Born again disease.

Nope.

Do I read the bible to decide whether to buy a new car or fix the old one?
To remove my hand from the fire because it is hot?
To think someone is stupit for being a partisan sheeple?

No one reads the Bible to decide whether to buy a new car or fix the old one, or to remove a hand from a fire because it is hot. Do you have a point that I'm missing, or just shit for brains?

Feel good liberal bullshit. Want to get rid of stress? Then get rid of God, and you'll feel much better! But there is a problem with that:

Who do you blame tomorrow's stress on?
Perhaps you are missing the point. Can one be religious without being fanatical about it?

How about justice? Want to be 'moderate' about that?

2 of my best of friends: 1 an atheist and another a born again Southern Baptist fundamentalist Christian.
And they get along well together. The Christian is not judgmental like a lot of them are, has his opinions but does not push them on others.
The atheist is the best neighbor I have and I told him once he is one of the most Christlike folks I know.

You can never put everyone in the same basket.
Assholes know and have no religous affiliation.

Last edited:
Feel good liberal bullshit. Want to get rid of stress? Then get rid of God, and you'll feel much better! But there is a problem with that:

Perhaps you are missing the point. Can one be religious without being fanatical about it?

How about justice? Want to be 'moderate' about that?

Yep that is why we have extinuating circumstances and juries.

Well, based on your posts in this thread, I would say that it's you that doesn't understand it. I haven't seen an 'evangelical' on here demanding that you believe what they believe. But, you have clearly stated on here that they shouldn't be 'fanatical' about their beliefs. Who's the one imposing themselves in this situation and telling someone what to do? It's not any 'evangelical' that I can see.
Some folks (and in my humble opinion, MOST folks) reserve their faith as a personal experience. Even those without faith have arrived at that place by personal experience. Few folks want someone else trying hard to sell them on another faith. Their faith is theirs personally and not something to be marketed like toothpaste.

If an Evangelical wants to preach to me and I decline their efforts, I'm not the one imposing anything on someone else, it's quiter the opposite. I don't want someone else's faith dictating public policy, I'm and American.

So your opinion is that people should 'reserve their faith as a personal experience' to be kept hidden away? Why is it okay for you to 'market' your opinion on here, but people of faith cannot? I see you telling them to 'keep it to themselves' as being no different than them telling you about their faith, especially when you said 'keep it to yourself' before anyone imposed anything of faith on you. You say you're not imposing anything on anyone, but really you are by stating that they should not be fanatical about it without anyone showing any fanatical behavior at all.
Not hidden away. But not used as a political tool or part of a political agenda. And, not imposed upon me by an individual proselytizing either. I don't want to be sold a faith any more than any other individual. I appreciate some faiths egg on conversions. The Spanish Catholics brought it to America more than 500 years ago. Jehovah's Witnesses canvass neighborhoods all the time. And when they aren't going door to door like ecclesiastical Fuller Brush men, the Mormons are.

Then the evangelicals, after being told that God sends hurricanes to punish theme park owners, take their well reasoned beliefs to school boards and merchandisers.

Thanks but no thanks. I, as an American, reserve my right to recognize God and His glory as I wish. As I wish, not as a marketing target for someone else. Or as an intellectual victim of their faith.

Do you ask the same thing of an atheiest ?

If trying to live like a Christian is being fanatical I don't have a problem with it.

The Adult Choir at my church sings this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdc-ts_8ltY]DFW Mass Choir-Born Again - YouTube[/ame]

The Youth Choir sings this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-mhFHb-oCk]Benedict College Gospel Choir- Say the Word - YouTube[/ame]

Two of my favorite songs. I'm personally pretty glad I got the born again disease.:D

I don't want someone else's faith dictating public policy, I'm and American.

Include me in that conclusion. No faith dictating actions as a government official.

The difference between piece of shit and a human being is that a human appreciates that everyone has some kind of faith or philosophy from which they make their decisions...

Nope.

Do I read the bible to decide whether to buy a new car or fix the old one
?
To remove my hand from the fire because it is hot?
To think someone is stupit for being a partisan sheeple?

No. But I do pray every morning for Godly wisdom before making major decisions. The part which is emboldened I'd personally consider a major decision. Yes, I'm a fanatic. I come from a Pentecostal background. Can't help it.:D

I don't want someone else's faith dictating public policy, I'm and American.

Include me in that conclusion. No faith dictating actions as a government official.

Exactly.
When someone, anyone be it Christian or any religion, presumes that they can force government to force their religious beliefs on me through government policy it is not the Christian or any other religion that I am offended by.
IT IS THE PERSON AND PEOPLE THAT ARE DOING THE FORCING.

Forum List

Back