Is Hamas Caving?

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Is Hamas Caving?

4 Moc 2-23 ~~ By Matt Margolis

It looks like Hamas realizes that is is outmatched by Israel’s military power, and is getting desperate. According to recent reports, Hamas is now offering to release civilian hostages in exchange for a short, five-day ceasefire.
"Although the terms have varied in recent weeks, Hamas has indicated most recently that it would release all civilian hostages in exchange for a five-day pause, according to diplomats familiar with the discussions who spoke on the condition of anonymity about the sensitive matter. Israeli military captives, whose precise number is unknown, would be retained, possibly to eventually be offered in trade for Palestinian prisoners in Israel,” reports The Washington Post.
Sporadic, indirect negotiations are being held in Doha, Qatar’s capital, where they have waxed and waned depending on the tempo of Israeli strikes. With Qatari officials as go-betweens, the United States has been variously represented by Barbara Leaf, the State Department’s assistant secretary for the Near East, and White House and State Department hostage negotiators, diplomats said. Representatives of Israel’s Mossad national intelligence agency have also traveled to Doha. Ismail Haniyeh, Hamas’s top political leader, who lives in Turkey, has participated, along with former leader and current head of Hamas diaspora affairs Khaled Meshaal, who lives in Qatar.
~Snip~
It’s easy to hear this news and consider it a source of celebration, but considering the fact that the hostages have been the only leverage Hamas has in this situation, there’s ample reason to be suspicious of their true intentions here. Originally, they attempted a slow trickle of hostages in order to stave off a ground invasion. What are they attempting to pull off now? It seems that a five day ceasefire would be exploited to gain a tactical advantage, or it’s a trick, and they have no intention of releasing hostages at all. Hamas also demanded more humanitarian aid for civilians.
We’ve seen that scam before, too. The fact is, Hamas never misses a trick, and at the moment, it looks like Israel isn’t about to fall for the terror group’s games. According to The Washington Post, Netanyahu "rejected any effort to link hostage talks with a pause in the fighting, saying just minutes after Blinken publicly called for it that consideration of any cease-fire would happen only after all of the hostages were freed."
Either way, the scheme reeks of desperation, and it’s clear that Israel’s military is overwhelming Hamas.

Commentary:
Hamas is shooting their own people that are trying to escape. It does not look like they are caving to me.
Israel did not choose to have this war in the Gaza densely populated territory. Hamas chose to attack and pick the field of action..
This war is now a binary choice. Either you have it with all the ugly collateral damage it entails, or you don’t. The equivocating global political class are insisting from the comfort of their couches there is a fantasy antiseptic half pregnancy option filled with cease fires and pauses.
If Hamas wants a “ceasefire”, they need to turn over every one of their terrorist murderers so they can be hanged in public in Gaza by the Israeli families who had family members tortured, raped, murdered and beheaded.

Last edited:
They are also trying to escape into Egypt with wounded refugees. Egypt turns a bunch back every time they open their border to let foreign nationals and the wounded out....They are emptying out ambulances of the wounded and taking their place.

Here is the other perspective . Macgregor .
Disciplined and sober strategic thinking by someone who assessed the Ukraine situation correctly week after week and month after month .Never wrong .

He tells you why Israel is blundering badly and decimation of Gaza might itself bring down Israel .

Effective Video time 15 minutes .

Last edited:

Is Hamas Caving?

4 Moc 2-23 ~~ By Matt Margolis

It looks like Hamas realizes that is is outmatched by Israel’s military power, and is getting desperate. According to recent reports, Hamas is now offering to release civilian hostages in exchange for a short, five-day ceasefire.
"Although the terms have varied in recent weeks, Hamas has indicated most recently that it would release all civilian hostages in exchange for a five-day pause, according to diplomats familiar with the discussions who spoke on the condition of anonymity about the sensitive matter. Israeli military captives, whose precise number is unknown, would be retained, possibly to eventually be offered in trade for Palestinian prisoners in Israel,” reports The Washington Post.
Sporadic, indirect negotiations are being held in Doha, Qatar’s capital, where they have waxed and waned depending on the tempo of Israeli strikes. With Qatari officials as go-betweens, the United States has been variously represented by Barbara Leaf, the State Department’s assistant secretary for the Near East, and White House and State Department hostage negotiators, diplomats said. Representatives of Israel’s Mossad national intelligence agency have also traveled to Doha. Ismail Haniyeh, Hamas’s top political leader, who lives in Turkey, has participated, along with former leader and current head of Hamas diaspora affairs Khaled Meshaal, who lives in Qatar.
~Snip~
It’s easy to hear this news and consider it a source of celebration, but considering the fact that the hostages have been the only leverage Hamas has in this situation, there’s ample reason to be suspicious of their true intentions here. Originally, they attempted a slow trickle of hostages in order to stave off a ground invasion. What are they attempting to pull off now? It seems that a five day ceasefire would be exploited to gain a tactical advantage, or it’s a trick, and they have no intention of releasing hostages at all. Hamas also demanded more humanitarian aid for civilians.
We’ve seen that scam before, too. The fact is, Hamas never misses a trick, and at the moment, it looks like Israel isn’t about to fall for the terror group’s games. According to The Washington Post, Netanyahu "rejected any effort to link hostage talks with a pause in the fighting, saying just minutes after Blinken publicly called for it that consideration of any cease-fire would happen only after all of the hostages were freed."
Either way, the scheme reeks of desperation, and it’s clear that Israel’s military is overwhelming Hamas.

