Breaking News: Zimmerman to be charged.....

I wonder if he's going to turn himself in, or are we going to have to go on a manhunt?

BTW, it looks like the charges are going to be manslaughter.

Well let's let the system do its thing. He's screwed if he wins, he's screwed if he goes to prison. I know I'd hate to be him.

Wow imagine that, kill an unarmed teenager and your life is screwed!

I'd hate to be him too.

We'll see what happens.

Most of the people against Zimmerman being arrested and charged are the same ones that think the Sanford PD got it right the first time.

However, there is enough here to bring this to trial, and I'm glad they did. I wonder if this investigation will also check to see if there was a cover up by the Sanford PD.

I'm not sure there is anyone against him being arrested and charged if the investigation leads to that.

I think most of us were adamantly opposed to him being called a murderer and thrown in jail BEFORE the investigation was concluded.

To Nick and Papageorgio:

Again, you guys seem unable to grasp how our judicial system works.
An arrest is normal when there is evidence of a crime.
A dead teen with a bullet in his head is such evidence.
A man holding a smoking gun is such evidence.
A phone call indicating the man was following the teen is such evidence.
This is not "all the evidence" but it is enough to issue a warrant for arrest.
An arrest is not a conviction.
It is only AFTER someone is arrested, that motive, opportunity and ability need to be proven.
That is what takes place in the trial.
It is not until trial that the state has to prove its' case.
Even then, many people are found innocent.
Even those in highly publicized and sensationalized trials.
Can you say "O.J."?
Can you say "Casey Anthony"?

The arrest was completely appropriate. The only people claiming otherwise are rather obviously ignorant of how our judicial system works.
As I originally stated, if after being arrested and tried, Zimmerman is found innocent on all charges, I'm fine with that.

Criminal or civil suits against someone in Florida for justifiable self defense is against the law. There has to be real evidence of foul play before the court system can be used to punish the defendant.

2011 Florida Statutes CHAPTER 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE - 776.032 - Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.

Last edited:
bf2bbb17dbdb61a7ae06f66454d42e7f.jpg

Yeah. I was right.

Of course you were.

I wonder if someone else will get to avail themselves of Florida's stand your ground law e.g. Zimmerman's on the run, someone see's him on the street, that person feels threatened because Zimmerman's been known to carry a concealed weapon in the past, and that person shoots Zimmerman because they 'feel' threatened.

In the day that was called a Mexican firing squad,who's to say that the kid didn't feared for his life and was beating the shit out of zimmerman in self defense. Both locked in mortal combat,but the kid din't have a 9mm. just a soda and candy.

I wonder if he's going to turn himself in, or are we going to have to go on a manhunt?

Okay my conservative friends. I took tons of slams from you guys for days. I suggested Zimmerman should be charged with negligent homocide. Manslaughter is about the same to me. All I suggested was things didn't add up and a trial needed to be held.

I decided to wait until the investigation was done to comment. What do you have to say now?

Are you too lazy to read?

To Nick and Papageorgio:

Again, you guys seem unable to grasp how our judicial system works.
It is only AFTER someone is arrested, that motive, opportunity and ability need to be proven.
Can you say "O.J."?

The arrest was completely appropriate. The only people claiming otherwise are rather obviously ignorant of how our judicial system works.
As I originally stated, if after being arrested and tried, Zimmerman is found innocent on all charges, I'm fine with that.

Criminal or civil suits against someone in Florida for justifiable self defense is against the law. There has to be real evidence of fowl play before the court system can be used to punish the defendant.

2011 Florida Statutes CHAPTER 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE - 776.032 - Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.

two things:

1. You don't think that there was any evidence here? You seem to do exactly what you accuse The Left of doing: you automatically assume Zimmerman's story must be true without evidence or a trial. So you're exactly the same as those who call him a murderer before a trial has taken place.
2. Fowl play? You think birds might have been involved? :)

I don't see anyone saying that they support Zimmerman. I just see people countering the lynch mob mentality.

You see people defending Zimmerman under the guise of countering the mob mentality, which...there isnt one. So you defending Zimmerman under the guise of countering something that Zimmermans defenders made up in order to defend publicly without saying they are defenders of Zimmerman

Now that IS funny! LOL!

See what I did there?

He hasn't fled the country. The prosecutor's office knows where he's at, if they don't actually have him already.

Last edited:

Well let's let the system do its thing. He's screwed if he wins, he's screwed if he goes to prison. I know I'd hate to be him.

Wow imagine that, kill an unarmed teenager and your life is screwed!

I'd hate to be him too.

What happened to the good old days when you can just kill whenever you wanted too?!

What happened to the good old days when the press didn't run with stories sourced ONLY with anonymous *officials*???

I know you didn't address me but I will answer your points.

True.

No, it is evidence of a dead person.

No, it's evidence that he might have shot him.

No, not even close.

No it isn't.

True.

Not in the case of self-defense.

Yes.

True.

Can you say "O.J."?

Oh Jay.
Kasee anthonee.

The arrest was completely appropriate. The only people claiming otherwise are rather obviously ignorant of how our judicial system works

Really? You mean the Sanford police department, and the District Attorney are ignorant of the law while you know better?:cuckoo:

I was taught 3 sources for every single story.

And the only way you got away with an anonymous source was if their lives were in danger...and if you had other named sources that would comment on their information. If that criteria wasn't met, we didn't go to press with it.

Forum List

Back