Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed saving the comments sent to me by many of the distinquished RWrs here. I have no qualms with the return of the Rep system...but I don't lose any sleep over it being gone either.

I enjoyed saving the comments sent to me by many of the distinquished RWrs here. I have no qualms with the return of the Rep system...but I don't lose any sleep over it being gone either.
I sent you a couple "nice" comments. Did you frame them as well?

Or at a minimum the dreaded rex X.
do not listen to him,that system was childish and allowed many of the childish immature trolls here which many reside here at this site to clcik it on at a moments heartbeat.this format is far more mature.

Interesting how we can only agree, thank, or tell the user their posts were informative. Yes, let's take away the right of mature posters to disagree maturely. Leave the trolls to their own devices.

says the biggest troll on here

I mean XenForo does support a rep system...

Just check this out:

Advanced Reputation System XenForo Community
Looks like it's available elsewhere & it costs money. As a NON supporting member I have no right to expect anything that incurs money.

Aw. You are a member here, you deserve the same perks the rest of us do. I admire your humility, though. :)
Thanks but I can't complain about stuff that costs money. I would support the site but I'm so apt to say stupid shit or break the rules I don't wanna spend money on something I cant use.

do not listen to him,that system was childish and allowed many of the childish immature trolls here which many reside here at this site to clcik it on at a moments heartbeat.this format is far more mature.

Interesting how we can only agree, thank, or tell the user their posts were informative. Yes, let's take away the right of mature posters to disagree maturely. Leave the trolls to their own devices.

says the biggest troll on here
Passion=/=troll

I mean XenForo does support a rep system...

Just check this out:

Advanced Reputation System XenForo Community
Looks like it's available elsewhere & it costs money. As a NON supporting member I have no right to expect anything that incurs money.

Aw. You are a member here, you deserve the same perks the rest of us do. I admire your humility, though. :)
Thanks but I can't complain about stuff that costs money. I would support the site but I'm so apt to say stupid shit or break the rules I don't wanna spend money on something I cant use.

Quite understandable.

No, the way it's set up now is dumb. You can't just 'disagree/dislike' with someone (especially the terminally stupid), you have to 'explain'. To have balance, the same standard should apply when you 'agree/like' something. But noooo, you can just click any one of the 'positive' buttons, no explanation necessary.

Thin skinned butthurt people whined about certain individuals who were abusing the system. Instead of taking away rep/disagree/red x from the abusers they took it away from everyone. THAT'S childish.

They should bring back a disagree/dislike button and the ability to 'rep comment' people. This board is dull compared to what it was ... the 'rep comment relationships' were an intragal part of the board.

Bring back Rep Comments! I miss comments more than the points.

Ditto! :happy-1:
What we have now has eliminated a lot of interaction and depersonalized USMB. That was half of the fun of coming here. :2up:
Now all we have is,,,,:argue:! I know some people get their jollies having pissing contest, it must of been their upbringing. :eusa_naughty::whip:

It's very sterile compared to the old Rep+Comments.

:(

The way it is now is great. Those who have trouble explaining why they disagree with something shouldn't even be posting.....they need to find another hobby.

Leave it alone.

I agree that I miss the comments more than the rep itself. The top 7 posters were all moderates and that was growing steadily. Had it continued the negging would have ended up being nullified. However we never had the opportunity to find out.

What happened here was that the same people who were negging jumped on the red X as is it was a neg and started abusing it and that is why it was removed.

And it was the same bunch of people that don't know how to debate without making it personal....the red X gave them power they don't have with words. Sad.

The way it is now is great. Those who have trouble explaining why they disagree with something shouldn't even be posting.....they need to find another hobby.

Leave it alone.
Sometimes the interpersonal relationships it fostered were the cream of the crop. Without it, it seems hostility rules

Here, you can borrow mine.

big-red-x_k0750358.jpg

I agree that I miss the comments more than the rep itself. The top 7 posters were all moderates and that was growing steadily. Had it continued the negging would have ended up being nullified. However we never had the opportunity to find out.

What happened here was that the same people who were negging jumped on the red X as is it was a neg and started abusing it and that is why it was removed.
I only saw one person abuse the red X and she was a newcomer.

You slept through a lot then.
I have not been a regular since the change. It doesn't work near as well on mobile devices. If I'm on the pc I'm working.

I would be interested to know who was abusing it tho. I threw out a few red x's. 90% of which went to rderp just cause I think he is a dick.

Well it was there. But I fully agree with and second your OP. This site was more social and personally conversational -- in both positive and negative ways -- with the rep system. It was an easy pretext for starting and continuing personal dialogues. We still have the dialogues but we lost the incentive.

It's akin to that thread about obesity... nobody "forces" us to not start dialogues, just as nobody "forces" us to eat junk foods. But without the availability in the system, dialogue dwindles and obesity soars.

Zoom- thanks for the thumbs up but you may want to review my edit to see if you still agree. And if you do not, I invite you to explain why it's not the same psychology at work.

Last edited:

Leave it alone.
Sometimes the interpersonal relationships it fostered were the cream of the crop. Without it, it seems hostility rules

In case you hadn't figured it out....you still have the PM system, you can still foster relationships.....all you have to do is find it and use it.

I only saw one person abuse the red X and she was a newcomer.
Stat did it 6 pages worth

Those who have trouble explaining why they disagree with something shouldn't even be posting.

I wonder if that would include you?

I never shy from telling anyone why I disagree....you, on the other hand, would have preferred to gang up on people along with your friends, some who have been ushered out, and neg people instead of civilly debating.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back