Breaking News: Zimmerman to be charged.....

Does he have supporters? Or are you confusing us who believe in following the law with being Zimmerman supporters?

He definently has supporters. Trayvon does also.
True. But most of those are in the race section here. I'm a justice supporter myself as pred has seemed to be from the beginning, atleast as I can tell.

Thats fine I wasn't talking about you guys per say, but you can go on the race relations board and see guys like Ariux and yidnar backing up Zimmerman because they hate Blacks, and guys like huey and 52ndstreet wanting Zimmerman killed because they hate whites, that plays a large part in this, interracial crimes get people emotional and I can understand that.

I wonder if someone else will get to avail themselves of Florida's stand your ground law e.g. Zimmerman's on the run, someone see's him on the street, that person feels threatened because Zimmerman's been known to carry a concealed weapon in the past, and that person shoots Zimmerman because they 'feel' threatened.

Won't work. Zimmerman has to actually threaten them, and not just from being there. You aren't actually saying that that is what happened in the case of Martin are you?

What the hell??

"
Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation."

Sorry, let's wait for her to announce it. It's the Washington Post, and who the hell knows if it's real or not.

I mean, it might be, but this isn't exactly the best source in the world....

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says - The Washington Post

Just heard on the news that the FL special prosecutor is going to press charges.

I hope Zimmerman hasn't fled the country, because then, everyone would start to say he's guilty as well.

Good luck with finding him guilty...

What are they going to charge him with? involuntary manslaughter?

When he is found not guilty the blacks will go bananas...

I think he was a trigger happy assclown but there is no evidence to refute Zimmermans claims. As a matter of fact the evidence supports his claims.

Good luck finding him guilty?

Let's see...already at the murder scene with the murder weapon.

Now all he has to do is prove self defense. I'm sure the autopsy on Treyvon will collaborate Zimmerman's account, especially his little story about how he was getting beat on. I'm sure that the entry and exit wounds of Zimmermans bullet will be a typical defensive track and NOT an offensive "I'm a neighborhood watch badass with a gun pretending I'm Dirty Harry" bullet track.

Just think about how RACIST you'll all look when the facts come out.
Oh, what am I saying? Since when do facts matter to conservatives?

All you're doing is speculating...

You want to believe what you want.

Facts of the case are - Martin and Zimmerman didn't know one another, hence there is no motive.

You have to prove motive and intent to try an individual on murder charges.

What you "think" happened doesn't mean dick...

The question is - Did Zimmerman feel threatened to the point where he needed to shoot Martin??

Truth is you can't prove that...

It's a stalemate...

Two guys were there that night and one of them is dead and the other is claiming self defense.

And nobody has let the Martin family know about this, which is odd since the prosecutor's office talks to them to find out where they're at and what they're doing each day...

"
Sabryna Fulton and Tracy Martin, Trayvon’s parents, said they would not comment on the charges because they had not been personally notified. They scheduled a press conference for 5 :15 p.m."

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says - The Washington Post

I wonder if someone else will get to avail themselves of Florida's stand your ground law e.g. Zimmerman's on the run, someone see's him on the street, that person feels threatened because Zimmerman's been known to carry a concealed weapon in the past, and that person shoots Zimmerman because they 'feel' threatened.

and then they collect they check from the NBP.. now that's justice.

The FL prosecutor just sent out an e-mail that said she's calling a news conference at 5:00 pm EST to release new information and announce the charges.

The reporters on the ground in FL have said that they're going for manslaughter charges.

As it should be for the circumstances of a dead unarmed teenager and his killer.

This doesn't mean guilt or innocence, only that there is a reasonable chance of an indictment given the evidence if a crime occurred or not. I'd say a DEAD unarmed teenager qualifies as sufficient evidence that a crime occurred, wouldn't you?

No a dead teenager is not evidence...

The biggest problem with this case is motive, and proving motive.

Now how can one prove Zimmerman didn't fear for his life??

Zimmerman had no provable motive to attack the kid - they didn't even know one another.

You cant convict an individual on the grounds of speculation.

Nick, you might want to learn a little bit about our judicial system. Proof of motive is never necessary for an arrest.
"they didn't even know one another"
So if a cop walks into the subway and sees a man with a smoking gun standing over a dead guy, the dead guy "is not evidence..." of a crime because the cop can't prove motive or because they didn't know each other? Wrong.
Motive is often discovered after an arrest. it can be personal, prejudicial or psychological. In this case, it is most likely to be one of both of the latter two.
"You cant convict an individual on the grounds of speculation."
Correct. But no one was convicted. They were arrested. Thousands of arrest are made every year, based on speculation e.g. four radical Muslims were found in NYC with AK-47s, Stinger missiles and over two hundred pounds of amonium nitrate and fuel oil in a garage.
had they committed a crime? Nope. It was "speculated" that they were plotting a terrorist act and guess what? It was later proven.

