U.S. Privately Moves To Block Geneva Conventions Inquiry Into Gaza

ok. that being true, 3 months of apocalyptic retribution is enough. cease fire already. let the un and the red cross or red crescent do their job.

there has been a real need for un peace keepers for decades. guess who vetoes that?
We tried that once or twice. The "peacekeepers" cut and ran when Egypt, under Nasser, announced they should leave. That was what forced Israel to preemptively attack, as well as the blockade of the Straits of Tiran. What good are peacekeepers who provide cover for rearming, and then get out of the way when someone wants to attack.

Hamas is only partially responsible for the suffering. Nutanyahoo was warned over a year ago - but ignored it. As I recall - it was a 40-page warning. Ignoring it gave Nutanyahoo the excuse he wanted to eradicate the Palestinians in Gaza.
So Hamas is like an infant that has to be protected and prevented from getting itself in deep trouble?

Hamas is only partially responsible for the suffering. Nutanyahoo was warned over a year ago - but ignored it. As I recall - it was a 40-page warning. Ignoring it gave Nutanyahoo the excuse he wanted to eradicate the Palestinians in Gaza.
No more half measures on the part of Israel.

No more talk.

It's Killing Time.

And the goddamned Gazans and their military arm Hamas are on the receiving end.

The Gazans are now reaping what they've sown.

No let-up until the Gazans have surrendered unconditionally and given-up their Hamas leadership.

Death to Hamas.

Go Team Israel.

Will the US now sanction Switzerland to be sure Israel's genocidal actions can continue?

This is all beyond grotesque.

The Biden administration is finalizing plans to urge Switzerland to reject a request from Palestine and its supporters to hold a conference on violations of the Geneva Conventions.

As bloodshed continues in Gaza, State Department officials are quietly working to stymie an attempt to spur global pressure to end the fighting there.

U.S. diplomats are finalizing a démarche ― a diplomatic initiative ― to their Swiss counterparts that Washington hopes will scuttle plans for a meeting to discuss violations of the Geneva Conventions in the current war between Israel and Hamas, the Gaza-based militant group, according to State Department documents seen by HuffPost.

The revelation comes as the U.S. is simultaneously slow-rolling the most high-profile international attempt to ease suffering in Gaza: a United Nations Security Council resolution that would drastically increase the flow of humanitarian aid into the besieged strip.

The Geneva Conventions are the fundamental principles of international humanitarian law which determine what actions are legal during a war. Every U.N. member state is party to some aspect of them, including the U.S. and Israel. Formal determinations that Israel has violated the conventions in its U.S.-backed offensive in Gaza against Hamas would represent a serious global condemnation of both countries ― and corroborate the claims of human rights groups who have gathered evidence they call proof of such violations.

Historically neutral Switzerland is the depository of the conventions, which means it determines when meetings of the parties involved are held to discuss compliance.

Much more at the link below...

My first reaction is to say shame on Biden! However, maybe there's much I don't know. What do you think?
Good for Biden.... He Is 100% correct on this one. Now he's going to feel the wrath of the backstabbers in his own back yard. So the guy's showing some gonad-gumption. That's part of the President's job.

Will the US now sanction Switzerland to be sure Israel's genocidal actions can continue?

This is all beyond grotesque.
Genocide is condemning Palestine to live under the rule of Hamas instead of removing them.

Good for Biden.... He Is 100% correct on this one. Now he's going to feel the wrath of the backstabbers in his own back yard. So the guy's showing some gonad-gumption. That's part of the President's job.
the focus of a un conference, and we need one, should be peace or at least a cease fire. we need to stop the killing first.

the focus of a un conference, and we need one, should be peace or at least a cease fire. we need to stop the killing first.
I'm not sure you're fully understanding the mechanism that drives Hamas to be who they are.

The Biden administration is finalizing plans to urge Switzerland to reject a request from Palestine and its supporters to hold a conference on violations of the Geneva Conventions.

As bloodshed continues in Gaza, State Department officials are quietly working to stymie an attempt to spur global pressure to end the fighting there.

U.S. diplomats are finalizing a démarche ― a diplomatic initiative ― to their Swiss counterparts that Washington hopes will scuttle plans for a meeting to discuss violations of the Geneva Conventions in the current war between Israel and Hamas, the Gaza-based militant group, according to State Department documents seen by HuffPost.

The revelation comes as the U.S. is simultaneously slow-rolling the most high-profile international attempt to ease suffering in Gaza: a United Nations Security Council resolution that would drastically increase the flow of humanitarian aid into the besieged strip.

The Geneva Conventions are the fundamental principles of international humanitarian law which determine what actions are legal during a war. Every U.N. member state is party to some aspect of them, including the U.S. and Israel. Formal determinations that Israel has violated the conventions in its U.S.-backed offensive in Gaza against Hamas would represent a serious global condemnation of both countries ― and corroborate the claims of human rights groups who have gathered evidence they call proof of such violations.

Historically neutral Switzerland is the depository of the conventions, which means it determines when meetings of the parties involved are held to discuss compliance.

My first reaction is to say shame on Biden! However, maybe there's much I don't know. What do you think?
Look Biden is in a tough spot here. Let's forget about politics for a minute and remember that right now he's the President of the United States. That should mean something to everybody no matter who they're looking to vote for in November..

You have a recurring hostility born of a centuries old religious grudge driven by people who are ostensibly the nuttiest of the nutcases in that religious sect.

There is little to no hope that they will ever mend their ways. This means if you allow them to rebuild and regroup the same thing will happen again less than 10 years from now and probably with a great deal more bloodshed.

I'm sure Biden is getting headaches from all over the place on this one but he's showing some leadership here in picking a direction.... And that choice is costing him enormously. That is what a leader does.

I'm not sure you're fully understanding the mechanism that drives Hamas to be who they are.
do not mistake me for a fan of any of that terrorist stuff, but obviously something continues to piss these people off. lets hear it from them.

do not mistake me for a fan of any of that terrorist stuff, but obviously something continues to piss these people off. lets hear it from them.
That's a good idea..... However they need to send a speaker up to the podium with a brain and not a Scimitar.

I'm not sure if their backers and financers will allow anyone to step forward with a message of peace or any suggestions as to how to end the hostilities.. They may very well be the fatal puppets of their own puppet Masters.

The greater powers in the Sunni/ Shiite struggle have decided that the entire population of Palestine is expendable in behalf of that fued. Now that's what I call real genocide.

Last edited:

^Pure make believe.

"You call it corn"

Genocide is condemning Palestine to live under the rule of Hamas instead of removing them.
Why didn’t Palestinians kick:them to the curb? Because they agree with them on the #1 goal: to eradicate Israel.

Forum List

Back