Brave israeli soldiers arrest a 5 year old palestinian boy

Jos

Rookie
Feb 6, 2010
"Israel Defense Forces soldiers earlier this week were videotaped detaining a five-year-old Palestinian boy in Hebron, after he allegedly threw a stone at an Israeli car on Tuesday.

The video, shot by Israeli human rights organization B’Tselem, shows soldiers from the Givati Brigade stationed in the West Bank city detaining Wa’adi Maswada, aged five years and nine months.

BIG BRAVE ISRAELI SOLDIERS ARREST A 5 YEAR OLD PALESTINIAN (VIDEO) | Desertpeace

This mind set is so wrong

New reputation!
Hi, you have received -686 reputation points from MHunterB.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:

Regards,
MHunterB

Note: This is an automated message.

Last edited:
Any child throwing stones must be punished (i.e., detaining, scolding and holding until a parent picks him/her up). A child that throws stones at people, does so because it is taught hatred by its parents and/or peers.

So, if you are so freaked out over the incident - just what DO you think should have been done about a child not yet six years old, NOT under the supervision of his parents and throwing rocks at passing cars?

Certainly none of the older children around were giving him guidance as in 'Throwing rocks at cars is not a good thing to do'...... it's not the little boy's fault, but that of whoever allowed him to go out without supervision.

When some boys in Alexandria, Egypt were throwing rocks at Morsi supporters the other day, some Muslim Brotherhood types threw them off the roof - before they surrounded them and beat them.

From*Haaretz: "Israel Defense Forces soldiers earlier this week were videotaped detaining a five-year-old Palestinian boy in Hebron, after he allegedly threw a stone at an Israeli car on Tuesday.The video, shot by Israeli human rights organization B’Tselem, shows soldiers from the Givati Brigade stationed in the West Bank city detaining Wa’adi Maswada, aged five years and nine months.In the video, one of the soldiers is heard asking the boy, “Where is Daddy?” Several local residents try to speak to the soldiers and deter them from proceeding with the arrest. One of the soldiers then tells them [in English], “He’s a child, eh?… No, but he threw it.” Another soldier says to the boy and the crowd, “Get over here, don’t set me off.” A Palestinian teenager takes the child by his hand and leads him off to the side. The whole time the 5-year-old can be heard crying." Video: Israeli military detains five-year-old Palestinian for allegedly throwing a stone

I never heard of countries arresting 5 year olds. Certainly outrageous behavior by a nation, especially one who holds itself out as a civilized democracy. We see our actions as nations are what really discloses what a nation is.

Riddle me this............

A 5 year old in this country throws a rock and damages your car. You stop and call police, as he dented your new 2013 whatever car. So you hold him, and the police arrive. They file a report so you can get your car repaired either by Insurance or the PARENTS OF THE CHILD. The police can't locate the parents, so are they going to let the child go?

No they wouldn't. They'd want to release the child to the parents, file paperwork so the matter can be legally resolved later by the parties involved. If the parents can't be located they'd turn the child into child protection services or the local Juvenile Center so the parents can pick up the child.

This is simply IDF bashing as usual. The kid shouldn't be throwing stones at cars. And the Parents should have to pay for any damages resulting from their son.

This op makes it sound like the IDF were torturing the kid. Absolutely not. They detained him for a short time and turned him in to Palestinian Police.

'Throwing rocks at cars is not a good thing to do'.......
So is occupying land that isn't yours. The IDF has no legal jurisdiction to even be in the area. As long as Israeli's are illegally in the West Bank, they should have rocks thrown at them.

Rocks are far better than Rockets fired from the West Bank when they aren't there.

But that's a different matter isn't it?

A 5 year old in this country throws a rock and damages your car. You stop and call police, as he dented your new 2013 whatever car. So you hold him, and the police arrive. They file a report so you can get your car repaired either by Insurance or the PARENTS OF THE CHILD. The police can't locate the parents, so are they going to let the child go?

No they wouldn't. They'd want to release the child to the parents, file paperwork so the matter can be legally resolved later by the parties involved. If the parents can't be located they'd turn the child into child protection services or the local Juvenile Center so the parents can pick up the child.

This is simply IDF bashing as usual. The kid shouldn't be throwing stones at cars. And the Parents should have to pay for any damages resulting from their son.

This op makes it sound like the IDF were torturing the kid. Absolutely not. They detained him for a short time and turned him in to Palestinian Police.

So, you should have no trouble showing me the US prisons filled with 5 year olds if your claim is the US arrests 5 yr olds! And the IDF arrested the 5 yr old and his father too for the child allegedly throwing rocks. There is a presumption of innocence under intl law for nations like Israel who have signed treaties governing how children are treated . Your post is complete BS!

Last edited:
More from the Haaretz article: As the child is crying, 6 IDF soldiers are seen gathering around the two, the child and a teenager, as the teenager is telling the commanding officer from the Givati Brigade where the child lives. They lead the child to a military Jeep, and the officer say, “Climb in with me.” The child starts flailing and tries to run away, still crying, residents start to gather. An older person arrives taking the child’s hand; they climb up together, the boy continues to weep and is eventually dragged into the Jeep.According to reports by B’Tselem, the soldiers arrived at the home of the Maswada family together with the boy. The mother was home at the time, according to B’Tselem, and the officer told the mother he was going to turn the child over to Palestinian police, but that they refused to take him before his father, Karem, arrived. Half an hour later the father came home, and the officer told him he was arresting the boy and turning him over to the Palestinian police.“I asked the officer, ‘Why would you arrest a five-year old?’” the father said in his testimony to B’Tselem. “A soldier standing next to the officer showed me a stone and claimed my son threw it and that it hit the tire of a Jewish settler’s car driving north near the Abed checkpoint.”The father tried to persuade the officer not to take the boy to the District Coordination and Liaison Administration. The officer told him he would be arrested as well if he didn’t let the boy go. . . .http://www.haaretz.com/news/nationa...ear-old-palestinian-for-throwing-a-stone.html

So, you should have no trouble showing me the US prisons filled with 5 year olds if your claim is the US arrests 5 yr olds! And the IDF arrested the 5 yr old and his father too for the child allegedly throwing rocks. There is a presumption of innocence under intl law for nations like Israel who have signed treaties governing how children are treated . Your post is complete BS!

LOL

Look at the videos again. They temporarily detained him and then turned him over to the Palestinian Police. They never jailed him.

5 years in jail in the U.S. LOL My God, are you for real. You don't read very well do you?

This op makes it sound like the IDF wuere torturing the kid. Absolutely not. They detained him for a short time and turned him in to Palestinian Police.

LOL

Look at the videos again. They temporarily detained him and then turned him over to the Palestinian Police. They never jailed him.

5 years in jail in the U.S. LOL My God, are you for real. You don't read very well do you?

Read what Haaretz reported, they arrested him. And they took his father too. Who said anything about 5 years in jail? Do you know how to read?

Last edited:
Baloney........They detained him called in the local authorities, and let the Palestinian Police Handle it.

Or do you just Cherry Pick what parts of the video you want to see. The kid was petting a dog before being taken to the jeep. They didn't cuff him, or beat him, and never did the kid get put in a cell.

Where are you Lunatics getting the arrest deal.

Secondly, you haven't responded to my earlier posts.

In the U.S. a kid damages a car, and the owner calls the police, they will hold the kid until either the parents or child services arrive, they don't actually arrest the kid, but they do detain them.

If No parents arrive then child services deals with the situation. The police will file a report so the owner has a paper trail for getting his or her's auto fixed. Either via the parents or Insurance.

. Another video, here we see the boys father being arrested and handcuffed. The father is also blindfolded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back