breaking news..mental war vets are coming home to terrorize you

You know ya Squeaking Pussy.........that particular thing isn't the only way to treat PTSD.

And, while police may have had firefight experience, I can guarantee your hairy little pussy butt that it is NOTHING compared to actual battle conditions for 6 months to a year at a time.

Police can go home at night, get drunk and beat their wives. The military can't.

Right police go home and beat up their wives. What do the wives do? Join forums just to beat up other posters?

Well Sky, domestic violence among police officers is HIGHER than what it is for the military.

Why bother to comment?

Skydancer, in the nicest, possible way:

Get fucked, you bleeding axe wound.

Why comment? Because this is a public bulletin board. I've been commenting on this thread since the beginning. Get a grip on yourself. If you didn't take your pill today, get your ass in the bathroom and fucking do so.

Jesus.

I deleted my posts. Please delete your responses. Thank you. Speaking of medication, I understand abilify works pretty well for uncontrolled aggression. It's an anti-psychotic, you may want to try it.

It does?

If it works as well as hemp to short-circuit the screaming crazies, and it can be taken PRN, I may just have to try some of that.

You know ya Squeaking Pussy.........that particular thing isn't the only way to treat PTSD.

And, while police may have had firefight experience, I can guarantee your hairy little pussy butt that it is NOTHING compared to actual battle conditions for 6 months to a year at a time.

Police can go home at night, get drunk and beat their wives. The military can't.

Plus they get to bully the weak and friendless, and knock the crap out of people, too.

Cops have ways self medicating ways of dealing with PDSD which few of us have, acutally.

It doesn't help them in the long run (that's why so many of them eat their guns for their last meal), but having someone to target their rage on helps them cope for a while, I suppose.

Naahhh.......just stick with cannabis. Pills are too iffy.

Matter of fact, I think that naturals (peyote, cannabis, magic mushrooms, etc), are SAFER than pills engineered by doctors. Why? Because all the "safety valves" are left in, so there is little to no danger of addiction, nor is it as hard on the body.

Remember, God Himself told Adam and Eve "if it grows out of the ground, you may have it for food", as well as reiterated the same thing to Moses on Sinai.

I'll show you a really good example of this by the way. Cocoa plants. If they are chewed in leaf form, they tend to help with altitude sickness, as well as are only as stimulating as a cup of coffee.

However.........remove the plant material, leaving only the active substance? Deadly, dangerous and highly addictive is cocaine's calling card.

I'm happy to see you guys freely express your contempt for the OTHER people who protect and serve.

Classy.

Most of us see very little serving and protecting going on.

Police mostly protect the public by being, rather than actually doing.

There are exceptions of course.

Surely one or two of us must have had some positive experience with a cop at least once in their lives.

I myself got lost when I was about 5 years old and a cop let me change the traffic light a couple times to take my mind off the fact that I'd though I was lost and would never see my mother.

Since then, however, I really can't say any of them ever served me or protected me specifically, except in that general way that the very existence of police tends to keep the holligans from completely taking over, of course.

Yeah I hear ya'. But it does grow tired being a member of a class who are thought criminal sometimes.

Matter of fact, I think that naturals (peyote, cannabis, magic mushrooms, etc), are SAFER than pills engineered by doctors. Why? Because all the "safety valves" are left in, so there is little to no danger of addiction, nor is it as hard on the body.

Peyote, and shooms are hardly safe, AB. Fun perhaps, but not really safe.

Remember, God Himself told Adam and Eve "if it grows out of the ground, you may have it for food", as well as reiterated the same thing to Moses on Sinai.

Preaching to the choir, amigo.

I'll show you a really good example of this by the way. Cocoa plants. If they are chewed in leaf form, they tend to help with altitude sickness, as well as are only as stimulating as a cup of coffee.

So I'm informed, as I sit drinking my 5th cup of coffee of the day.

However.........remove the plant material, leaving only the active substance? Deadly, dangerous and highly addictive is cocaine's calling card.

Actually, peyote and mushrooms (under the right conditions), are pretty safe.

There has been research lately into seeing if magic mushrooms can help with PTSD.

I hear ya'.

Peyote and shooms are hardly safe...well not if taken in quantities which actual lly make them work as hoped, at least

Preaching to the Chior

The solution is obviously to chew a LOT then.

