breaking news..mental war vets are coming home to terrorize you

Well..........to be fair, there are programs available to help with PTSD. Some of them involve video game technology that allows the person to re-live the events, so that they can deal with them better.

Only trouble is, the government under George Bush Jr. didn't want to pay for it, so it fell by the wayside.

I hope Obama has more respect for my fellow service men and women than Bush Jr. did.

Remember Walter Reed?

And..........for the record.........I'm not that dangerous.

At least, until you piss me off.

this is why profiling..medications and gun restrictions should be required for all vets as insurance that you are to numb to ever get pissed off ..you know...to keep the baby's safe

Actually, meditation, yoga and martial arts help to keep me stable.

But, if I can get a permit for medical marijuana..........I'm in. Ya wanna keep me numb, let me smoke all the weed I can get.

Legalization would also help the border situation as well.

Well..........to be fair, there are programs available to help with PTSD. Some of them involve video game technology that allows the person to re-live the events, so that they can deal with them better.

Only trouble is, the government under George Bush Jr. didn't want to pay for it, so it fell by the wayside.

I hope Obama has more respect for my fellow service men and women than Bush Jr. did.

Remember Walter Reed?

Walter Reed was target by BRAC for base closure years ago, that's why it was in disrepair. The new Walter Reed will be on the grounds of the Bethesda Naval Hospital.

As to PTSD, there is lots of treatment. None of it very good.

Remember Walter Reed?

Given his open willingness to kick you in the junk regarding health coverage, I would be very uncertain as to his support of the troops beyond teleprompted encouragement.

As to legalized weed....long overdue.

So smoke up Johnny....

Bush Jr. just paid lip service. He didn't do shit for the troops.

Remember the lack of helmet liners? How's about Halliburton's input at Walter Reed and Iraq (you know....the showers that killed soldiers by electricity)?

What about the HumVees that were NOT ARMORED?

Need I go on?

this is why profiling..medications and gun restrictions should be required for all vets as insurance that you are to numb to ever get pissed off ..you know...to keep the baby's safe

But, if I can get a permit for medical marijuana..........I'm in. Ya wanna keep me numb, let me smoke all the weed I can get.

you have my vote..the government doesn't like weed tho...they like speed and booze...soldiers can kill without question all day long on speed and booze...just like loggers clear cutting forest..but if they smoke weed the next thing you know they are all like...wow man those trees are beautiful..do we really need to cut them all down and..look at those beautiful woman and children...do we really need to drop bombs on them ?? is there maybe another way ??...and other such subversive thinking

you have my vote..the government doesn't like weed tho...they like speed and booze...soldiers can kill without question all day long on speed and booze...just like loggers clear cutting forest..but if they smoke weed the next thing you know they are all like...wow man those trees are beautiful..do we really need to cut them all down and..look at those beautiful woman and children...do we really need to drop bombs on them ?? is there maybe another way ??...and other such subversive thinking

Is that the problem with legalization? I never put it together like that. I hope you're wrong, but I fear maybe you're not.

They did EXACTLY the same shit to the Viet Nam vets, folks. We had about 10 years of movies, tv programs and so forth that were designed to discredit Veit Nam vets, too.

Welcome to our world, boys.

You see, when the boys come back and are pissed that they were wasted, it makes the chickenhawk insiders who sent them fearful that these guys might actually take it personally and start taking it out on these criminals personally, too

So what the Chickehawks must do is immediately begin the process of making the boobalas Americas (you'll know them by their "support our troops" bumperstickers) distrustful of the very same people they cheered for.

Kind of disgusting isn't it?

My favorite group of Vets of all time were the WWI vets I knew when I was a young man.

I never met one who was not STILL pissed.

And I never met one who didn't think that the government's wars were anything but wars of imperialism.

If you guys think the Viet Nam vets were angry, imagine how pissed those WWI guys were who were still angry and distrustful of their government's motives even fifty years after they got back.

You are a MORON. But then I already knew that LONG before this post. Remind us again how you got caught with weed in your house ILLEGALLY but were being picked on by big brother. Remind us how we should give to the Government TOTAL control of the entire Health Care industry, every last little piece of it. Dumb Ass.

