Breaking: U.S. declines to veto U.N. Security Council resolution for Israel to stop ....

It amazes me to see how much the nations care about Jerusalem and it's surrounding area. The timing and the positions on the chessboard make it even more interesting.

Undoubtedly many Jews around the world have much on their minds and hearts, blessing the 1st Hanuka candle with their families and friends, Jerusalem is being the CENTER of attention this week.
I would put it differently in that the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land is the center of attention this week.

There is no Palestinian land other than Jordan.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

No country on Earth recognizes East Jerusalem as part of Israel.
Betcha they will.
There is no country on Earth (with the exception of Palau) that will recognize East Jerusalem as part of Israel.

The US will very shortly and also will recognize it as part of Israel's capital.

Naw, don't believe the hype. With the resolution now passed, the U.S. would be breaking international law if it recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital. The U.S. won't do that, even with Trump.

U.S. would be breaking international law if it recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital.

Wow! That sounds serious.
What will be the punishment for breaking that "law"?

Cite the law?

Well, it makes it extremely difficult for the U.S. to impose international law on other nations.

So no punishment?

The punishment is a reduction in influence. For example, China might decide to lift sanctions on North Korea claiming that the U.S. does not observe international law, so why should they? Or if the World Court calls out China for the building of the islands in the South China Sea, the Chinese might say screw you, if the U.S. doesn't follow international law, why should we. Get it?

Well, it makes it extremely difficult for the U.S. to impose international law on other nations.

If we want to, and have the ability to, we'll impose. And if we don't, we won't. So what?

For example, China might decide to lift sanctions on North Korea claiming that the U.S. does not observe international law, so why should they?

And if the US does observe "international law" and China still misbehaves? How do we force China?

Thanks for admitting this "law" which isn't a law, has no punishment if it's broken.
Has no enforcement mechanism and is just another Muslim temper tantrum.

Thanks for exposing the fact that you don't know what you are talking about. UNSC Resolutions have the force of law. That is just a fact.

UNSC Resolutions have the force of law.

Scary!
So if we recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, we'll be fined/jailed/executed?
Or nothing?

I would like to see them try.

We should immediately cut UN funding.

Israel's lackeys are furious.

They're actually journalists and authors of political commentary. They have a voice that speaks to support of the only democracy, (representative republic), in the Islamist dystopia. To clue you in, the commentary is often critical of Israeli policies. However, isnt it interesting that here in the Great Satan™, critical commentary won't be met with Islamic fascists dragging you in to the street for summary execution.

Isn't it interesting that the most excitable Pom Pom flailers for Islamic fascists have safely ensconced themselves in the west, out of the reach of the very fascists they flail their Pom Poms for.

building in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem as a flagrant violation of international law.

Building in their own capital violates an international law? That's hilarious!
Betcha they will.
There is no country on Earth (with the exception of Palau) that will recognize East Jerusalem as part of Israel.

Nor will they recognise it as part of Palestine making this a paper exercise with no outcome. It has just set back any chance of peace and a two state solution by 100 years

There will never be a "two-state solution", nor peace until all third parties back out of the region and let the principal players fight to the finish.
The Palestinians are already a conquered people but might does not make right.

It amazes me to see how much the nations care about Jerusalem and it's surrounding area. The timing and the positions on the chessboard make it even more interesting.

Undoubtedly many Jews around the world have much on their minds and hearts, blessing the 1st Hanuka candle with their families and friends, Jerusalem is being the CENTER of attention this week.
I would put it differently in that the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land is the center of attention this week.

There is no "Palestinian land", as there is no "nation of Palestine" and never has been.
Netanyahu would agree with you. The rest of the world does not.

Betcha they will.

Nor will they recognise it as part of Palestine making this a paper exercise with no outcome. It has just set back any chance of peace and a two state solution by 100 years

There will never be a "two-state solution", nor peace until all third parties back out of the region and let the principal players fight to the finish.

Unless it is neo marxists, neo nazis and muslims that gain, then it is accepted

Now about this fictional state of palestine what was it before 1988 when the muslims stole the Jewish lands ?

There is no "Palestinian land", as there is no "nation of Palestine" and never has been.

Then the rest of the world is in breach of INTERNATIONAL LAWS

U.S. declines to veto U.N. Security Council resolution for Israel to stop Jewish settlement activity

The United States’ abstention Friday reflected mounting frustration in the Obama administration over settlement growth that the United States considers an obstacle to peace.

The resolution came one day after a scheduled vote was postponed when the sponsor, Egypt, withdrew it after the Egyptian president spoke by phone with President-elect Donald Trump. Friday’s resolution was sponsored by New Zealand, Malaysia, Venezuela and Senegal.

Shortly before the vote, several U.S. senators said that if it passed they would introduce legislation to cut off U.S. funding to the United Nations and to any states that voted in favor it.

Frankly, it's about damn time.

The United States’ abstention Friday reflected mounting frustration in the Obama administration over settlement growth that the United States considers an obstacle to peace.

Muslims are an obstacle to peace.
If all the "Palestinians" moved to Syria, there would be peace in Israel.
Or if all the Jews moved to Queens.

U.S. declines to veto U.N. Security Council resolution for Israel to stop Jewish settlement activity

The resolution came one day after a scheduled vote was postponed when the sponsor, Egypt, withdrew it after the Egyptian president spoke by phone with President-elect Donald Trump. Friday’s resolution was sponsored by New Zealand, Malaysia, Venezuela and Senegal.

Shortly before the vote, several U.S. senators said that if it passed they would introduce legislation to cut off U.S. funding to the United Nations and to any states that voted in favor it.

Frankly, it's about damn time.

Muslims are an obstacle to peace.
If all the "Palestinians" moved to Syria, there would be peace in Israel.
Or if all the Jews moved to Queens.

Is Queens a full blown Israeli nation ruled by the Jews and defended by the IDF, or is it one of America's many ghetto's

History agrees with me. The rest is irrelevant.

Betcha they will.

Nope. They are not "a people" at all. Merely a proxy army of displaced mutts against Israel.

Netanyahu says: “Peace will come not through UN resolutions, but only through direct negotiations between the parties.” He speaks, of course, with his military jackboot on the neck of the Palestinian people. His idea of negotiations, as always, is holding a gun to the head of the other party. As everyone, especially the United States, knows peace doesn’t suit Israel’s purpose, although the pretence of seeking peace does.

It turns a spotlight on Israel’s criminal conduct, it will have the effect of releasing the brake on various civil society actions against Israel – especially BDS – and it will hasten the day when countries slap sanctions on the rogue state and demand Israel’s expulsion for repeatedly failing to meet the obligations of UN membership.
UN Security Council resolution on Israeli colonies: Next step, sanctions please

Forum List

Back