The grey-eyed morn smiles on the frowning night,​

Chequering the eastern clouds with streaks of light,​

And flecked darkness like a drunkard reels​

From forth day's path and Titan's fiery wheels:
5​

Now, ere the sun advance his burning eye,​

The day to cheer and night's dank dew to dry,​

I must up-fill this osier cage of ours​

With baleful weeds and precious-juiced flowers.​

The earth that's nature's mother is her tomb;
10​

What is her burying grave that is her womb,​

And from her womb children of divers kind​

We sucking on her natural bosom find,​

Many for many virtues excellent,​

None but for some and yet all different.
15​

O, mickle is the powerful grace that lies​

In herbs, plants, stones, and their true qualities:​

For nought so vile that on the earth doth live​

But to the earth some special good doth give,​

Nor aught so good but strain'd from that fair use
20​

Revolts from true birth, stumbling on abuse:​

Virtue itself turns vice, being misapplied;​

And vice sometimes by action dignified.​

Within the infant rind of this small flower​

Poison hath residence and medicine power:
25​

For this, being smelt, with that part cheers each part;​

Being tasted, slays all senses with the heart.​

Two such opposed kings encamp them still​

In man as well as herbs, grace and rude will;​

And where the worser is predominant,
30​

Full soon the canker death eats up that plant.​

Actually, peyote and mushrooms (under the right conditions), are pretty safe.

Yeah...I know.

Until for some reason few of us can phathom or predict, they're not.

Od'ing on them is unlikely, of course.

But ~ damn! - they sure as hell can fracture an ego into hundreds of pieces under the wrong circumstances, and really nobody can easily predict when those wrong circumstances are upon us.

There has been research lately into seeing if magic mushrooms can help with PTSD.

I honestly cannot believe they will.

Anything that so wildly assaults the psyche strikes me as something that somebody already having mental problems should probably avoid.

Actually, there was an episode of "House" (which incidentally is pretty accurate and true), where a chess champion went psychotic and he was treated with mushrooms.

As long as you've got a baby sitter, and are in a safe environment, nothing much to worry about.

Remember what Timothy Leary taught.........

Right police go home and beat up their wives. What do the wives do? Join forums just to beat up other posters?

Well Sky, domestic violence among police officers is HIGHER than what it is for the military.

Yes it is.

Last edited:
You know what I think?

Legalize cannabis, and make it available to any returning vet suffering from PTSD. Not only has it been proven to help with stuff like cancer (physical malady), arthritis, and other things, but, it's also been proven to be effective in the treatment of Alzheimer's.

Check out the LaGuardia Report (the one that Nixon commissioned and then threw away), as well as look to Harvard Medical and the British Medical Society. They've got DOCUMENTED PROOF.

Next? Go back to the 60's and 70's and check the research (done by LaGuardia), that was done to the military.

Ya might be surprised.

Personally? I think a script for an ounce a week (Harvard checked it out and figured out a casual user is 25 joints/day or less), coupled with reimbursement would go a long ways towards helping the returning vets.

Would also work for the cops. You know that they keep quite a bit of the smoke they take off others, right?

Law Enforcement According to the Department of Justice:

* Approximately 60% of family violence victimizations were reported to police between 1998 and 2002, up from about half between 1993 and 1998.
* Among felony assault defendants convicted in State courts, 45% of persons sent to prison for family assault received a sentence of more than 2 years, compared to 77% of non-family assault offenders sent to prison.
* Federal courts convicted 90% of defendants adjudicated for an interstate domestic violence offense.
* Black women (67%) reported their victimization to police at significantly higher percentages than black men (48%), white men (45%), and white women (50%). No difference in white male and female percentages reporting emerged (45% versus 50%). Hispanic females reported intimate partner violence to the police at higher percentages than did non-Hispanic females (65% versus 52%).
* Among victims of violence by an intimate partner, the percentage of women who reported the crime was greater in 1998 (59%) than in 1993 (48%).
* Fear of reprisal by the perpetrator made up 19% of the reasons females did not report their victimization to the police. About 1 in 10 male victims and fewer than 1 in 10 female victims said they did not report the crime to the police because they did not want to get the offender in trouble with the law.
* About half of the male victims' reasons and a third of the female victims' reasons for not reporting their intimate partner victimization to the police was because it was a "private or personal matter." While this reason was the most often given by both male and female victims, it was given by male victims in a significantly higher percentage than female victims.

American Bar Association - Commission on Domestic Violence: Key Statistics

Domestic Violence in the Military
From The Miles Foundation

Interpersonal Violence Associated with the Military: Facts and Findings

The Estimates:

* Recent estimates suggest that domestic violence in the military rose from 18.6 per 1000 in 1990 to 25.6 per 1000 in 1996.

