Breaking: U.S. declines to veto U.N. Security Council resolution for Israel to stop ....

Witchit

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2014
TARDIS
U.S. declines to veto U.N. Security Council resolution for Israel to stop Jewish settlement activity

The United States’ abstention Friday reflected mounting frustration in the Obama administration over settlement growth that the United States considers an obstacle to peace.

The resolution came one day after a scheduled vote was postponed when the sponsor, Egypt, withdrew it after the Egyptian president spoke by phone with President-elect Donald Trump. Friday’s resolution was sponsored by New Zealand, Malaysia, Venezuela and Senegal.

Shortly before the vote, several U.S. senators said that if it passed they would introduce legislation to cut off U.S. funding to the United Nations and to any states that voted in favor it.

Frankly, it's about damn time.

UN resolutions mean virtually zip, and Obama's opinions are about to be rendered even more irrelevent.

Our relationship - particularly the financial relationship - with that tired, useless organization will be reconsidered by summer.

U.S. declines to veto U.N. Security Council resolution for Israel to stop Jewish settlement activity

The United States’ abstention Friday reflected mounting frustration in the Obama administration over settlement growth that the United States considers an obstacle to peace.

The resolution came one day after a scheduled vote was postponed when the sponsor, Egypt, withdrew it after the Egyptian president spoke by phone with President-elect Donald Trump. Friday’s resolution was sponsored by New Zealand, Malaysia, Venezuela and Senegal.

Shortly before the vote, several U.S. senators said that if it passed they would introduce legislation to cut off U.S. funding to the United Nations and to any states that voted in favor it.

The moment Americans will stop building in Washington D.C, Jews will stop building in Jerusalem.

Can you guys extrapolate on your take a bit more? I'm pretty damn ignorant when it comes to the ME. I was a fundamentalist for a few decades, so "God's chosen people" and etc, Israel had to become a nation, it's one of the steps in the end times progression.

So - who is right. Why is the US involved at all? Etc.

Can you guys extrapolate on your take a bit more? I'm pretty damn ignorant when it comes to the ME. I was a fundamentalist for a few decades, so "God's chosen people" and etc, Israel had to become a nation, it's one of the steps in the end times progression.

Your comment on the OP showed a very stable opinion, and now you say you're not so much informed on the subject? interesting.

The left love ethnic cleansing.

Not binding. Trump should immediately move embassy to jerusalem within the first few days.
Pulling out of the UN should also begin, save billions to the US. We give more than 185 countries combined to support the UN each year.
No UN, no Palestinians financing through UNRWA.

Israel has a right to exist and the PA does not have a right to apartheid. Some of the land was owned by jews before Jordan occupied the WB.
Not all the building of settlements is jewish, there are arab housing being build a well.
PA could have made an agreement to get Israel out in part or whole long ago. Till such time Israel will manage the land under their control as they see fit.
The long PA takes to make an agreement the less there will be for them in the end.
The more the pals attack Israel the more they will be pushed back and the wider the safety zone around Israel and especially Jerusalem.

Settlements are not the obstacle to peace, just an excuse. Prior attempts at agreements all accepted a land for trade, which is what the settlements would be included in.
Israel gsve up the Gaza, unless there is good reason they will not give up all the land in the WB, nor would Jordan want them to. Israel will still need to secure the border along the Jordan, if for no other reason to protect the water way.

If PA has a problem with settlements, they should talk to Israel not expect the UN or others to public condemnation.

Most of those who are willing to settle know they might have to accept being palestinian and Israeli, not just Israeli, and abide by palestinian laws at some point. Businesses that hire pals in the WB now pay Israeli wages, but under the PA will probably pay PA wages for the same work or more out, as many companies have done. More job for pals lost.

Settlement support the building of factories and businesses that make PA economy stronger. Those that own and manage the plants and businesses want to be close to oversee and not just build and hand over to others where lower standards and poor sanitation or security can produce products they expect to sell in Israel or beyond.

Pal products have been banned in some cases because of contamination and poor quality.

PA wants investment but not willing for Israelis to be the ones investing and hiring, while wanting to sell and transport their good through Israel to other markets.

PA can not expect to be a jew free country while expecting Israel to open their doors to pals coming and going in Israel for work, trade or prayer.

If PA has a problem sit down and talk, without preconditions, with Israel directly.

Right now the PA does not even speak for all palestinians, so they cannot make a binding agreement with Israel and expect gaza to abide to it.

When they get their act together and agree to talk, peace and statehood will happen in the right way where both prosper.

UN resolutions mean virtually zip, and Obama's opinions are about to be rendered even more irrelevent.

Our relationship - particularly the financial relationship - with that tired, useless organization will be reconsidered by summer.
I'm always amused that Israeli supporters cite the UN as giving Israel the legal right to exist in the first place, and then immediately after that say anything that the UN does or says is irrelevant.

I'm always amused that Israeli supporters cite the UN as giving Israel the legal right to exist in the first place, and then immediately after that say anything that the UN does or says is irrelevant.
UN was a different place in 1948.
Today it's just a bunch of leftwing crazy nutters who live in a bubble world dreaming of what evil they can do.

Case in point - UN has ZERO resolutions against the Palestinians.

Your comment on the OP showed a very stable opinion, and now you say you're not so much informed on the subject? interesting.

"Declines to vote." = it's none of our business, that is my stable opinion.

Whether Israel or Palestine is right is completely up in the air, based on my post your're responding to.

UN was a different place in 1948.
Today it's just a bunch of leftwing crazy nutters who live in a bubble world dreaming of what evil they can do.

Case in point - UN has ZERO resolutions against the Palestinians.
So the entire planet except for Israel and about 40% of the U.S. population are leftwing crazy nutters? Hmm :eusa_think:

So you have strong opinions but you admit perfect ignorance. That is a definition of bigotry.

Actually, it's Israel's enemies that claim the UN gave Israel the right to exist as a justification for trying to get the UN to grant the feuding Palestinian factions membership.

So you have strong opinions but you admit perfect ignorance. That is a definition of bigotry.

That probably made more sense in your head, when you thought it.

Any chance you can discuss the subject at hand, instead of me?

My bet is on someone held a gun to the head of our U.N. ambassador --- not unlike how Comey and the Lynch (D.O.J.) and other high ranking D.C. officials were under duress.

True or not, the USA has shown what total coward they are once again.

Actually, it's Israel's enemies that claim the UN gave Israel the right to exist as a justification for trying to get the UN to grant the feuding Palestinian factions membership.
Yeah that's why the pro-Israel fanatics in the I/P forum are constantly citing the UN as justification. :rolleyes:

Muslims are an obstacle to peace.
If all the "Palestinians" moved to Syria, there would be peace in Israel.

That probably made more sense in your head, when you thought it.

Any chance you can discuss the subject at hand, instead of me?
How can we discuss it when you have claimed perfect ignorance of the subject?

"Can you guys extrapolate on your take a bit more? I'm pretty damn ignorant when it comes to the ME. I was a fundamentalist for a few decades, so "God's chosen people" and etc, Israel had to become a nation, it's one of the steps in the end times progression."

Forum List

Back