Breaking: NASA ranks 2017 as the second-warmest year, after 2016

I just love threads like this after I cleaned another 6 inches of global warming off my car. My grandkids have been out of school for a week and a half because the snow won't melt off of the roads and last night it was 3 degrees with a wind chill of about -10.
Just for you;

And, in the meantime, in the rest of the world;

gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

gfs_nh-sat3_t2anom_1-day.png

Climate Reanalyzer

Even without El Niño.
There are several defense mechanisms conservatives may use in order to control the anger resulting from this news.
1) Rate the thread "funny"
2) Say that it's really cold in a region of a country, rather than in Earth as a whole.
3) Benghazi!

2017 Was One of the Hottest Years on Record. And That Was Without El Niño.

4) the Earth has been warming for the last 12,000 years already.
Don't make things up.

Read it ‘n weap. Unless of course you are a science denier.

The Holocene, starting with abrupt warming 11,700 years ago, resulted in rapid melting of the remaining ice sheets of North America and Europe. The retreat of glaciers altered landscapes in many ways and is currently still acting as a result of climate change.

Holocene glacial retreat - Wikipedia
I once got sick due to a cold.
If I then get sick due to measles, the fact that a cold got me sick before doesn't disprove that measles got me sick too.

The world warmed for non-human reasons at times in the past. The world is warming due to human reasons now.
Duh.

Even without El Niño.
There are several defense mechanisms conservatives may use in order to control the anger resulting from this news.
2) Say that it's really cold in a region of a country, rather than in Earth as a whole.
3) Benghazi!

Wonder what the hottest year was before we started keeping records?
Maybe some of you psychics can contact our dead ancestors? Surely you demi gods are mediums too?
Well, Here is the last 450 thousand years...

CO2 and Ice Ages.JPG

Even without El Niño.
3) Benghazi!

Don't make things up.

The Holocene, starting with abrupt warming 11,700 years ago, resulted in rapid melting of the remaining ice sheets of North America and Europe. The retreat of glaciers altered landscapes in many ways and is currently still acting as a result of climate change.

If I then get sick due to measles, the fact that a cold got me sick before doesn't disprove that measles got me sick too.

The world warmed for non-human reasons at times in the past. The world is warming due to human reasons now.
Duh.
Prove it

Even without El Niño.
3) Benghazi!

Don't make things up.

Duh.

"The world is warming due to human reasons now."

Wrong Again...

I explained it HERE

Even without El Niño.
3) Benghazi!

Not at this rate.
Holecene 2.JPG

Were pretty much flat now as far as temp rise since we exited the last ice age..

I just love threads like this after I cleaned another 6 inches of global warming off my car. My grandkids have been out of school for a week and a half because the snow won't melt off of the roads and last night it was 3 degrees with a wind chill of about -10.

Another person who doesn't understand the difference between climate and weather.

Another person who doesn't understand the difference between climate and weather.

When it's warmer that usual, that's climate.
When it's colder than usual, that's weather.

Quick, give government $2 trillion to waste on windmills.

I have spent 57+ years on this earth and I can tell you without a doubt, weather changes but the overall climate has not.

40 years ago today was the worst blizzard ever to hit this part of the country in recorded history. We have set records for cold more times than I can count. We have set a few record highs in the winter, but most summers are getting cooler as the years go by. Right now, I have more snow on the ground than I ever saw in my youth until said blizzard when I turned 17, but this is about a yearly occurrence. Two years ago, kids were trick or treating as the snow fell and we had snow days off from school in November for the first time EVER!

Last week, we were at 65 degrees and close to a record high for January, but by the next morning we were in single digits and the snow was piling up. A city just west of me dropped 15 degrees in 20 minutes during the afternoon.

About 3 years ago, the summer was so cool that my pool would never warm up enough for us to comfortably swim. We hardly ever saw 90 degrees.

Moral of the story: It all changes.

I am 74 years old, and you are one lousy observer. I have watched the glaciers in the Cascades, Sierras, and Rockies recede since 72. I have seen the rivers in Oregon grow warmer decade by decade. More importantly, people who have a major financial interest in the weather and climate have tabulated their results for all to see.

insurable-natural-events-1-740x270.jpg

Figure 2. Increase in insurable natural events from Munich Re[2].

Even without El Niño.
3) Benghazi!

Liar.

temperaturetimelineb.png

Earth’s obliquity and temperature over the last 20,000 years

Wow. Look at that, the majority of the time has been warmer than the present day. Amazing confirmation of our contention that nothing happening now is any different than what has happened before.

As you damned well know, it is not the government that will spend trillions of dollars on windmills and solar. It is the utility companies, with or without subsidies. Because both wind and solar generate electricity cheaper than any fossil fuel. Combined with grid scale storage, renewables are the future, no matter how much that distresses you.

As you damned well know, it is not the government that will spend trillions of dollars on windmills and solar. It is the utility companies, with or without subsidies. Because both wind and solar generate electricity cheaper than any fossil fuel. Combined with grid scale storage, renewables are the future, no matter how much that distresses you.

What a ridiculous statement. They can't be cheaper you boob because you have to maintain a fossil fueled powerplant online to provide power when they invariably fail.

Even without El Niño.
3) Benghazi!

The Earth goes through natural cycles of warming and cooling.

wuwt_icecoreanim_image71.png

Temp_0-400k_yrs.gif

Data from different places tells us this.

It also suggests that we'd already reached the peak, like 120,000 years ago, 220,000 years ago, 320,000 years. After each even the temperatures went down again. Except this time.

About 3 years ago, the summer was so cool that my pool would never warm up enough for us to comfortably swim. We hardly ever saw 90 degrees.
The best thing about this discussion is how local anecdotal information is deemed to have value in a global context.

The best thing about this discussion is how local anecdotal information is deemed to have value in a global context.

That seems to be a agw supporter go to tactic for sure. When presented with real data they flee.

I am 74 years old, and you are one lousy observer. I have watched the glaciers in the Cascades, Sierras, and Rockies recede since 72. I have seen the rivers in Oregon grow warmer decade by decade. More importantly, people who have a major financial interest in the weather and climate have tabulated their results for all to see.

insurable-natural-events-1-740x270.jpg

Figure 2. Increase in insurable natural events from Munich Re[2].
LOL

Lets ignore that populations have increased and costs of materials have increased... All you posted up is proof that things cost more and we have more people..

What you haven't shown is that the weather events are more sever or last longer...

Even without El Niño.
3) Benghazi!

Liar.

temperaturetimelineb.png

Earth’s obliquity and temperature over the last 20,000 years

Wow. Look at that, the majority of the time has been warmer than the present day. Amazing confirmation of our contention that nothing happening now is any different than what has happened before.
My, what a fucked up bullshitter you are. The majority of the time warmer than the present? A Phd Geologist that cannot read a simple graph? From about 8600 years ago to 3600 years ago it was warmer than the present. That is 5000 years. The graph covers 20,000 years. 5000 is the majority of 20,000? You failed third grade math?

Forum List

Back