* On average each fiscal year from 1990 to 1996, 23.2 per 1000 spouses of military personnel experienced a violent victimization. -FY90-96, Spouse & Child Maltreatment, Department of Defense

* In FY 2001, 18,000 reported cases of spouse abuse occurred involving military personnel. 11,000 were substantiated, rate of substantiated aggression of 16.5 per 1000. -Symposium on DV Prevention Research, 2002

* The demographic characteristics of victims indicates that the victim is predominantly female, civilian spouse of active duty personnel who are, on average slightly less than 25 years old. The spouse abuse victims have children (78%) and more than half have been married for two years of less. Fifty-two percent of the victims live off the installation. -Abuse Victims Study, DoD, 1994 and Final Report on Spouse Abuse, Caliber Associates, 1996

* The predominant type of substantiated spouse abuse is physical abuse. 85 percent of the abuse is physical abuse. -Final Report on Spouse Abuse, Caliber Associates, 1996;

* Of the substantiated cases in 2001, 57% involved mild abuse; 36%, moderate; and 7%, severe. -Symposium on DV Prevention Research, 2002

* 33 percent of the substantiated offenders are involved in mutual abuse. -Final Report on Spouse Abuse, Caliber Associates, 1996

* Offenders are somewhat less likely to be promoted and somewhat more likely to be separated from the Service. The fear of negative consequences is probably out of proportion to the true impact. -Abuse Victims Study, DoD, 1994

* 75 to 84 percent of alleged offenders are honorably discharged. -Abuse Victims Study, DoD, 1994

* Although data are hard to obtain, it is apparent that relatively few military personnel are prosecute or administratively sanctioned on charges stemming from domestic violence. -Initial Report of the Defense Task Force on Domestic Violence, 2001

* Less than 7 percent of spouse abuse cases are adjudicated by court-marital. -Symposium on DV Prevention Research, 2002

* Rates of marital aggression are considerably higher than civilian rates, double, three to five times. -The War At Home, 60 Minutes, January 17, 1999; Heyman and Neidig. (1999). A comparison of spousal aggression prevalence rates in U.S. Army and civilian representative samples. Journal of Consulting and Clinicial Psychology, 67 (2), 239-242; Gelles, Sixty Minutes Battered the Truth, OpEd, Washington Times, 1999; Rosen, Brennan, Martin, and Knudson. (August 2002). Intimate Partner Violence and US Army Soldiers in Alaska, Military Medicine; The War At Home, 60 Minutes, September 1, 2002.

* Domestic violence homicides in the military community include:

* Navy or Marine Corps: 12 in FY 99; 54 since FY 95

* Army: 32 in FY 99; 131 since FY 95

* Air Force: 4 in FY 99; 32 since FY95

-Initial Report of the Defense Task Force on Domestic Violence, DoD, 2001

* Recent estimates suggest that sexual assault in the military is experienced by 9 to 4 percent of female service members, depending upon the service branch. An earlier study conducted by the Defense Manpower Center indicated that 5 percent of female respondents and 1 percent of male respondents were victims of actual or attempted rape. -Department of Defense Sexual Harassment Survey, 1995

* 8 percent of female Persian Gulf War veterans in a survey reported being sexually abused during Desert Shield and Desert Storm.

* 30 percent of female veterans in a recent survey reported rape or attempted rape during active duty.

* 37 percent of women who reported a rape or attempted rape had been raped more than once; 14 percent of the victims reported having been gang raped.

* The number of cases treated at VA Sexual Trauma Centers include over 22,000 male victims and over 19,000 female victims of sexual trauma. -Veterans' Millennium Health Care Act, Preliminary Findings

* 3/4ths of the female veterans who were raped did not report the incident to a ranking officer. 1/3rd didn't know how to; and 1/5th believed that rape was to be expected in the military. Women who served in Gulf War I were the only group that did not consider rape to be an expected part of military life.

Domestic Violence in the Military

I await your reply.

You realize there is no comparison of law enforcement versus military perps, right? Only that military guys appear to beat their wives at higher than average rates. You aren't good at this, ABS.

Rates of marital aggression are considerably higher than civilian rates, double, three to five times. -The War At Home, 60 Minutes, January 17, 1999; Heyman and Neidig. (1999). A comparison of spousal aggression prevalence rates in U.S. Army and civilian representative samples. Journal of Consulting and Clinicial Psychology, 67 (2), 239-242; Gelles, Sixty Minutes Battered the Truth, OpEd, Washington Times, 1999; Rosen, Brennan, Martin, and Knudson. (August 2002). Intimate Partner Violence and US Army Soldiers in Alaska, Military Medicine; The War At Home, 60 Minutes, September 1, 2002.

So far, all you've proved is that military guys beat their wives. The term law enforcement reference is due to the fact that the crime data was provided BY LAW ENFORCEMENT. THe original study was compiled by BJA, and makes no mention of law enforcement AS PERPETRATORS.

Remember, your claim was that COPS beat their wives more often that military guys.

Based on your own data, you must prove that cops beat their wives at 3 to 5 times the rate of the civilian population, since that is the rate at which military personnel do it.

I want to make it clear, I am NOT trying to rag on military personnel. I'm expecting ABS to PROVE the absurd claim he made.

Try again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back