Breaking News: 'Hamas accepts Israel's right to exist'

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Hamas ready to cancel charter, senior member says | Middle East

Hamas has accepted Israel's right to exist and would be prepared to nullify its charter, which calls for the destruction of Israel, Aziz Dwaik, Hamas's most senior representative in the West Bank, said on Wednesday.

Dwaik's remarks are seen in the context of Hamas's attempts to win recognition from the international community.

Dwaik is the elected speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council. He was released a few months ago after spending nearly three years in an Israeli prison.

During the meeting in Hebron, Dwaik stressed that other Hamas leaders, including Damascus-based leader Khaled Mashaal and Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, have voiced support for the idea of establishing an independent Palestinian state within the pre-1967 boundaries.

"The [Hamas] charter was drafted more than 20 years ago," Dwaik noted, adding that his movement would even be prepared to "nullify" the document.

"No one wants to throw anyone into the sea," he said

Willing to bet a number of people didn't see this coming.

Hamas ready to cancel charter, senior member says | Middle East

Hamas has accepted Israel's right to exist and would be prepared to nullify its charter, which calls for the destruction of Israel, Aziz Dwaik, Hamas's most senior representative in the West Bank, said on Wednesday.

Dwaik's remarks are seen in the context of Hamas's attempts to win recognition from the international community.

Dwaik is the elected speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council. He was released a few months ago after spending nearly three years in an Israeli prison.

During the meeting in Hebron, Dwaik stressed that other Hamas leaders, including Damascus-based leader Khaled Mashaal and Gaza Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh, have voiced support for the idea of establishing an independent Palestinian state within the pre-1967 boundaries.

"The [Hamas] charter was drafted more than 20 years ago," Dwaik noted, adding that his movement would even be prepared to "nullify" the document.

"No one wants to throw anyone into the sea," he said

Willing to bet a number of people didn't see this coming.

Willing to bet it's a bunch of bullshit and a pack of lies.

I trust the Hamas as far as I could pick their fat, flatulent, falafel filled asses up and throw 'em.

As in....NOT AT ALL.

Bukhari:V7B67N427
The Prophet said, 'If I take an oath and later find something else better than that, then I do what is better and expiate my oath.

This is from the Jerusalem Post so I will wait and see if this is true. So far no one else is reporting it.

I guess Dwaik is afraid of drinking tea with Rabin, too...

did you really think Hamas wants peace? :lol:

Hamas on Thursday denied a report in an Israeli newspaper that the Resistance Movement is ready to accept Israel's right to exist. The JPost added that Dr. Aziz Dwaik, Hamas' senior representative in the West Bank and speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council, stated also that Hamas is ready to nullify its charter calling for the destruction of Israel.

According to the report, Dwaik made the comments during a meeting Wednesday with British tycoon David Abrahams in Hebron.

Dwaik told Hamas website on Thursday that the report was "inaccurate". According to him, Hamas will never recognize the occupation on Palestinian lands. Dr. Dwaik stated he told Abrahams that the PLO abolished its charter following the agreements with Israel but the Palestinian people didn't benefit from this move.

albawaba.com middle east news information::Hamas denies report on readiness to accept Israel's right to exist

Now y'all need to stop treating Israel like it's the one being unreasonable. You can't have one-sided peace talks.

Hamas on Thursday denied a report in an Israeli newspaper that the Resistance Movement is ready to accept Israel's right to exist. The JPost added that Dr. Aziz Dwaik, Hamas' senior representative in the West Bank and speaker of the Palestinian Legislative Council, stated also that Hamas is ready to nullify its charter calling for the destruction of Israel.

According to the report, Dwaik made the comments during a meeting Wednesday with British tycoon David Abrahams in Hebron.

Dwaik told Hamas website on Thursday that the report was "inaccurate". According to him, Hamas will never recognize the occupation on Palestinian lands. Dr. Dwaik stated he told Abrahams that the PLO abolished its charter following the agreements with Israel but the Palestinian people didn't benefit from this move.

albawaba.com middle east news information::Hamas denies report on readiness to accept Israel's right to exist

Now y'all need to stop treating Israel like it's the one being unreasonable. You can't have one-sided peace talks.

