Breaking News: Zimmerman to be charged.....

They got notified about a press conference, not about whether or not there were going to be charges.

Just sayin. How many times are people going to jump the gun and get burned for believing unsourced news?

Good point kg; I'll wait & see IF there is a press conference.

He definently has supporters. Trayvon does also.
True. But most of those are in the race section here. I'm a justice supporter myself as pred has seemed to be from the beginning, atleast as I can tell.

Thats fine I wasn't talking about you guys per say, but you can go on the race relations board and see guys like Ariux and yidnar backing up Zimmerman because they hate Blacks, and guys like huey and 52ndstreet wanting Zimmerman killed because they hate whites, that plays a large part in this, interracial crimes get people emotional and I can understand that.
I didn't think you were talking about me or him specifically. It's all gravy, HG.

Yes, I know.

Reporters aren't good sources. They are using "un-named" and "anonymous" sources..

Just sayin just sayin....maybe they're right.

But a lot of times they're lying.

Yeah, keep denying it Kaiser Twit, but sorry to tell ya, it's not going away.

The FL prosecutor just sent out an e-mail that said she's calling a news conference at 5:00 pm EST to release new information and announce the charges.

The reporters on the ground in FL have said that they're going for manslaughter charges.

The reporters on the ground are going for manslaughter? Hell that's magnanimous of them. They already convicted him of murder..

The FL prosecutor just sent out an e-mail that said she's calling a news conference at 5:00 pm EST to release new information and announce the charges.

The reporters on the ground in FL have said that they're going for manslaughter charges.

The reporters on the ground are going for manslaughter? Hell that's magnanimous of them. They already convicted him of murder..

No, the reporters on the ground said that the prosecutor is going to announce new evidence as well as it looks like it's going to be manslaughter.

But...............he IS going to be charged.

swooshing sound.. :lol:

I wonder if he's going to turn himself in, or are we going to have to go on a manhunt?

BTW, it looks like the charges are going to be manslaughter.

That would be an easier charge to prove, where do you think he could get a fair trial?

There's no chance of a fair trial. that's all over for Zimmerman.

Regardless of your perception in that regard, it is entirely appropriate that he will be arrested and charged with a crime. Not to do so would have been an atrocity.

That would be an easier charge to prove, where do you think he could get a fair trial?

Regardless of your perception in that regard, it is entirely appropriate that he will be arrested and charged with a crime. Not to do so would have been an atrocity.

having said that.. I repeat.. there is no chance at a fair trial. that's all over for Zimmerman"

As it should be for the circumstances of a dead unarmed teenager and his killer.

This doesn't mean guilt or innocence, only that there is a reasonable chance of an indictment given the evidence if a crime occurred or not. I'd say a DEAD unarmed teenager qualifies as sufficient evidence that a crime occurred, wouldn't you?

No a dead teenager is not evidence...

The biggest problem with this case is motive, and proving motive.

Now how can one prove Zimmerman didn't fear for his life??

Zimmerman had no provable motive to attack the kid - they didn't even know one another.

You cant convict an individual on the grounds of speculation.

Nick, you might want to learn a little bit about our judicial system. Proof of motive is never necessary for an arrest.
"they didn't even know one another"
So if a cop walks into the subway and sees a man with a smoking gun standing over a dead guy, the dead guy "is not evidence..." of a crime because the cop can't prove motive or because they didn't know each other? Wrong.
Motive is often discovered after an arrest. it can be personal, prejudicial or psychological. In this case, it is most likely to be one of both of the latter two.
"You cant convict an individual on the grounds of speculation."
Correct. But no one was convicted. They were arrested. Thousands of arrest are made every year, based on speculation e.g. four radical Muslims were found in NYC with AK-47s, Stinger missiles and over two hundred pounds of amonium nitrate and fuel oil in a garage.
had they committed a crime? Nope. It was "speculated" that they were plotting a terrorist act and guess what? It was later proven.

The arrest is completely reasonable and actually, it would be an atrocity if one had not been made.

No the dead guy isn't the evidence but the gun is.

In this case Zimmerman already admitted to shooting Martin..

Zimmerman is claiming self defense tho...

How the fuck can anyone prove otherwise???

Especially since the back of Zimmermans head was cracked up really nice...

IMO, I don't believe Zimmerman had to shoot Martin, but my opinion doesn't matter and it certainly isn't based on the legality of self defense..

BTW, states have different laws.... I know Illinois criminal statutes/laws, I know nothing about Florida.

I do know you need evidence and motive to convict anyone of murder in any state..

I wonder if someone else will get to avail themselves of Florida's stand your ground law e.g. Zimmerman's on the run, someone see's him on the street, that person feels threatened because Zimmerman's been known to carry a concealed weapon in the past, and that person shoots Zimmerman because they 'feel' threatened.

Won't work. Zimmerman has to actually threaten them, and not just from being there. You aren't actually saying that that is what happened in the case of Martin are you?

Wrong!

There only has to be a reasonable BELIEF of a threat.

The amount of ignorace you display is stunning.

I would be able to make that determination since I haven't seen all the evidence. Apparently you have.

Even if he fled the country his supporters will never admit to him being guilty.

If he left the country at all (big if) -- perhaps it had something to do with the wanted dead of alive poster put out on him by the New Black Panther Party.

If he left the jurisdiction, at all, perhaps it was due to that and due to the fact that he was perfectly free to do so at the time.

IF he left at all, perhaps he will willingly come back at this point IF he is to be charged.

If Zimmerman did ANYTHING Liability will find a defense for it...good job exposing urself

Well now we get another televised trial by Nancy Grace & everyone gets to be on TV, write a book & get rich off of a tragedy. We should have expected the prosecutor to keep this case going as long as possible.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back