Christianity in Crisis

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Andrew Sullivan: Christianity in Crisis - The Daily Beast

Andrew Sullivan on the virtues of an apolitical Jesus:

Whether or not you believe, as I do, in Jesus’ divinity and resurrection—and in the importance of celebrating both on Easter Sunday—Jefferson’s point is crucially important. Because it was Jesus’ point.

What does it matter how strictly you proclaim your belief in various doctrines if you do not live as these doctrines demand?

What is politics if not a dangerous temptation toward controlling others rather than reforming oneself?

If we return to what Jesus actually asked us to do and to be—rather than the unknowable intricacies of what we believe he was—he actually emerges more powerfully and more purely.

Andrew Sullivan is a liberal in capitulation to our jewish overlords. The modern crises in Christianity started in 1948 when Christians started turning from Christ to Antichrist.

oppressedchristians.jpg

American Christianity is always in a crisis. It only seems worse during radical left wing administrations.

We have never had a "radical left-wing" administration. We've never even had a "radical right-wing" administration, although we've come closer.

How is Christianity in a Crisis?

The last time I heard, Christianity is the 2nd largest religious group and is still growing.

Is it because of the fact that there are more denominations coming into being per decade, for Christianity is also the most fractured religion ever seen to mankind. The ability to re-interpret the New Testament into saying anything a madman wants is virtual limitless. Add in the fact that adherents rarely question the thoelogical leaders and this crisis maybe dangerous to many of us non-believers.

Is that the "crisis" the Christians are referring to? I doubt it.

Forum List

Back