Ya know......the whole reason that marijuana was made illegal, was because Anslinger (the FBI dude who made it illegal), was a racist, Dow had just come up with plastic, and the publisher wanted to continue logging.

Anslinger made it illegal in 1939 over in El Paso because the main users of cannabis were Hispanics and Blacks.

Watch this.........and watch the follow ons as well. It's on YouTube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvUgJEhQ5cY[/ame]

Remember Walter Reed?

Another RETARD, the Obama Administration is the one claiming all vets are dangerous and should be monitored.

Bush Jr. just paid lip service. He didn't do shit for the troops.

Remember the lack of helmet liners? How's about Halliburton's input at Walter Reed and Iraq (you know....the showers that killed soldiers by electricity)?

What about the HumVees that were NOT ARMORED?

Need I go on?

Helmets do not have Liners anymore. Haven't for YEARS.

The Hummers were not armored because they are NOT supposed to be dumb ass. The military had a plan LONG before Bush was ever elected President and it stated only a very small percentage of Hunners were to be armored, JUST like 5 ton trucks are NOT armored. They are not Armored vehicles you retard. In fact putting all that armor on them breaks them down quicker then unarmed, why? Cause they were not DESIGNED to carry that weight.

Ohh and you moron, the armor they did put on them only sorta protects those not in the immediate kill zone of the blast. The Terrorists were using fucking Howitzer shells as bombs. Those will knock a tank over if it is close enough to the blast point.

You are beyond idiotic.

Yo, RGS, did you ever serve in a combat environment? If so, didn't it affect you a bit?

I'm not saying all vets should be monitored, but, the ones that have problems, SHOULD be able to get help. And not any of that crappy healthcare that the Bush Jr. admin threw around.

And......if helmet liners were not required, why did Cher start up a movement to make them available?

Really? You're citing Cher for something military?

That's like me bringing up Patton for quilting.

No, Kevlar helmets don't have liners. The last time helmet liners were used in the Army was in the early 1980s. We had steel pots and helmet liners when I was in Basic in 1982 and in Ft. Ord in 1983, but by the time I went to Germany in 1984, we had Kevlars and the suspension system was built into the helmet.

No more multiuse field basin. We missed the steel pot a lot, but the kevlar kept the helmet on your head where it belongs.

They did EXACTLY the same shit to the Viet Nam vets, folks. We had about 10 years of movies, tv programs and so forth that were designed to discredit Veit Nam vets, too.

You see, when the boys come back and are pissed that they were wasted, it makes the chickenhawk insiders who sent them fearful that these guys might actually take it personally and start taking it out on these criminals personally, too

So what the Chickehawks must do is immediately begin the process of making the boobalas Americas (you'll know them by their "support our troops" bumperstickers) distrustful of the very same people they cheered for.

My favorite group of Vets of all time were the WWI vets I knew when I was a young man.

And I never met one who didn't think that the government's wars were anything but wars of imperialism.

If you guys think the Viet Nam vets were angry, imagine how pissed those WWI guys were who were still angry and distrustful of their government's motives even fifty years after they got back.
They had good cause, they were told they were fighting the war to end wars and for 'democracy.'

Then they noticed the victorious allies were in fact massive slave holding imperialists (as were their enimes) who just took over the Central power's empires and expanded their own, giving freedom to none and setting the stage for another world war 20 years later.

Obama's Department of Homeland Security Advisors disagree with your assessment of who is fearful of whom, Ed.

Homeland Security is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity," saying the economic recession, the election of America's first black president and the return of a few disgruntled war veterans could swell the ranks of white-power militias.

A footnote attached to the report by the Homeland Security Office of Intelligence and Analysis defines "rightwing extremism in the United States" as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority.

"It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," the warning says.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/14/federal-agency-warns-of-radicals-on-right/

P.S. - I don't recall any "chickenhawks" spitting on Viet Nam Vets and calling them baby-killers nor any "chickenhawks" producing movies in Hollywood.

