll bet you did! You da man!

Whoa! You've blown me away with your emotional response. You were tossed into the CESSPOOL!

Poor baby! How did you survive? Did ya pull yourself up by the bootstraps? I'll bet you did! You da man!

Oh yeah.. It's hysterical ain't it? I had a professionally managed and brokered plan with about 150 years of insurance experience to negotiate for me and answer questions. NOW -- I got a broken ass website that looks like it was designed by morons and a "HealthCare Navigator" on a 40 minute hold who was pushing a Hot Dog cart in Brooklyn last week. Guy has NO CLUE what insurance terminology means or how to use a fucking calculator.

It's a blast Laugh it up. Folks are gonna go bankrupt if they ever need to USE this junk insurance. I can AFFORD the deductibles and out of pocket, but they DOUBLE my medical insurance and expenses every year.

Funny shit ain't for a leftist...

Oh yeah.. It's hysterical ain't it? I had a professionally managed and brokered plan with about 150 years of insurance experience to negotiate for me and answer questions. NOW -- I got a broken ass website that looks like it was designed by morons and a "HealthCare Navigator" on a 40 minute hold who was pushing a Hot Dog cart in Brooklyn last week. Guy has NO CLUE what insurance terminology means or how to use a fucking calculator.

It's a blast Laugh it up. Folks are gonna go bankrupt if they ever need to USE this junk insurance. I can AFFORD the deductibles and out of pocket, but they DOUBLE my medical insurance and expenses every year.

Funny shit ain't for a leftist...

You are lying. You have no shame.

Forum List

Back