That is why I questioned this report. What has been on the table for a long time is that Hamas will recognize Israel's existence (not right to exist) and would accept a Palestinian state on '67 borders.

Of course this offer was rejected by Israel.

That is why I questioned this report. What has been on the table for a long time is that Hamas will recognize Israel's existence (not right to exist) and would accept a Palestinian state on '67 borders.

why would israel agree to 67 borders?

all philosophical considerations aside, life is funny. the pals rejected the 67 borders when they and their buds attacked Israel. Israel won land in defensive battle.

Now the pals want a do-over?

yah.. that's a reasonable expectation -- not.

they should have taken the deal offered to Arafat. It gave them 98% of what they wanted. But he was a coward and was afraid of getting killed by his own.

The drafters of UN Res. 242 did not expect Israel to return to '67 borders.

why would israel agree to 67 borders?

all philosophical considerations aside, life is funny. the pals rejected the 67 borders when they and their buds attacked Israel. Israel won land in defensive battle.

Now the pals want a do-over?

yah.. that's a reasonable expectation -- not.

they should have taken the deal offered to Arafat. It gave them 98% of what they wanted. But he was a coward and was afraid of getting killed by his own.

You have only heard the sales pitch version of that 98%.

The reality is that Israel would control all border crossings including the one between Palestine and Jordan. Israel would control all imports and exports like it does in Gaza now. Israel would control who can enter and who can leave like it does in Gaza now. Palestine would have no military. Israel would retain the "right" to enter Palestine at will to arrest or kill anyone they wish. Israel would control the water and magnetic spectrum. No refugees would be allowed to return home.

There is no way any Palestinian would agree to that.

The reality is that Israel would control all border crossings including the one between Palestine and Jordan. Israel would control all imports and exports like it does in Gaza now. Israel would control who can enter and who can leave like it does in Gaza now. Palestine would have no military. Israel would retain the "right" to enter Palestine at will to arrest or kill anyone they wish. Israel would control the water and magnetic spectrum. No refugees would be allowed to return home.

Given Israel encompasses most of Palestine, wouldn't Jews be Palestinians, dummy?

Given Israel encompasses most of Palestine, wouldn't Jews be Palestinians, dummy?

Palestinians are Muslims, Christians, and Jews. They lived together peacefully for centuries. Those who wanted to move to, or return to, the Holy Land were welcome to do so. Palestine was self sufficient with a good export trade.

Then Israel came along and destroyed the Holy Land. There has been nothing but death and destruction since.

Then Israel came along and destroyed the Holy Land. There has been nothing but death and destruction since.

Then, Muslims came along in the 7th century and destroyed the Holy Land, shit head. There has been nothing but death and destruction since, retard.

you know, you keep saying things like that. yet you presume that the propaganda that you listen to is true. I don't. And given your lack of knowledge of history, I don't know why I would accept your assertions about anything else.

How would Israel control all border crossings when Egypt shares at least one border?

Frankly, what you want is a situation where Israel has no defensible borders. And if you think I don't know that's what the lies are about, you're mistaken. People like you seem to think everyone else is stupid and they don't know when you're saying things that aren't true and don't know what your agenda is.

As for water, Israel already shares riparian rights with Syria, which has repeatedly tried to shut down Israel's access to water. Israel has no problem sharing riparian rights with the pals either. It's the pals who have asserted for as long as I can remember that Israel has no right to water.

I don't know what you're talking about in terms of Israel's right to "re-enter" Gaza. But if you mean that Israel will absolutely retaliate against terrorist attacks, well, yeah, and?

If someone were lobbing missiles at your children, you'd blow them off the face of the earth. Israel has been remarkably restrained in that regard, if not always perfect.

