Empathy..... I know you know how to take care of #1...

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
Empathy. The ability to walk a mile in another persons moccasins.

Is feeling empathy for others a virtue to be envied and emulated, or a weakness displayed by creatures known as 'food' that should be exploited?

:eusa_think: Common sense and self preservation dictate that, at some level, genuine interest must be shown in the feelings of those we live and work with.....
:eusa_eh: How large a community deserves some level of 'empathy'?​

That's an interesting list. No empathy for earthquake victims? I understand not having empathy for tornado victims, it's their own fault - But who wouldn't have a heart for those poor suckers nailed by an earthquake?

That's an interesting list. No empathy for earthquake victims? I understand not having empathy for tornado victims, it's their own fault - But who wouldn't have a heart for those poor suckers nailed by an earthquake?

true, tornadoes seem to concentrate on red states.

That's an interesting list. No empathy for earthquake victims?

Only if you are blinded, crippled, retarded, and orphaned I suppose, afterwards.

Hey, welcome to planet Earth. Sure, life's not fair, but that's not my fault. I'll help those that legitimately need help because they truly are at a disadvantage that can't be corrected.

true, tornadoes seem to concentrate on red states.

Ouch! :eusa_shifty: Politics in religion?!?

Say it aint so!! :eek:

Exactly! Fuck 'em!! Proof that their god is a Mr. Poopy Pants!!! :funnyface: Never happen to us!

Yeah, we're not like them that get earthquakes, i.e. we don't slaughter dolphins and whales, so god/gaia/whatever has no cause or reason to nuke us.

If we show empathy to those being punished by god/gaia/whatever, we might anger god/gaia/whatever and get our own asses kicked too. :tongue:

Is feeling empathy for others a virtue to be envied and emulated, or a weakness displayed by creatures known as 'food' that should be exploited?

:eusa_think: Common sense and self preservation dictate that, at some level, genuine interest must be shown in the feelings of those we live and work with.....

It depends on your definition of what empathy is.

Empathy is merely a feeling. Charity on the other hand, is what we need to develop. If we have charity it will be well with us in the last day.

And to be fair, many people don't have a clue how to take care of #1.

Empathy is merely a feeling. Charity on the other hand, is what we need to develop. If we have charity it will be well with us in the last day.

Which is why i asked about what he meant by....empathy.

Exactly! Fuck 'em!! Proof that their god is a Mr. Poopy Pants!!! :funnyface: Never happen to us!

Yeah, we're not like them that get earthquakes, i.e. we don't slaughter dolphins and whales, so god/gaia/whatever has no cause or reason to nuke us.

If we show empathy to those being punished by god/gaia/whatever, we might anger god/gaia/whatever and get our own asses kicked too. :tongue:

I think our fate has more to do with God's covenant with Abraham. "I will bless those who bless you and curse those that curse you."
I am afraid we are about to see a seismic shift in our status.

:eusa_think:

:eusa_eh: How about "The ability to walk a mile in another persons moccasins?"

:eusa_eh: How about "The ability to walk a mile in another persons moccasins?"

I'm curious to know if there is another meaning that some posters are thinking of. Either that... or... at the risk of sounding like an arrogant bitch.... we have a serious amount of 'dumber than dirt' posters.

Isn't charity without empathy just a voluntary tax?

Without 'feeling it', is love worth the effort?

I kind of work on the 'there but for the Grace of (insert optional Deity here), go I' theory. So, yea.... I empathize.... and I try to do what I can for those who are less fortunate. I'm not big on talking the talk... I am far more interested in walking the walk.

Forum List

Back