Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The red x was taken away because it was abused. People couldn't be adults about it and instead were nasty and childish and followed posters around red xing every post of theirs no matter where it was or what the person was saying. I'm sure this was difficult for the mods and generated a lot more complaints.
I wanna be an abuser now. :lol:

On the old system, I could easily private message someone as a reply to a specific post. It was a useful feature.

The red x was taken away because it was abused. People couldn't be adults about it and instead were nasty and childish and followed posters around red xing every post of theirs no matter where it was or what the person was saying. I'm sure this was difficult for the mods and generated a lot more complaints.
No you dont. To treat someone negatively and bug the shit out of them is disregarding them as human beings because you wouldnt want the returned favor.

No you dont. To treat someone negatively and bug the shit out of them is disregarding them as human beings because you wouldnt want the returned favor.

This is the problem I had with the red x. If they could find a way to limit it to the Flame Zone and Politics and leave it out of the other areas, it wouldn't be quite so difficult but I'm not even sure if that's possible.

Hey!!! Stop that! I'm supposed to be the bad one around here, ya know. ;)

Ah. I see. You are a newbie! Hi!
I'm not mean, lol. I fight back, yes, but no..I didn't abuse the neg system. I'm just fuckin' with wolfsister, lol.

Bring back Rep Comments! I miss comments more than the points.

I agree that I miss the comments more than the rep itself. The top 7 posters were all moderates and that was growing steadily. Had it continued the negging would have ended up being nullified. However we never had the opportunity to find out.

What happened here was that the same people who were negging jumped on the red X as is it was a neg and started abusing it and that is why it was removed.
I only saw one person abuse the red X and she was a newcomer.
Well, yeah her and horseshit.

Give people the ability to "neg rep" , but combine it with some Hunger Games style discouraged user.

The more often you "neg rep" the greater chance that you will randomly be placed on discouraged user.

Would be funny

lol. I love that idea, Bear. Be a neg bully but the repercussions are you being bullied by the board software.

It would really put a whammy on who REALLY deserves that neg that YOU will be eventually paying for.:D

Or at a minimum the dreaded rex X.
do not listen to him,that system was childish and allowed many of the childish immature trolls here which many reside here at this site to clcik it on at a moments heartbeat.this format is far more mature.

Interesting how we can only agree, thank, or tell the user their posts were informative. Yes, let's take away the right of mature posters to disagree maturely. Leave the trolls to their own devices.
Except it was never done maturely. I never got a comment that wasn't filled with profanity and childish insults. If you disagree with someone you can just as easily do it in a thread. That's what they're for.

True.

you crack me up jake, no self awareness.....

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.

Bring back the rep system? What? And lose this "everyone gets a trophy" mentality?

Bunch of pussies...

Now there's a post I would give positive rep and leave a comment which likely would have turned into a PM exchange. I made a lot of friends here that way.
I even made friends with neg reps once we had both explained our positions.
We now have a few new folks here that are real assholes. A few like minded, though less idiotic people click the thanks or agree buttons and the asshole gets trophy points.
One gumball in particular would have a string of red splats next to his name with the old system so he would be immediately identified as someone not to be take seriously, but instead has meaningless "trophy points".

Ernie S. by the end of neg rep was one of the truly meaningless posters on the Board.

Hey guys! Some pics of Yurt are being posted in the funny picture thread! Go see! (last pages)

Post 4534 and 4536! :lol:
Where is this thread?
Funny Pictures Thread Page 455 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Rep System was redundant and meaningless. Higher rep posters were occasionally just as clueless and stupid as a first post newbie. The numbers didn't mean anything. Still don't but at least they got rid of the Negs which were being used like a club by mean-spirited people.

Bring back the rep system? What? And lose this "everyone gets a trophy" mentality?

Bunch of pussies...

Now there's a post I would give positive rep and leave a comment which likely would have turned into a PM exchange. I made a lot of friends here that way.
I even made friends with neg reps once we had both explained our positions.
We now have a few new folks here that are real assholes. A few like minded, though less idiotic people click the thanks or agree buttons and the asshole gets trophy points.
One gumball in particular would have a string of red splats next to his name with the old system so he would be immediately identified as someone not to be take seriously, but instead has meaningless "trophy points".

And the funny thing is, I never once neg repped anyone. But I do miss the ability to give someone a positive rep along with some extended, private commentary. And you're right, those often turned into interesting pm exchanges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back