Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that many of you are crying about not having the ability to say something in private that you don't want to say in public.

What's that about? But you can still have private conversations with people.

Seems to me that many of you are crying about not having the ability to say something in private that you don't want to say in public.

For one who claims to be so smart...

It's more a matter of convenience for me. I could pos rep someone and, in doing so, the process allowed for the opportunity to offer a comment about that which was repped. Sometimes I liked to say things that were not necessarily pertinent or important to the discussion, things that could derail the discussion topic, so for me it's not a matter of saying something in private that I don't want to or wouldn't say publicly. That is not a malady from which I suffer... much to my wife's dismay...

I really don't understand what the big deal is either. If you want to say something to someone, then private message them. Lol. First world problems.

you crack me up jake, no self awareness.....

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.

that is a flat out lie jake. i never engaged in a neg rep war, let alone a collective neg rep "assault". at least you admit scat did, what you fail to admit is your neg rep wars you lying POS.

It's more a matter of convenience for me. I could pos rep someone and, in doing so, the process allowed for the opportunity to offer a comment about that which was repped. Sometimes I liked to say things that were not necessarily pertinent or important to the discussion, things that could derail the discussion topic, so for me it's not a matter of saying something in private that I don't want to or wouldn't say publicly. That is not a malady from which I suffer... much to my wife's dismay...

so, you're complaint is that that you have to push an extra button or two to pass a long a private message?

Jesus son.

Why can't you just post a comment? Say, hey, way to go, great post! Or whatever. I don't understand what all the fuss is about with this rep stuff. I found it rather redundant (as is agree, like, informative - we really only need ONE, IMO).

Although, yes, comments were fun, they are not the reason why I participate here, and you can still make comments on other's posts if you so choose.

Rep was a form of shorthand. I means by which you could communicate both positively and negatively with what was little more than a click of the mouse.

Accompanying rep was the ability to send short text messages. Some of them were more creative than others again both positive and negative.

While it is still possible to engage in short PM conversations they are unrelated to the posts themselves. They require more work and that is what most here are missing. The ability to have a quick and easy means to respond to a post.

Yes, I too miss that aspect however I do not miss the neg repping aspect one iota. It was destructive and disruptive and generated a lot of antagonism amongst posters. Those hard feelings are still evident today in this thread.

So no, don't bring back rep as far as I am concerned but if there is a means to send a quick PM from a post to the poster concerned then yes, I am all for that.

Or at a minimum the dreaded rex X.
Most conservatives are indeed childish, rather than explain in a post why you disagree with a given position, you resort instead to infantile 'x's' and 'negs.'

You really need an explanation on why you disagree with ShootSpeeders, Tank, francoloco, cultsmasher, etc? Really?? They aren't worth the time to give an explanation, a neg/red x let's them know you don't agree, plus you can comment with the rep.

Why can't you just post a comment? Say, hey, way to go, great post! Or whatever. I don't understand what all the fuss is about with this rep stuff. I found it rather redundant (as is agree, like, informative - we really only need ONE, IMO).

Although, yes, comments were fun, they are not the reason why I participate here, and you can still make comments on other's posts if you so choose.

Because rep comments were private. Posting what you'd post in a private comment in a public post doesn't cut it. At all. Rep comments fostered conversation between posters. I totally miss that.

The people commenting on the necessity or pleasure of the rep system's ability to provide a quick format for messaging (at least the ones on this page) have posted join dates in July and August 2014.

Uh ... I haven't been here much longer, but really enjoyed the way the rep system allowed you to give a nod to someone ... And pass them a personal note quickly.

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.

You and Stat came up with a way to punish some posters .... and you call others childish? You whine about being neg repped to the mods .. and you have the nerve to call others whiners? "Take away your collective power"? WHAT POWER??? Rep is meaningless, REMEMBER?? What childish assholes you both are. You think you figured a way to pull one over on those you claim abused the rep system? You moron, you screwed it for everyone, you ruined it for those of us (the majority, BOTH SIDES) who used the rep system as it should be used. In your plan to punish those 'abuser' posters, did it ever, ever occur to you that disabling the abusers ability to use the rep feature would do the trick? You just had to ruin it for the rest of us? Wow, just wow. Now we all know that Jake and Stat are responsible for the pussification of this place.

X

Because rep comments were private. Posting what you'd post in a private comment in a public post doesn't cut it. At all. Rep comments fostered conversation between posters. I totally miss that.

So? Send them a private message then . . .

Rep was a form of shorthand. I means by which you could communicate both positively and negatively with what was little more than a click of the mouse.

Accompanying rep was the ability to send short text messages. Some of them were more creative than others again both positive and negative.

While it is still possible to engage in short PM conversations they are unrelated to the posts themselves. They require more work and that is what most here are missing. The ability to have a quick and easy means to respond to a post.

Yes, I too miss that aspect however I do not miss the neg repping aspect one iota. It was destructive and disruptive and generated a lot of antagonism amongst posters. Those hard feelings are still evident today in this thread.

So no, don't bring back rep as far as I am concerned but if there is a means to send a quick PM from a post to the poster concerned then yes, I am all for that.

There is. It's called a profile comment or a "conversation."

Hey, what do you need to post in private that can't be seen about a person's post anyhow? :razz: Is there sexy talk involved?

Notice all the posters who left because they can no longer bully other posters?

We don't need rep....we got Trophy Points

I can take them down to my local pizza parlor and trade them in on a slice and a Dr Pepper

do not listen to him,that system was childish and allowed many of the childish immature trolls here which many reside here at this site to clcik it on at a moments heartbeat.this format is far more mature.

Interesting how we can only agree, thank, or tell the user their posts were informative. Yes, let's take away the right of mature posters to disagree maturely. Leave the trolls to their own devices.

It would be okay if this site didnt attract so many trolls.But sadly this place lets so many of then roam the boards here that the mature ones are far greatly outnumbered by the childish trolls here.ever here of crusader frank?

that guy goes into meltdown mode anytime you say one neagite ting about reagan.Its like he was his uncle or soemthing.He ignores everybodys posts that say one single negative word about him..He wins first prize easily as USMB's biggest resident troll who should have ben banned years ago.there are far too many of them here just like him for that old system to be effective.

do not listen to him,that system was childish and allowed many of the childish immature trolls here which many reside here at this site to clcik it on at a moments heartbeat.this format is far more mature.

Interesting how we can only agree, thank, or tell the user their posts were informative. Yes, let's take away the right of mature posters to disagree maturely. Leave the trolls to their own devices.

says the biggest troll on here

thats why its best that its gone,this hypocrite is one of the biggest trolls of them all.

i'm not surprised wolfsister thanked your lie about me. i just realized you claim it was "several years" of neg repping assault. that is flat out impossible as i only started posting here regularly about a year and a half ago. before that, i rarely posted and in fact went years without posting on USMB.

prove i was in some neg rep group that "assaulted" people. lying POS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back