Breaking News: Zimmerman to be charged.....

Even if he fled the country his supporters will never admit to him being guilty.

If he left the country at all (big if) -- perhaps it had something to do with the wanted dead of alive poster put out on him by the New Black Panther Party.

If he left the jurisdiction, at all, perhaps it was due to that and due to the fact that he was perfectly free to do so at the time.

IF he left at all, perhaps he will willingly come back at this point IF he is to be charged.

You are being disingenuous,it did not say wanted dead or alive, it said for the arrest.

Just heard on the news that the FL special prosecutor is going to press charges.

I hope Zimmerman hasn't fled the country, because then, everyone would start to say he's guilty as well.

Whats he guilty of?

We already know they are not pressing murder one.

What they are doing is caving to public pressure. Let the feds walk burn the little guy.

Cheer away, this is what you consider justice.

An arrest is expected soon............

SANFORD, Fla. — Charges are being filed in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, a law enforcement official says.

The official with knowledge of the investigation says a prosecutor will announce charges against alleged shooter George Zimmerman at 6 p.m. today.

Zimmerman's arrest is also expected soon.

The official didn't know the specific charge and spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to release the information.

The shooting case, which has generated a furious national debate over racial profiling and self-defense, took a bizarre turn yesterday when Zimmerman's attorneys said they were dropping the neighborhood watch captain as a client, complaining that they have lost all contact with him and that he called the prosecutor and talked to a TV host after they told him not to speak to anyone.

Zimmerman expected to be arrested and charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says | NJ.com

Just heard on the news that the FL special prosecutor is going to press charges.

I hope Zimmerman hasn't fled the country, because then, everyone would start to say he's guilty as well.

Whats he guilty of?

We already know they are not pressing murder one.

What they are doing is caving to public pressure. Let the feds walk burn the little guy.

Cheer away, this is what you consider justice.

The charges are going to be manslaughter. And, the prosecutor said she's going to be releasing new information concerning the case as well.

Even if he fled the country his supporters will never admit to him being guilty.

If he left the country at all (big if) -- perhaps it had something to do with the wanted dead of alive poster put out on him by the New Black Panther Party.

If he left the jurisdiction, at all, perhaps it was due to that and due to the fact that he was perfectly free to do so at the time.

IF he left at all, perhaps he will willingly come back at this point IF he is to be charged.

You are being disingenuous,it did not say wanted dead or alive, it said for the arrest.

Wrong. The press release they put out said capture only, but the POSTERS that they distributed said "dead or alive" just as Liability says.

Wrong. The press release they put out said capture only, but the POSTERS that they distributed said "dead or alive" just as Liability says.

Link?

bf2bbb17dbdb61a7ae06f66454d42e7f.jpg

Yeah. I was right.

You are a dope. It would have been SO easy to verify what I had correctly said BEFORE deciding to ignorantly and erroneously make your vapid assertion.

Damn, you stupid schmucks are stupid.

To make sure you educate yourself, READ the poster first, next time, you dope.

bf2bbb17dbdb61a7ae06f66454d42e7f.jpg

If you do that even a tool like YOU (who, ironically given your username, doesn't give a shit about the truth) should be ale to see the horrid phrase "dead or alive."

P.S. You are a dickweed.

I wonder if he's going to turn himself in, or are we going to have to go on a manhunt?

BTW, it looks like the charges are going to be manslaughter.

Okay my conservative friends. I took tons of slams from you guys for days. I suggested Zimmerman should be charged with negligent homocide. Manslaughter is about the same to me. All I suggested was things didn't add up and a trial needed to be held.

I decided to wait until the investigation was done to comment. What do you have to say now?

There's no chance of a fair trial. that's all over for Zimmerman.

Regardless of your perception in that regard, it is entirely appropriate that he will be arrested and charged with a crime. Not to do so would have been an atrocity.

having said that.. I repeat.. there is no chance at a fair trial. that's all over for Zimmerman"

I disagree but am open to hearing your reasoning as to why you feel that way.

No a dead teenager is not evidence...

The biggest problem with this case is motive, and proving motive.

Now how can one prove Zimmerman didn't fear for his life??

Zimmerman had no provable motive to attack the kid - they didn't even know one another.

You cant convict an individual on the grounds of speculation.

Nick, you might want to learn a little bit about our judicial system. Proof of motive is never necessary for an arrest.
"they didn't even know one another"
So if a cop walks into the subway and sees a man with a smoking gun standing over a dead guy, the dead guy "is not evidence..." of a crime because the cop can't prove motive or because they didn't know each other? Wrong.
Motive is often discovered after an arrest. it can be personal, prejudicial or psychological. In this case, it is most likely to be one of both of the latter two.
"You cant convict an individual on the grounds of speculation."
Correct. But no one was convicted. They were arrested. Thousands of arrest are made every year, based on speculation e.g. four radical Muslims were found in NYC with AK-47s, Stinger missiles and over two hundred pounds of amonium nitrate and fuel oil in a garage.
had they committed a crime? Nope. It was "speculated" that they were plotting a terrorist act and guess what? It was later proven.

The arrest is completely reasonable and actually, it would be an atrocity if one had not been made.

No the dead guy isn't the evidence but the gun is.

In this case Zimmerman already admitted to shooting Martin..

Zimmerman is claiming self defense tho...

How the fuck can anyone prove otherwise???

Especially since the back of Zimmermans head was cracked up really nice...

IMO, I don't believe Zimmerman had to shoot Martin, but my opinion doesn't matter and it certainly isn't based on the legality of self defense..

BTW, states have different laws.... I know Illinois criminal statutes/laws, I know nothing about Florida.

I do know you need evidence and motive to convict anyone of murder in any state..

There's no chance of a fair trial. that's all over for Zimmerman.

Regardless of your perception in that regard, it is entirely appropriate that he will be arrested and charged with a crime. Not to do so would have been an atrocity.

I would be able to make that determination since I haven't seen all the evidence. Apparently you have.

To Nick and Papageorgio:

Again, you guys seem unable to grasp how our judicial system works.
An arrest is normal when there is evidence of a crime.
A dead teen with a bullet in his head is such evidence.
A man holding a smoking gun is such evidence.
A phone call indicating the man was following the teen is such evidence.
This is not "all the evidence" but it is enough to issue a warrant for arrest.
An arrest is not a conviction.
It is only AFTER someone is arrested, that motive, opportunity and ability need to be proven.
That is what takes place in the trial.
It is not until trial that the state has to prove its' case.
Even then, many people are found innocent.
Even those in highly publicized and sensationalized trials.
Can you say "O.J."?
Can you say "Casey Anthony"?

The arrest was completely appropriate. The only people claiming otherwise are rather obviously ignorant of how our judicial system works.
As I originally stated, if after being arrested and tried, Zimmerman is found innocent on all charges, I'm fine with that.

Forum List

Back