The arrest is completely reasonable and actually, it would be an atrocity if one had not been made.

And nobody has let the Martin family know about this, which is odd since the prosecutor's office talks to them to find out where they're at and what they're doing each day...

"
Sabryna Fulton and Tracy Martin, Trayvon’s parents, said they would not comment on the charges because they had not been personally notified. They scheduled a press conference for 5 :15 p.m."

She just released the e-mail announcing the press conference at around 2:45 pm EST.

And yes, Trayvon's family was on the list for the e-mail, so they just go notified.

Won't work. Zimmerman has to actually threaten them, and not just from being there. You aren't actually saying that that is what happened in the case of Martin are you?

Wrong!

There only has to be a reasonable BELIEF of a threat.

They got notified about a press conference, not about whether or not there were going to be charges.

Just sayin. How many times are people going to jump the gun and get burned for believing unsourced news?

Honestly? Thank God!

Now maybe we can get this national nightmare over with.

I am embarassed by the ignorance of my fellow Americans. think that they can simply sign a petition and someone can get arrested, thinking that a dead guy = murder, thinking that someone should be put in jail until the authorities can find a crime to charge him with. Hate groups can put out a bounty on a person, calling for kidnapping, and not be arrested because of their skin color. Idiots like Al Sharpton can shove his ugly face into cameras demanding that we ignore the Constitution. It's insane.

The FL prosecutor just sent out an e-mail that said she's calling a news conference at 5:00 pm EST to release new information and announce the charges.

The reporters on the ground in FL have said that they're going for manslaughter charges.

The reporters on the ground are going for manslaughter? Hell that's magnanimous of them. They already convicted him of murder..

Good luck with finding him guilty...

What are they going to charge him with? involuntary manslaughter?

When he is found not guilty the blacks will go bananas...

I think he was a trigger happy assclown but there is no evidence to refute Zimmermans claims. As a matter of fact the evidence supports his claims.

Good luck finding him guilty?

Let's see...already at the murder scene with the murder weapon.

Now all he has to do is prove self defense. I'm sure the autopsy on Treyvon will collaborate Zimmerman's account, especially his little story about how he was getting beat on. I'm sure that the entry and exit wounds of Zimmermans bullet will be a typical defensive track and NOT an offensive "I'm a neighborhood watch badass with a gun pretending I'm Dirty Harry" bullet track.

Just think about how RACIST you'll all look when the facts come out.
Oh, what am I saying? Since when do facts matter to conservatives?

All you're doing is speculating...

You want to believe what you want.

Facts of the case are - Martin and Zimmerman didn't know one another, hence there is no motive.

You have to prove motive and intent to try an individual on murder charges.

What you "think" happened doesn't mean dick...

The question is - Did Zimmerman feel threatened to the point where he needed to shoot Martin??

Truth is you can't prove that...

It's a stalemate...

Two guys were there that night and one of them is dead and the other is claiming self defense.

I think it is going to be determined on his injuries. Were his injuries bad enough for him to think his life was in danger and he had to shoot Trayvon? Was he just hit in the face or was his head being banged heavily on cement causing massive damage that you know you are in trouble?

George Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin shooting, official says

Florida special prosecutor Angela Corey plans to announce as early as Wednesday afternoon that she is charging neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, according to a law enforcement official close to the investigation.
It was not immediately clear what charge Zimmerman will face.
Martin, 17 and unarmed, was shot and killed Feb. 26 by Zimmerman, who said he was acting in self-defense. Police in Sanford, Fla., where the shooting took place, did not charge Zimmerman, citing the state’s “stand your ground” law.
Corey told reporters Tuesday night that she would hold a news conference about the case within 72 hours. A news release from her office said the event will be held in Sanford or Jacksonville, Fla.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...fficial-says/2012/04/11/gIQAHJ5oAT_print.html

Last edited:

The reporters on the ground are going for manslaughter? Hell that's magnanimous of them. They already convicted him of murder..

No, the reporters on the ground said that the prosecutor is going to announce new evidence as well as it looks like it's going to be manslaughter.

But...............he IS going to be charged.

Yes, I know.

Reporters aren't good sources. They are using "un-named" and "anonymous" sources..

Just sayin just sayin....maybe they're right.

But a lot of times they're lying.

Wrong!

There only has to be a reasonable BELIEF of a threat.

The amount of ignorace you display is stunning.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back