And if the pals won't agree to anything other than israel's self-immolation, well, that's their problem because jews aren't going to die to appease terrorists. In the meantime, the pals are the ones who want a state (which they should have formed in the last 60 plus years, anyway)... israel already has one.

Finally, as for refugees. Will never happen because disparate birth rates would have the pals overruning israel in a decade... and we all know that's what that argument is about, too.

Me? I want my great grandfather's property in Belarus. You out there fighting for my "right" to it?

I am curious about your "interest" in this subject, though, since it's clear your "knowledge" is intensely flawed and biased.

Last edited:

you know, you keep saying things like that. yet you presume that the propaganda that you listen to is true. I don't. And given your lack of knowledge of history, I don't know why I would accept your assertions about anything else.

How would Israel control all border crossings when Egypt shares at least one border?

Frankly, what you want is a situation where Israel has no defensible borders. And if you think I don't know that's what the lies are about, you're mistaken. People like you seem to think everyone else is stupid and they don't know when you're saying things that aren't true and don't know what your agenda is.

As for water, Israel already shares riparian rights with Syria, which has repeatedly tried to shut down Israel's access to water. Israel has no problem sharing riparian rights with the pals either. It's the pals who have asserted for as long as I can remember that Israel has no right to water.

I don't know what you're talking about in terms of Israel's right to "re-enter" Gaza. But if you mean that Israel will absolutely retaliate against terrorist attacks, well, yeah, and?

If someone were lobbing missiles at your children, you'd blow them off the face of the earth. Israel has been remarkably restrained in that regard, if not always perfect.

And if the pals won't agree to anything other than israel's self-immolation, well, that's their problem because jews aren't going to die to appease terrorists. In the meantime, the pals are the ones who want a state (which they should have formed in the last 60 plus years, anyway)... israel already has one.

Finally, as for refugees. Will never happen because disparate birth rates would have the pals overruning israel in a decade... and we all know that's what that argument is about, too.

Me? I want my great grandfather's property in Belarus. You out there fighting for my "right" to it?

I am curious about your "interest" in this subject, though, since it's clear your "knowledge" is intensely flawed and biased.

The US has been paying Egypt $2B a year since 1979 to side with Israel.

Israel has no borders.

Palestinians are rationed with little water while settlers have swimming pools and lush lawns.

The proposed Palestinian "state" would not be allowed any defense of its borders.

If someone was doing to you what Israel is doing to Gaza, you would be lobbing missiles too.

Whether Israel or Palestine are states are debatable issues.

I am just a person seeking justice.

Dummy, Israel is a state established under international law, the Palestine Mandate, ratified unanimously by the League of Nations, and by UN Res. 181.

Dummy, Israel encompasses most of Palestine. There is no state known as Palestine, moron.

The US has been paying Egypt $2B a year since 1979 to side with Israel.

Israel has no borders.

Palestinians are rationed with little water while settlers have swimming pools and lush lawns.

The proposed Palestinian "state" would not be allowed any defense of its borders.

If someone was doing to you what Israel is doing to Gaza, you would be lobbing missiles too.

how much does the U.S. give to Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and the pals every year?

Israelis have water because they learned how to de-salinate and actually built things.

no. terrorists wouldn't be allowed to be armed. japan had no military for a long time, too. that's life.

Israel is surrounded by Arab countries, so I don't know what you're talking about in terms of Israel having no borders.

No. israel is a State. Too bad if you don't like that.

And no, you aren't a person seeking justice or you wouldn't be spreading lies and would actually learn your history. THEN you can talk about "justice".

And like I said... are you fighting for my right to my family's land in Belarus? Or is it just the only Jewish country that gets your ire?

Dummy, Israel is a state established under international law, the Palestine Mandate, ratified unanimously by the League of Nations, and by UN Res. 181.

Dummy, Israel encompasses most of Palestine. There is no state known as Palestine, moron.

UN resolution 181 is irrelevant. It was never implemented. Palestine was never partitioned.

The Palestine Mandate never promised or set up a Jewish State.

Forum List

Back