Breaking News: Zimmerman to be charged.....

I wonder if someone else will get to avail themselves of Florida's stand your ground law e.g. Zimmerman's on the run, someone see's him on the street, that person feels threatened because Zimmerman's been known to carry a concealed weapon in the past, and that person shoots Zimmerman because they 'feel' threatened.
If it happened in Florida, quite honestly, they would be justified under the stand your ground law.

But it would be wrong. Very wrong. This law is probably one of the worst laws ever written.

I wonder if someone else will get to avail themselves of Florida's stand your ground law e.g. Zimmerman's on the run, someone see's him on the street, that person feels threatened because Zimmerman's been known to carry a concealed weapon in the past, and that person shoots Zimmerman because they 'feel' threatened.
If it happened in Florida, quite honestly, they would be justified under the stand your ground law.

But it would be wrong. Very wrong. This law is probably one of the worst laws ever written.

Jesus Christ! Do either one of you people have even two brain cells to rub together?

Jesus Christ! Do either one of you people have even two brain cells to rub together?

Their working on it, it isn't that easy for them.

He definently has supporters. Trayvon does also.
True. But most of those are in the race section here. I'm a justice supporter myself as pred has seemed to be from the beginning, atleast as I can tell.

Thats fine I wasn't talking about you guys per say, but you can go on the race relations board and see guys like Ariux and yidnar backing up Zimmerman because they hate Blacks, and guys like huey and 52ndstreet wanting Zimmerman killed because they hate whites, that plays a large part in this, interracial crimes get people emotional and I can understand that.

Well, I wonder if in the long run, it will much matter how this ends.In one sense, justice under the law may have been served (or so we may hope) through the judicial process. That's the only positive. On the other hand, a lot of damage has been done, and perhaps a chilling message sent. Zimmerman (assuming he can be found) is just as dead no matter how this ends, one way or the other, but THAT became inevitable once this became a media circus. He may or may not deserve that fate; which will make some happy and others angry. Except to him I suppose it won't really matter. In the end, all we'll really have is two dead pawns in a much bigger game. Casualties of war, in a way, of a social and political conflict that has no end. I wonder if we've learned anything; probably not, beyond more hate, suspicion and mistrust.

Does he have supporters? Or are you confusing us who believe in following the law with being Zimmerman supporters?

I don't see anyone saying that they support Zimmerman. I just see people countering the lynch mob mentality.

You see people defending Zimmerman under the guise of countering the mob mentality, which...there isnt one. So you defending Zimmerman under the guise of countering something that Zimmermans defenders made up in order to defend publicly without saying they are defenders of Zimmerman

I don't see anyone saying that they support Zimmerman. I just see people countering the lynch mob mentality.

You see people defending Zimmerman under the guise of countering the mob mentality, which...there isnt one. So you defending Zimmerman under the guise of countering something that Zimmermans defenders made up in order to defend publicly without saying they are defenders of Zimmerman

You are a friggin' idiot.

Now that IS funny! LOL!

You haven't read the law, have you? If you feel threatened in Florida you are justified in launching an attack to protect yourself. It wouldn't be unreasonable to believe that many people would be physically fearful of Zimmerman.

Won't work. Zimmerman has to actually threaten them, and not just from being there. You aren't actually saying that that is what happened in the case of Martin are you?

Wrong!

There only has to be a reasonable BELIEF of a threat.

The amount of ignorace you display is stunning.

Florida

2011 Florida Statutes CHAPTER 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE[20]
776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
The ignorance is yours!

The trial will be interesting, essentially putting this Stand your Ground law on trial.
The defense will not push for the trial to be moved. Demographics of Seminole County vs. Florida at large are in its favor.

The trial will be interesting, essentially putting this Stand your Ground law on trial.
The defense will not push for the trial to be moved. Demographics of Seminole County vs. Florida at large are in its favor.

There may not BE a trial, at this point only a press conference at 6:00, according to reports of an email sent out.

Wrong!

There only has to be a reasonable BELIEF of a threat.

The amount of ignorace you display is stunning.

Florida

2011 Florida Statutes CHAPTER 776 JUSTIFIABLE USE OF FORCE[20]
776.012 Use of force in defense of person.—A person is justified in using force, except deadly force, against another when and to the extent that the person reasonably believes that such conduct is necessary to defend himself or herself or another against the other’s imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person is justified in the use of deadly force and does not have a duty to retreat if:
(1) He or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony; or(2) Under those circumstances permitted pursuant to s. 776.013.
The ignorance is yours!

Reading comprehension seems to be your problem. You only read the part in orange. Still, I did say ignorance and not stupidity. You cannot help it that you have difficulty understanding what you read. I can understand that Law is difficult or any non-attornry to understand. So yeah, your ignorance is understandble but it's still ignorance. Sorry.

Zimmermna's attorney, if he stays on the case, stated earlier that the Stand Your ground Law doesn't apply in this case. Implying that it is a cut and dried case of self-defense.

We've got PLENTY of brain cells. Brain cells to spare. You, however? Not so much.

If I were you, I would stay off the sauce and eat lots of fish. You should also hope that the gov't spends some of your taxpayer money on mercury testing (on fish, among other things) and holds industry accountable for toxic dumping.

I wonder if he's going to turn himself in, or are we going to have to go on a manhunt?

BTW, it looks like the charges are going to be manslaughter.

Well let's let the system do its thing. He's screwed if he wins, he's screwed if he goes to prison. I know I'd hate to be him.

Wow imagine that, kill an unarmed teenager and your life is screwed!

I'd hate to be him too.

We've got PLENTY of brain cells. Brain cells to spare. You, however? Not so much.

If I were you, I would stay off the sauce and eat lots of fish. You should also hope that the gov't spends some of your taxpayer money on mercury testing (on fish, among other things) and holds industry accountable for toxic dumping.

Oh the irony!

True. But most of those are in the race section here. I'm a justice supporter myself as pred has seemed to be from the beginning, atleast as I can tell.

Thats fine I wasn't talking about you guys per say, but you can go on the race relations board and see guys like Ariux and yidnar backing up Zimmerman because they hate Blacks, and guys like huey and 52ndstreet wanting Zimmerman killed because they hate whites, that plays a large part in this, interracial crimes get people emotional and I can understand that.

Well, I wonder if in the long run, it will much matter how this ends.In one sense, justice under the law may have been served (or so we may hope) through the judicial process. That's the only positive. On the other hand, a lot of damage has been done, and perhaps a chilling message sent. Zimmerman (assuming he can be found) is just as dead no matter how this ends, one way or the other, but THAT became inevitable once this became a media circus. He may or may not deserve that fate; which will make some happy and others angry. Except to him I suppose it won't really matter. In the end, all we'll really have is two dead pawns in a much bigger game. Casualties of war, in a way, of a social and political conflict that has no end. I wonder if we've learned anything; probably not, beyond more hate, suspicion and mistrust.

Actually, because the prosecutor didn't take it to a grand jury, there will be no capital crimes charged, so the most he's looking at is jail time.

Forum List

Back