Boehner admitts the right wants a default

who was it that tied crap to the debt limit?

who else in history has ever done that?

No one has done this! Here we go again...Political Animal - Resolving the debt-ceiling dispute in five minutes

Mitch Daniels, the conservative Republican Indiana governor and former Bush budget director, explained that “a responsible government” must routinely raise the debt ceiling. “This ought to be treated as the housekeeping matter it is,” Daniels said. Ronald Reagan warned that failure to raise the debt limit would lead to consequences too “awesome to contemplate.”

god you're fucking stupid

Ok....let's hear YOUR explanation of what Boehner means by "chaos"? :confused:

And I just can't wait to read what you post on it.......:razz:

First let us look at the words, shall we?
I'll paste slow so you can keep up

if we get past August the second
(without defaulting)

and we have enough chaos
(from the uproar caused by the cuts in spending)

we could force the Senate and the White House to accept a balanced budget amendment.
(we may have the leverage to force these boneheads to live within their means)

If I win the lottery and it's more than 14 million I could buy a lot of spinach.

Does that mean I want to buy a lot of spinach?
:cuckoo:
Nowhere did the Bone say that he wants to push us into default.

a lot of them believe that if we get past August the second and we have enough chaos, we could force the Senate and the White House to accept a balanced budget amendment."

alot believe economic chaos in the US is a good plan.

You say that as if there is something wrong with balancing the budget. moron

who was it that tied crap to the debt limit?

who else in history has ever done that?

No one has done this! Here we go again...Political Animal - Resolving the debt-ceiling dispute in five minutes

Mitch Daniels, the conservative Republican Indiana governor and former Bush budget director, explained that “a responsible government” must routinely raise the debt ceiling. “This ought to be treated as the housekeeping matter it is,” Daniels said. Ronald Reagan warned that failure to raise the debt limit would lead to consequences too “awesome to contemplate.”

And how's that working out right about now?

We can't continue on the 'no plan, just spend' track that the Dems and Repubs have been on. We. are. in. the. shitter. and. we. are. out. of. bucks.

Something has to give.

WT is right, if not now . . . . WHEN????

If find it ludicrous that Republicans are being demonized for wanting to pass a BBA (imagine, living within our means) and not a peep that the Dems poo-poo the notion 100%. Speaks volumes.

Last edited:
Boehner: ‘A Lot’ Of Republicans Want To Force Default, Create ‘Enough Chaos’ To Pass Balanced Budget Amendment | ThinkProgress

BOEHNER: Well, first they want more. And my goodness, I want more too. And secondly, a lot of them believe that if we get past August the second and we have enough chaos, we could force the Senate and the White House to accept a balanced budget amendment. I’m not sure that that — I don’t think that that strategy works. Because I think the closer we get to August the second, frankly, the less leverage we have vis a vis our colleagues in the Senate and the White House.

The Tea Party clearly wants a default.

And they may get it.

Thanks to them, the stock market has dropped 349 points in the last three days.

Boehner: ‘A Lot’ Of Republicans Want To Force Default, Create ‘Enough Chaos’ To Pass Balanced Budget Amendment | ThinkProgress

BOEHNER: Well, first they want more. And my goodness, I want more too. And secondly, a lot of them believe that if we get past August the second and we have enough chaos, we could force the Senate and the White House to accept a balanced budget amendment. I’m not sure that that — I don’t think that that strategy works. Because I think the closer we get to August the second, frankly, the less leverage we have vis a vis our colleagues in the Senate and the White House.

The Tea Party clearly wants a default.

And they may get it.

Thanks to them, the stock market has dropped 349 points in the last three days.

Give thanks to Bush and Obama.

Boehner admits the right wants a default

Many in the TPM and far right fringe fantasize that they’re in some epic struggle with an ‘evil’ Federal government, a guerrilla war where they’re the insurgents trying to topple the hated regime.

And they don’t care who gets hurt.

They believe as much disruption and chaos they can create will reflect poorly on Obama and increase their chances of winning the WH. This is of course their only goal per the Senate Minority Leader, not the welfare of the Nation.

Exactly. They care nothing about the fate of the nation, only their screwball ideology.

If they take this nation into the Second Great Republican Depression, and that becomes more likely every day, their names will be remembered.

well, 'SOMEONE' obviously loves BANKS....and wants Americans to hand over their hard earned tax dollars, in higher interest rates, over to the banks for the next 2 decades minimum! And SOMEONE wants Americans to pay higher interest rates for our homes and business adventures!

Thank you 'SOMEONE', for taking even more cash out of my pocket, and giving it to Bankers!

Many in the TPM and far right fringe fantasize that they’re in some epic struggle with an ‘evil’ Federal government, a guerrilla war where they’re the insurgents trying to topple the hated regime.

They believe as much disruption and chaos they can create will reflect poorly on Obama and increase their chances of winning the WH. This is of course their only goal per the Senate Minority Leader, not the welfare of the Nation.

Exactly. They care nothing about the fate of the nation, only their screwball ideology.

If they take this nation into the Second Great Republican Depression, and that becomes more likely every day, their names will be remembered.

That would be democrats. When is enough enough?

Come on, show that economic prowess blowhard.

The Republican Party has been taken over by extremists who are going to wreck the economy just as it is recovering.

The Republican Party has been taken over by extremists who are going to wreck the economy just as it is recovering.

It sure is a weird recovery, unemployment going up, commodoties skyrocketing, economy in tatters, high prosperity gas prices at the pump, high precious metals, high groceries.

Was this the "yes we can" recovery?

"a lot of them believe that if we get past August the second and we have enough chaos, we could force the Senate and the White House to accept a balanced budget amendment."

He is saying a lot of the right want to see chaos in the US so they can get their way

Chaos does not = Default. Default only occurs when you fail to honor a debt Obligation. Why don't you fucking idiots at least try and get that small little fact right.

While I am not a huge fan of boner, I do believe our government needs some shock therapy. I don't see why forcing them to prioritize and only use the 200 Billion a month they get with out Borrowing more money, for a couple weeks.

Neither side has come up with anything close to a solution to our long term Debt Issues, and that is what is needed. They are all failing us.

First, The Democrat party is firmly in the control of the Extreme left, and their Policies are have added substantially to our long Term Debt Problems, and they still want to spend more.

And what Recovery are you talking about? I assure you the Average American does not feel like we are in a recovery. If this "Recovery" is the best that Left wing, Big spending solutions will get us, then we better find another god damn way.

We Paid OVer 2 Trillion when you count Tarp, the Stimulus, and Omnibus Bills, for this Anemic, Pathetic, Jobless Recovery? Really? And you think that was money well spent?

Uber Fail!

Forum List

Back