Edit - Since I am pro-life, anti-Illegal-immigration, pro-states rights, an Army Vet and pro-2nd ammendment...I must be a rightwing radical too...and I would have never known without this DHS assessment.

(Thank Goodness I'm not a 911 truther or a Ron-Paul supporter, or Obama would have me at Gitmo already).

Last edited:
the definition he gave of hate groups was people that thought the government was trying to take our freedom or guns ..that was the criteria...that means anyone in any kind of government watch dog group or gun rights group is a threat a domestic terrorist.!..and the reason vets join these groups and are welcomed is because they have credibility and respect as vets but he says...its because they know how to make bombs !!...to not be a extremist threat ...you must then have to be a government trusting..anti liberty.. anti-gun... Obama lover.... who has never served in the military..all others are suspect

Cher – Supporting the Troops
Richard Gardner | Friday, June 30, 2006

This almost goes in the Gone Hollywood section, but Cher is doing a class act in gathering attention to the troops, while still opposing the concept of the war in Iraq. She is putting her money (over $130K) and celeb status behind an effort to improve soldiers’ helmets.

Cher, who opposes the war in Iraq but supports the troops, says using her celebrity to promote effective helmets for U.S. soldiers is rewarding — and “the right thing to do.”

“To be able to use your celebrity for something that you really think is worthwhile is so rewarding,” the 60-year-old singer-actress says in an interview that aired Wednesday night on CNN’s “Anderson Cooper 360.” “It just makes you feel like this is the right thing to do. This is the American thing to do,” she tells Cooper. Excerpts of the interview were released in advance.

Cher says it makes her angry “when people say that if you’re not for the war, you don’t support the troops. And I’m not for the war. And I really support the troops.”

It turns out she called in to CSPAN over Memorial Day Weekend, shocking the host once he recognized the “Malibu, California” voice

“Hello? This is Malibu, Calif., I’m going to try to be really calm while I’m talking about this. … ” Cher told Scully.

“Is this Cher?” he asked, after recognizing her world-famous voice.

“Yeah,” she said. “I know that I am an entertainer and from Hollywood and should have no conscience, but I am an American and I just cannot bear these people for another moment.”

The cost of a helmet upgrade is $71.

Operation Helmet They are making helmet liners that absorb more shock, potentially saving lives. The Army has decided to install these liners in all helmets, the Marines are still studying the issue.

Cher – Supporting the Troops

Really? Helmets have not had helmet liners? Then why did Cher start this up?

I smoke dope to make other people harmless, too, AB.

Why, exactly I got so forking crazy right after I got out I don't know.

Except for the race riots in the military in the early 70s, I never saw combat.

Apparently I managed to get NTSD (NO TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER)

He would have described what you do as being on code yellow, which is where you are supposed to be. Don't walk near the entrance to an alley way, walk close to the street. Always pick out the people in the crowd that could potentially be a threat to you. Always know where the exit is and where the closest "cover" as opposed to concealment is. And on and on.

This is pretty much how I live.

I never sit with my back to a door, particularly in restaurants and/or public places. I always notice people who look like they don't belong. I used to think about things when I worked on the street like: "Where would I go if something blew up fast." For instance, the safest place in or around your car, if there is shooting, is behind the engine block.

If you work with gang members on the street, you don't worry about the kids you know shooting you, you worry about their enemies trying to shoot them, and accidentally shooting you. So, when I would go to houses, and be in a living room or whatever, I'd think about where I sat...next to a bookcase, instead of in front of a window. Stopping on the street to talk to kids, I learned to drive up slow, let them spot who I was, get out of my car, walk up slow with my hands away from my body, so they knew I wasn't a threat.

I still don't wear jewelry. I don't own and will never buy a flashy car. I never leave stuff of value in my car. I don't want to give people an opportunity or reason to steal from me.

I learned all this stuff the hard way.

PTSD is just code word for: "Having had the unsettling realization that your worst nightmares could actually come true."

Most people simply try not to think about it. People with PTSD can't help thinking about it and planning for it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back