Commentary:
Hamas is shooting their own people that are trying to escape. It does not look like they are caving to me.
Israel did not choose to have this war in the Gaza densely populated territory. Hamas chose to attack and pick the field of action..
This war is now a binary choice. Either you have it with all the ugly collateral damage it entails, or you don’t. The equivocating global political class are insisting from the comfort of their couches there is a fantasy antiseptic half pregnancy option filled with cease fires and pauses.
If Hamas wants a “ceasefire”, they need to turn over every one of their terrorist murderers so they can be hanged in public in Gaza by the Israeli families who had family members tortured, raped, murdered and beheaded.
I think you couldn't be more correct, Doc7505. Here's a man who believes God is cleansing the "Hamas" which is defined as "violence" and is prophesied to be cleansed to leave the Jewish people alone for the duration of time (if my interpretation of what this man says is true):

Here is the other perspective . Macgregor .
Disciplined and sober strategic thinking by someone who assessed the Ukraine situation correctly week after week and month after month .Never wrong .

He tells you why Israel is blundering badly and decimation of Gaza might itself bring down Israel .

Effective Video time 15 minutes .

10:18 & on.....~S~

I think you couldn't be more correct, Doc7505. Here's a man who believes God is cleansing the "Hamas" which is defined as "violence" and is prophesied to be cleansed to leave the Jewish people alone for the duration of time (if my interpretation of what this man says is true):

Pot / Kettle Beaut, it gets old....~S~

It would appear Hamas along with Gaza are toast

just don't ask me to applaud it all

~S~
Me, too, Sparky, but the evidence shows this egregious bombing of Israel people because they are Jews was not right, and has continued from the days of suicide bombing, threats, and this unprovoked unthinkable violence should not be played after what happened to the Israeli people in the past month. Sending Jews to Europe didn't work out as Hitler went after them by the millions in count in WWII. Once again, the Israeli people were sent back to their ancestral home of four thousand years by way of agreement to prevent more mass murders of Jewish people by restoring their country to them in the short years after WWII was put to rest with Hitler's demise.

Pot / Kettle Beaut, it gets old....~S~
I am not Jewish, sparky. I am merely mirroring what I have seen on television and readback when antisemites were strapping bombs onto their babies and placing them near Jewish assemblies until they blew up a lot of Jewish people, long after WWII was over.

"October 7, 2023"

Last edited:
Once again, the Israeli people were sent back to their ancestral home of four thousand years by way of agreement to prevent more mass murders
You'll forgive me for quoting you out of context Beaut, but they are committing mass murder

While claiming they're defending themselves

While quoting biblical 'chosen ones' passages as justification

~S~

10:18 & on.....~S~
Exactly .
And Secretary Austin is astonishing .
How on earth has he gained any position of responsibility ?
He is a very dangerous bought man .

I would like to alert people to the Israeli Dagan Plan which seems to guarantee that they will bring disaster on themselves .
However , this chat site is not a good place for long and detailed threads .
Doubt whether more than two or three here will even watch this short video let alone wade through Dagan details which cover decades of Israeli infamy . imho .

Reactions: "thumbsdown image" by surada

1699310619909.gif

Mr. or Ms. surada, last week I heard nothing but moaning and groaning that there were no pictures of beheaded babies, very few pictures of the inside of Hebrew homes with dead families being put in body bags full of gore were allowed, and even above, bodies are in bags, and you can't see everything people here were demanding, and since there were no pics, the belief that nothing had happened was prevalent here and elsewhere.

There is only slightly more evidence in the above videos, except for the explosions in the third one. but it's evidence. The things reported are told in the words of those who saw them, and apparently youtube does not allow certain horrific pictures shown, or even our government may have told them to cool it on the blood and gore described. So even though what is allowed to be shown is minimal gore, but it's more or less more illustrative than the nothing I saw online in the last couple of weeks. And the overhead bombing obfuscates victim by the dust the buildings became upon being bombed to death.

I refuse to take the side of this heinous attempt to level Israel nor the aftermath of people driven mad by seeing their infants heads lopped off. I've cried a few times about the villany of all of this, but Israel is putting the world on notice to leave them alone or take the consequences in equal measure by the Israeli Defense of their homeland of four thousand years. But critics on campuses have ignored what caused Israel's less than pleasant defense after the fact.

I've proved what I said in the last two weeks is true after several people said I was lying if I couldn't show pictures of the violence. The most sickening images will never be there in a civil setting because only one group of Arabs, not all of Arabia, caused this horrible event. The group's name is Hamas, and they have a sidekick group called Hezbollah who wants to get their two cents in on Jewish people by way of more bloodshed and unlawful rearranging of the real estate bombings in Israel.

Attachments

• 1699310605738.gif
    1699310605738.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:
Well you're only hearing one side then Beaut....~S~
People have a tendency to shoot the messenger when something as untoward as Oct. 7 and the predictable aftermath of such an atrocity is equal in every way to the original murder spree. I'm done being damned as the messenger. Good day. :rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back