Born again disease.

If you read the article, you'll note that it isn't just born-agains who experience this kind of brain atrophy. Non-believers do, as well.

Here's one theory:
"One interpretation of our finding -- that members of majority religious groups seem to have less atrophy compared with minority religious groups -- is that when you feel your beliefs and values are somewhat at odds with those of society as a whole, it may contribute to long-term stress that could have implications for the brain," Amy Owen, lead author of the study and a research associate at Duke University Medical Center, said in a Duke news release.

The study authors also suggested that life-changing religious experiences could challenge a person's established religious beliefs, triggering stress.

"Other studies have led us to think that whether a new experience you consider spiritual is interpreted as comforting or stressful may depend on whether or not it fits in with your existing religious beliefs and those of the people around you," David Hayward, research associate at Duke University Medical Center, added. "Especially for older adults, these unexpected new experiences may lead to doubts about long-held religious beliefs, or to disagreements with friends and family."

• Banned
If you read the article, you'll note that it isn't just born-agains who experience this kind of brain atrophy. Non-believers do, as well.

Here's one theory:
"One interpretation of our finding -- that members of majority religious groups seem to have less atrophy compared with minority religious groups -- is that when you feel your beliefs and values are somewhat at odds with those of society as a whole, it may contribute to long-term stress that could have implications for the brain," Amy Owen, lead author of the study and a research associate at Duke University Medical Center, said in a Duke news release.

The study authors also suggested that life-changing religious experiences could challenge a person's established religious beliefs, triggering stress.

"Other studies have led us to think that whether a new experience you consider spiritual is interpreted as comforting or stressful may depend on whether or not it fits in with your existing religious beliefs and those of the people around you," David Hayward, research associate at Duke University Medical Center, added. "Especially for older adults, these unexpected new experiences may lead to doubts about long-held religious beliefs, or to disagreements with friends and family."
That's because neither group is capable of speculation. They're sheep, like military meatheads.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m_dP2n-5W8]Born Again - Third Day - YouTube[/ame]

At some point won't liberals have to actually DO something, like start rounding Christians up and putting them someplace where they won't "infect" everyone else?

No God, No Guilt, Know Problems

Know God, Know Guilt, No Problems

It's the public school message: "Yes you wont know shit when we're done, but you'll feel good about being worthless."

I find being out of the mainstream to be invigorating, not stressful. But, then again, it's effortless, even enjoyable, for me to defend my beliefs.

Some faggot came out with a study about fags and the size of the hippocampus, attempting to prove that buggering is biological. Latter studies failed to support the earlier study.

I'm not citing law, just manners.

'Mind your own business' is manners.
Precisely! Why don't Evangelicals understand this?

Well, based on your posts in this thread, I would say that it's you that doesn't understand it. I haven't seen an 'evangelical' on here demanding that you believe what they believe. But, you have clearly stated on here that they shouldn't be 'fanatical' about their beliefs. Who's the one imposing themselves in this situation and telling someone what to do? It's not any 'evangelical' that I can see.

'Mind your own business' is manners.

Well, based on your posts in this thread, I would say that it's you that doesn't understand it. I haven't seen an 'evangelical' on here demanding that you believe what they believe. But, you have clearly stated on here that they shouldn't be 'fanatical' about their beliefs. Who's the one imposing themselves in this situation and telling someone what to do? It's not any 'evangelical' that I can see.
Some folks (and in my humble opinion, MOST folks) reserve their faith as a personal experience. Even those without faith have arrived at that place by personal experience. Few folks want someone else trying hard to sell them on another faith. Their faith is theirs personally and not something to be marketed like toothpaste.

If an Evangelical wants to preach to me and I decline their efforts, I'm not the one imposing anything on someone else, it's quiter the opposite. I don't want someone else's faith dictating public policy, I'm and American.

Some folks (and in my humble opinion, MOST folks) reserve their faith as a personal experience. Even those without faith have arrived at that place by personal experience. Few folks want someone else trying hard to sell them on another faith. Their faith is theirs personally and not something to be marketed like toothpaste.

If an Evangelical wants to preach to me and I decline their efforts, I'm not the one imposing anything on someone else, it's quiter the opposite. I don't want someone else's faith dictating public policy, I'm and American.

So your opinion is that people should 'reserve their faith as a personal experience' to be kept hidden away? Why is it okay for you to 'market' your opinion on here, but people of faith cannot? I see you telling them to 'keep it to themselves' as being no different than them telling you about their faith, especially when you said 'keep it to yourself' before anyone imposed anything of faith on you. You say you're not imposing anything on anyone, but really you are by stating that they should not be fanatical about it without anyone showing any fanatical behavior at all.

I don't want someone else's faith dictating public policy, I'm and American.

Include me in that conclusion. No faith dictating actions as a government official.

Include me in that conclusion. No faith dictating actions as a government official.

The difference between piece of shit and a human being is that a human appreciates that everyone has some kind of faith or philosophy from which they make their decisions...

The difference between piece of shit and a human being is that a human appreciates that everyone has some kind of faith or philosophy from which they make their decisions...

Nope.

Do I read the bible to decide whether to buy a new car or fix the old one?
To remove my hand from the fire because it is hot?
To think someone is stupit for being a partisan sheeple?

Forum List

Back